Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 G6

2006 Pontiac G6

$473 - $8,545  MSRP Range
2006 Pontiac G6

4.0

Have You Driven the 2006 Pontiac G6?

Great Car!

by FBG6Coupe from Sherman Oaks, CA on Tue Jul 28 2015

I bought this car brand new on January 1st, 2006. It has been a dream! Fun to drive, beautiful styling, comfortable, powerful and quiet engine. I have replaced the radio twice, fixed a steering shaft issue, and a wheel bearing. Other than that, just normal maintenance. I'm approaching 90k miles, and it still gets the fuel economy on the sticker (21.29), I actually average 30 and above on the freeway. I don't know why others have had so many problems, my only guess is that the first owner really put the car through alot, then got rid of it, so the second owner is dealing with the fallout. In any event, I can't imagine loving another car as much. Exterior styling is classy and elegant yet sporty and youthful.

Very reliable and good car for the money.

by Who told you that? from DeKalb, Il on Tue Aug 23 2011

Overall gas milage sitting at 31 mpg. The 3.6 V6 has plenty of power. Smooth ride, nice handling. Other than basic maintanance I haven't had to put any money into it what-so-ever. It's a great car.

First ever Earth Bound Rocket! G6 GT

by fjlogic from Jacksonville,Fl on Sat Jul 29 2006

This car is what America Should be simply put. It looks sportier in all black/crome, with the retractable roof feels like i'm about to take flight. It also feels and rides like a luxury car, I sometimes forget that it's a 4 door sedan. The leather quality isnt bad. everytime I get into mine I have the feeling of conformity. like it was built just for me. KITT eat your heart out, G6 GT is King...

Best car I've ever owned

by John from Depauw,In on Fri Jan 26 2007

I was really surprised when the salesman brought the g6 up for me to test drive. I had told him what I was looking for and he showed me a 2006 g6 gt leather seats moon roof ect. all the bells and whistles .

Great Car!

by Car Enthusiast from on Mon Aug 17 2009

I love this car. I own the GTP version, and it is a blast. I have also owned the v6 version of the Mazda 6 and this is a much better car all around. I can't speak to the other models but the GTP is has plenty of power and great suspension and powerful if not over powered brakes. The governor does stop the car at 115 but be sure it reaches it quickly. It has been a great car and I've had it for 2 years now and haven't had any problems with it. You wont find a better price to power ratio than this car.

2006 G6 base 4 cylinder

by Cheryl from roch. ny on Tue May 23 2006

pro's -nice cockpit -exterior styling -4 cylinder performance and fuel economy -quite interior, nice ride -good handling -sweet red backlighting Con's -seats not up on luxury -no airbags, abs, or traction -not a lot of interior storage -no center pull down armrest in rear -rear visiblity overall---above average car

An actuall great touring car!

by Chris from Cincinnati, OH on Wed Nov 01 2006

This car is great on long trips. No fatigue at all. The only thing that I don't like about the interior is I can't find a comfortable place for my left arm to rest. But other than that, PERFECT CAR!

RENTAL

by Queen Bee from Fort Wayne, IN on Wed Jul 12 2006

I rented this car for 1 week and I love this car! When I rent cars to go home I usually ended up with the 2006 Chevy Malibu's. I was impressed with those as well and was possibly considering to get one. But, now that i've rented the G6. I know exactly what I will be getting as my next car!! It rides sooo smooth and is very stylish.

Excellent first car

by Car lover from Milwaukee, WI on Wed Jul 23 2008

This is the first new car I have ever owned and it has been absolutely spectacular. I bought it after test-driving 16 other cars, ranging from the Ford Fusion to the Chevy HHR, and I have not been disappointed in my choice. The engine is exceptionally quiet even at highway speeds. The transmission has no problem picking the gear I want, which is unusual for me, given that all of my cars prior to this one had had manual transmissions. The rear seat has ample leg room for friends and family. The fuel economy is pretty good, as I generally get around 30 mpg in combined driving.

Best car

by Kelsey1717 from Adrian,MI on Sun Apr 23 2017

This is one of the best cars I have owned since I've started driving. I'm really glad I came across this car in the website!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 Pontiac G6

General Motors has a certified hit on its hands in the all-new 2006 Pontiac G6 convertible. By the time the bright blue test vehicle left my driveway, news had broken that the entire stock of 2006s had sold out. So no matter what I say in this review, you'l have to wait until the 2007s reach dealerships before you can buy one.

That said, I can only imagine the G6's popularity remains intact thanks to the same set that made the Chrysler Sebring convertible a strong seller years past its prime: drivers with a need for an affordable four-seat droptop who don't care much about performance, but for whom looks and practicality remain pretty important.

Exterior