2007 G6

2007 Pontiac G6

2007 Pontiac G6

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2007 Pontiac G6?

Review

by G6 Veteran from Atlanta, GA on Wed Oct 07 2015

I've had my base model G6 for more than 4 years. It has been one of my friends' favorites to ride in since then. Big seats, relatively comfortable, and OK handling. More powerful than I was expecting, the car can really accelerate quickly if you so choose. I recently passed 100,000 miles and the car REALLY felt it. Suspension crumbled, the coolant pump exploded, and the steering imploded. Cost me $3200. If you're going to get one, make sure it has <50,000 miles on it.

The Best Car Ever..

by Love My Sedan from Atlanta, GA on Tue Oct 28 2008

I bought my Pontiac G6 about 6 months ago and I could not be happier. The fact that it's a GT doesn't hurt, but the power this thing has is great! It's comfortable seating makes a great ride for both the driver and passengers. The back seat has a pretty decent amount of space. The sound system is fantastic as well, which is a huge bonus! The only thing I don't like is the CD player doesn't read MP3s. Other than that, I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone!

G6 Convertible, Fun car!

by RedConv from Bosotn on Fri Sep 25 2009

Love the hard top, very quiet when up, a lot of fun when its down! Comfortable to drive, clean cockpit layout and nice features. Large wheels and tires make it a nice looking car. Pretty quiet and calm for the front passengers with the top down but windy in back. Can feel the back-end "shake" on bumps with top down. Not real "sophisticated" compared to Audi, BMW etc but a great value.

Better Than Expected

by 25 year Pontiac owner from Strongsville, Ohio on Thu Oct 28 2010

Bought a 3 year old Pontiac G6 convertible and just love it. Fun to drive and the hard top convertible is always an object of conversation.

Lemon

by disappointed from Little Rock, AR on Wed Mar 14 2007

I have had the car in the shop 7 times, and it has less than 4000 miles on it. I believe they rushed the convertable into production before getting all the problems worked out.

Does not recommend this car!!

"Most fun to drive"

by Wind in our hair from Chicago, Il on Sat Jan 12 2008

We bought the hard top convertible and absolutely love it. There is a cockpit feel to it which feels like the car is wrapping around you. This is our fourth pontiac. The only downside is the trunk space when the top is down. There isn't any. We'll work around that though because we love the convertible. The G6 also has loads of extra features that we only found out about after we bought the car. Great!!

Great value

by OwithGM from Linden on Sun Mar 31 2019

I am 6’2 and this car was one of the more comfortable cars I’ve driven. Great sleek styling, and power from a 3.5L V6 (I never recommend such sized cars as a 4 cyl) Excellent trunk space. The dog enjoyed the rear when we went on rides. As with any GM maintenance is expected. I purchased my vehicle was 99,760 miles on the odometer and kept going until I had no time to repair at 135k. There are many G6 cars well over the 150k mark. Maintain maintain and maintain!

kool kar!

by G6 mann from Yo, Ohio on Tue Feb 03 2009

great car inside and out. Durable and very comfortable and handles great with no problems. Great in all weather conditions. G6 coupes are spacious and sporty for any one's style!

fun car to own

by young at heart from Denver, CO on Fri Nov 10 2006

Did alot of thinking before buying this car. Wife and i enjoy driving in nov. with the top down. I read the experts reviews, don't quite agree with some of the negitive comments. I own 3 1967 pontiacs, conv. GTO and station wagon. Not nearly as powerful as my other cars, but, quitier, comforitable and just as enjoyable.

Great Convertible "07"

by G Owner from New Jersey on Tue Jan 29 2008

First convertible ever purchased and it has been quite interesting. First off the style and the way the top goes down is a attention getter all the time, its pretty cool how it transforms itself from coupe to vert in 33 seconds. I've had the car since oct 2007 brand new with all options, I just wish GM wouldve put the GTP badge on my 3.9L vert and also Vanity lights and OnStar but other then that the car is great drives like a big coupe. Gas isnt that great but if you drive with the flow there shouldnt be a problem. Car only had one problem, after 9,000 miles the muffler system shot out. Went back to dealer and they replaced the whole thing. Now the car has 21,000 miles and no problems*! Yea lots of miles lol.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2007 Pontiac G6

Picking up my youngest child from school in the 2007 Pontiac G6 GT convertible, she can barely contain her excitement. When she spots me in this shiny beauty, top down to take advantage of the perfect spring weather, a grin as wide as – and spreading like – the fungal-like mess in her bedroom appears on her face. As I get closer, she begins to fidget, and then full-out jumps up and down. “Mom!” she exclaims. “You look sooo cool in that car!” Need I say more? Really, we could just wrap up this review right now, couldn’t we?

Who cares how functional this car is? According to my daughter (who, yes, is only 4, but she’s very observant for her age), I... Read More