2006 Solstice

2006 Pontiac Solstice

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2006 Pontiac Solstice?

Most fun I have had driving a car

by Solsticedriver from Hampton , New Brunswick , Canada on Mon Mar 31 2008

I bought my red Solstice new in Jan 06 and took possesion in April. It has the Sand and Granite leather interior and most options. I was dissapointed with the enginepower but it doesn't matter when you are driving on twisty winding roads of which there are plenty in my area. This car handles so well it is almost unbelievable. I drive my vehicles hard and this one is no exception. The fun factor on a scale of 1 to 10 is a solid 15. The styling was very well done and is what I love about it besides the handling. I also own a GT PT Cruiser and it will blow the doors off the Solstice on the highway but it doesn't hold a candle to the Solstice on the back roads. Ya gotta love this car. I am beyond retirement age but you are always young at heart. Enjoy life. I know i do.

Good value, lots of driving fun

by Roland from Los Angeles on Mon Oct 13 2008

I am very pleased with this car. I've owned it for a couple of years and would recommend it to anyone looking for a modern roadster. The most notable feature is its exterior styling, the weakest is the interior materials and overall fit and finish. If GM can improve on these two points, it will have a good selling car for years to come.

Heaven

by Solstice Babe from Canton, Ohio on Wed Jan 09 2008

My husband surprised me by giving me my Solstice for my 40th birthday. What an incredible car. I love my Solstice so much! It handles so well and is so sexy. All I have to do when I am having a bad day is take a spin, listen to the great sound system, and I am back to having a great day. I love having the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. The only down side - I am grounded from driving it until May because of our weather - but just sitting in still makes me happy.

Love love love my car!

by Chesh6280 from Naples, FL on Tue Jul 19 2016

This car is so fun to drive. Hugs the road, love the stick, extremely comfortable to sit in for long distance. Incredible gas mileage and great value. It's my bat mobile! Still turns heads, stylish and can take a corner like no other car I have owned. Value so worth it. The only issue I have is although there are power locks there is no button inside in door or console to open. Have to use the remote. Other issue is no trunk space and no spare tire. But other than that I'm so glad I bought this.

Head turning baby

by Alma053 from Lodi on Sat Jul 22 2017

I have always loved the Pontiac Solstice. I am 63 and recently widowed. My husband said to make sure and live my life to the fullest before he died so I went out and bought a used Red Pontiac Solstice. This car does make you feel alive, happy and carefree. Thank you my love.

MRS. ARANGO

by SPORTS CAR LOVER from DALLAS-FT WORTH on Thu May 18 2006

THIS SPORTS CAR IS AFFORDABLE AND ENJOYABLE FOR A PERSON WITH AN AVERAGE INCOME. THE SOLSTICE HAS THE FUTURISTIC LOOK AND HANDLES WELL ON THE ROAD. FOR A FEMALE CUSTOMER LIKE ME I ENJOY THE BODY STYLE AND LOOKS THAT IS VERY EYE CATCHING.

Sweet Exotic-American made

by Ironeyes4440 from Tampa, Fl. on Wed Apr 29 2015

I just purchased a 2006 for my wife. It has 21,000 miles and is mint. Steering is tight and suspension is very firm. With the top up, vision is a bit limited but with the top down, it's great. A lot of fun driving around the beach and gets great looks from people who are not quite sure what it is. A great value for an awesome sports car.

Fun car

by DougS on Sun Apr 15 2018

I daily drove a Solstice from 2009 to 2016. Loved it. Ultimately traded it in on a C6. Pros: - Nothing beats driving around with the top down on a perfect summer day. - Good looking, cowling makes it one of very few cars with a good looking roof line when the top is down. - Light, can be thrown around. Like the Miata, this is an every-man's Lotus Elise or Alfa Romeo 4C. - Reliable - Can use all of the car on the street. (As opposed to my C6 where I'm pretty sure redline in second is illegal in all 50 states) Cons: - Chrome on my wheels eventually started to peel (**Look for this before buying!!**) - Not nearly as quick as it looks. - The base model has neither good fuel economy (I got about 21 MPG, suburb commuting, 27 highway) or good power (175 HP is not enough even with how light it is). - The cup holders interfere with the driver's and passenger's arms. - Smallest trunk volume I have ever seen. Even with the top up, don't plan on carrying more than a board game or two unless they're going to be on your passenger's lap.

2006 Solstice

by Solstice on Tue Jul 03 2018

Sharp little car to kick around in the Nashville sun, right color and great style. Drives real tight. Just enough to get around and be comfortable.

Best car on the road !

by Tia from Shavertown on Fri Jun 09 2017

Sporty. Looks and rides great !!! This car gives you everything you need for summer Fun and adventure! Never seen snow and is the best in the market. Two seater convertible.

1 2 3 4