2003 Sunfire

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Loved it!!

by Owner of 8 years from TX on February 12, 2011

I bought my 2003 pontiac new and it has been great, reliable transportation! Minor repairs here and there. Getting it serviced properly was the key! Great gas mileage; I now have over 200k miles on the car and it still gets me everywhere I want and need to go! I'm gonna hate to part with it :(

Love the Sunfire - Owned three of them

by Sunfire Lover from Irving, TX on May 2, 2012

Great car - I step on the gas and it moves. Fun car; love the looks that's why I've owned three of them. Only problem I've ever had was the auto-window switch that I replaced on one car. Very dependable; so sorry they don't make them any more.

Great first car!

by My First Car from Virginia on October 10, 2009

We have needed absolutely no repair work on this car in almost 100,000 miles of operation! (of course we've replaced the tires) This was a great first car!

Don't listen to the experts

by isotope01 from Albuquerque, NM on August 29, 2009

the experts keep ragging on it as being a 20,000 dollar car and not worth the money. I bought this car for 13,000 brand new, and well equipped. The FEW issues I have encountered have been minor and easily/cheaply fixed! Driving is wonderful! Really smooth ride, and excellent handling. Where other American manufactured cars turning radius' are very limiting(**FORDS**) the sunfire is excellent. It can easily pull a u-turn in a wide residential street without having to reverse at all. Acceleration is excellent. In the 5-speed standard transmission there is a lot of speed control that can be done purely by laying off the accelerator, there is absolutely no need to be on the brake all the time in city traffic. Gas mileage is excellent. Interior is nice. Bucket seats in front are comfortable. All controls are easily reached and well placed. Drawbacks? rear passengers need to be aware of very little head room, but if you are like me and rarely have more than one person in your car, this is not an issue. As for the front seat belts strangling you when you get in the back seat I have one thing to say... IT'S A COUPE!!! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT???

Reliable & Great gas mileage

by SPICE1952 from Spanaway, WA on October 13, 2008

I have not had any problems with my car INTERIOR, STYLE, DUAL EXHAUST AND SATELLITE. GREAT VALUE FOR THE COST.

The Best First car a person could have

by Love My Sunfire from on April 19, 2011

i love this care. its the best standard car i've ever driven. its small but i love that about it. its perfect for me. It also saves a ton of money on gas.

Best Pontiac EVer

by Sunfire is tha best from Mphs,TN on May 10, 2010

I have had this car for 5 years and it has over 100,000 miles on it. It still runs like new! I love this car!

2003 sunfire

by splicer7 from Alsip, Illinois on August 13, 2014

A great little car that does just what its suppose to do and that is to get from point a to point b and use as little of gas as possible. Had the 2005 and sold it to my daughter. Seating in this car is much more comfortable as the seats are much more padded. (giving up about 2 inches to the wheel because of the padding. Drives perfect as did my 2005. If you have 80k you might consider changing out the struts. You'll be glad you did. my 2003 also has abs,traction control,and a moonroof.Also, if you've got a little extra cash i would advise bigger tires. 205-55r or 60r 15's for the front and 215's for the back. Handles a whole lot better when you get this done as well. Will i buy another one. maybe not because when I'm done with this one their probably wont be another one out there with less than 50k.

Long Lasting Vehicle

by cjb27898 from Delaware on October 4, 2017

This car is cheap and lasts a long time. My car has 205k miles on it and still works. It has its ups and downs, but what car doesn't when it gets to that many miles? It is fairly cheap to repair any of the damaged parts, and it is a smooth riding car.

Surprisingly tough

by Becky from Perry, Ga on October 30, 2010

I drove my sinfire for almost six years. I never had anything go wrong with it other than needing a new battery. Yes, it's tiny and adorable, and I complained about manual windows. But, I totaled my little car the other day, and everyone who's looked at me thinks it's a miracle I survived. I was run off the road by another driver and hydroplaned off the road. I ran off of a bridge and flipped my car 4 times. My sunfire ended up smashed between two trees. I am about five feet tall and 100 pounds, but I walked out with a leg bruise and a few scratches from my seatbelt. My car flew 27 feet off of the road, but I managed to crawl out of my passenger window and climb up a 12 foot enbankment. My car was still running, and the windshild wipers were still going. Two of my tires were gone, and there's not a piece of glass left in it, but the frame held together. It's dented to heck and back, but I'm alive and unhurt. I never thought my little car would hold together like that, but it was extremely safeand reliable. This was a really great car.

1 2