2005 Porsche 911 consumer reviews

side view of 2005 911 Porsche
Explore the 2005 Porsche 911
Shop the 2005 Porsche 911

Fast, Fun drive, comfortable ride

I love this car! I've wanted this car for a very long time. Its fast, fun to drive, very comfortable and reliable. I recommend it!

Great improvement over 996

I’ve owned both a 996 C4S (was a great car) & now a 997 C2. The improvements from one iteration to the next are notable. It shows much improved aerodynamics at high speed (no more front lift) and a redesigned shape more in tune to classic 911’s whilst providing modern technology. The interior is much improved but could still use some upgrades in comparación to other luxury sports cars. Car pulls strong, is very attractive and reliable pending you practice proactive maintenance. Highly recommend.

great looking classic sports car

exactly what I was looking for. Cabriolet. runs like new. fun to drive. hugs the road and corners like a slot car! there is no substitute!

Needed a little work to refine

Needed a little TLC ..And now its amazing..with my upgrades and cosmetics I am very happy. I wouldn't sell it for double what I bought it for.

The best Porsche for your money.

I had always wanted to own a Porsche, but the IMF Bearing scare had me nervous. After careful research, a long but diligent search considering carfaxes, mileage and reviews, I found a base model Carrera with extremely low miles, only two owners and a clean carfax. This car has been a joy as my daily driver, although I only drive it on dry, nice days (since I live in Minnesota). The dealership is wonderful (and surprisingly affordable), and so far the only costs I've incurred have been for standard maintenance. A few interior changes that didn't come with my 911 were steering wheel radio controls and a slide cover on the sunroof, but they are such minor features I don't mind. Mine even came in midnight blue with orange leather interior, which matched my personalized BRONCOS plates perfectly.

Reliable, quick, fuel efficient, expert handling

Porsche continues to increase in value. I make money on every car. Love love love to drive it and it's incredibly reliable. They've made the 911 for over 50 years. Classy, refined and fun.

4.3

Great budget sports car

Excellent choice to start on the Porsche world, the 997 does look a lot like the newer generations. The 5-speed automatic has aged when compared to PDK 7 speed. But it’s a very fun car overall. Amazing exterior design. Quite loud on the highways though probably due to the size of the tires and not enough insulation.

4.4

One of the most desirable cars in the world

Powerful and engineered perfectly. It is my daily car in summer. The real cost of owning this car isn't the price or the maintenance; it's the cost of replacing it! So if it is within your means, buy one because even if you own it for a few months or a few years...the experience is truly worthy of a bucket list entry. Pros: Power, handling, looks Cons: Stereo/navigation

13 Years old, 81000 miles

Most fun in a car in years. Just starting the car will make you smile. Owned for 1 year and zero problems. No need to downshift from 6th gear, the faster you go the more planted the car feels. And my car is the base model Carrera ! Add to your Bucket list.

Extremely dependable

Over 90,000 miles and has always started and run for me. Very quick and handles great. 20 miles per gallon in the city. Many compliments even after 13 years old.