1989 Porsche 944 Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 5 reviews

great buy

by from Atlanta, GA on March 22, 2011

Classic sports car design ...no.better looking 22 year old car available ..handles like a dream ...... parts ain't cheap but I now have a fond respect for Dr Porsche. I love this car.

Overlooked sweet machine

by from Connecticut on September 5, 2011

I've enjoyed 911s, BMWs, lots of sport cars but my 1986 944 Turbo is the best. 25 years of dependable service just turn 275K- miles and still a PCA concourse winner. Get a set of extra wheels and snow tires for the winter. I do all my own service except wheel bearings. Rebuild engine while it remains in the car.

Extremely dependable and fun to drive

by from Richmond, VA on July 22, 2010

The third generation 944 is quite refined. There are still a decent number of these survivors running around in good shape or excellent shape. I picked mine up to be a weekend fun car and it has turned into almost a daily driver. I drive it at least 3 days a week to work. A lot of fun to drive and surprisingly reliable. I thouight it would be a money pit to keep on the road but I've only had to repair cosmetic issues and items that fail due to time and mileage. No complaints.

More reliable than you would imagine

by from San Francisco, CA on February 21, 2013

My first Porsche. It's 50-50 weight balance is THAT much fun to drive! For the price you pay now, you are getting a lot of technology that are on top level sports sedans and sports cars of today, even. So they are a bargain! Repair isn't a whole lot more than for most Japanese family cars. The PCA is a great reference.

1989 944 Turbo S

by from Boston, MA on August 28, 2013

I have wanted a 944 since the mid 80s when the came out. Back then they were one of the most expensive sports cars on the road and I honestly couldn't afford one while still in high school. But now I own 2. I have a 1984 944na and a 1989 944 turbo S. Saying they are fun to drive is an understatement..! The cars handle like a dream. For raw power, the turbo is the way to go. The bodies hold up great as far as rust and rot. I love my 944s and drive them daily. There is a large following for these cars and forums available for help and parts. The only negitive thing I will say is, they are VERY expensive as far as parts and you can be sure they will always need something. But once you guy one, you will never want to part with it.