2000 Boxster

2000 Porsche Boxster

2000 Porsche Boxster

Have You Driven the 2000 Porsche Boxster?

Fun Roadster and true sports car

by Cadet from on Tue Jun 15 2010

Great handling in the true sports car roadster tradition. I have the base Boxster and it has plenty of power for fun driving. I buy the best top and wheel rim care products to keep the top (including the plexi-glass window) like new as long as possible (it still looks great after 10 years). Porsche dealer maint. is awfully high priced, so find a local guy to do the easy stuff like brakes, oil changes etc. Join the internet discussion groups for lots of $ saving tips. I just love to drive the twisties in this car; it makes driving fun. Actually, I could have afforded a 911 (986) but prefer to worry less about $ and be more liberal in my use of the car.

Great Sports Car, As Expected From a Porsche

by Zenith2000s from Colorado on Wed Jul 16 2008

I've driven my 2000 Boxster S with great pleasure for over 3 years now. It's truely everything a sports car (and Porsche) should be, fast, responsive, communicative, beautiful and completely satisfying to drive. It's also expensive in parts and labor. It has several little plastic plugs and fasteners that are constantly falling off or breaking off. It has some suspension joints that are notorious for wearing out making noise. Rear tires wear out very quickly. This car isn't without flaws, but it is perfect for a 3rd car that doesn't need to be used daily, which could get expensive.

Most Fun Car I've Ever Driven

by No More Harley from Seattle, WA on Thu Sep 02 2010

Change is good right? I never thought I'd ever trade my Harley for a sports car, but...no regrets. This car is so fast and fun, I've never experienced anything like it. It's comfortable, and handles excellent in the curves. I bought it from someone who kept it garaged and covered, so its pristine. I test drove a BMW Z4, and it didn't even compare to the Boxster. If you are in the market, buy one. You won't be able to get the smile off your face.

Great car for the cash.

by Monkey from San Diego on Fri Feb 05 2016

This car is well a poor mans supercar. Mid engine, beautiful styling. I love my new to me boxter. Yes the car is a pain. Its a mini supercar. But the repairs are within range of a normal owner. Its it expensive? Yes. Would you save money by driving a for focus or toyota carolla? yes. But you dont rember the feeling of those cars. This one haunts me. I find myself driving at night on the freeway with top down and motor humming along and my thoughts and worries melt. I am glad I have mine and already see values going up on these cars...

Value for the money

by Daniel Ferreira from Danville, VA on Fri Oct 30 2009

I recently bought a 2000 boxter in Chicago, it was a blast driving it home to Danville, VA. This is the best sports car I have driven for the money. The car handles great on corners (285/30/18 rear tires). The boxster's control and speed is definately unmatched in it's price range. The 911 may be faster, but only marginally more fun for twice the price. Boxter is a bargain!

Boxster S - Best Porsche

by Weekend Racer from Lafayette, LA on Wed Mar 09 2011

I have owned numerous Porsches, 944, 944 turbo, 911, 911 turbo, and a Boxster S. Yes the turbos were faster, but the Boxster S is just more fun to drive. The convertible top is very easy to operate as are all of the other controls on the car. Another great aspect of this car is the reliablity and easy of maintanance. I have all of the service records for this car since new and it has had very few problems for an 11 year old car. The only thing major was a new water pump after 10 years. Great car, fun to drive, and very reliable. By the way the S is not slow, the major expense for the car has been new back tires.

Nostalgia Revisited

by morse from pawleys island, sc on Tue Dec 28 2010

I bought this car to relive some earlier adventures experienced in a 1956 356 Porsche I bought for $1,000 in 1966 while in the service in Oregon. It has delivered all the fun and memories as I remember them, while offering more HP, safety, performance, and yes, even style! I rented a car to pick it up, and the top down high speed 200 mile trip home took me back 44 years! As one admirer said at a rest stop, 'I always wanted a car like that!" "Me too," I said with a big grin!

Great Porsche Boxster

by MrsT from Columbus, OH on Thu Aug 31 2017

This is a great car and we hardly got to drive it. Bought it with 63K and it now has 69K miles on it. Great ride, lots of fun to drive. Well cared for.

nice fun florida car

by prosthetist from orlando, fl on Thu Feb 24 2011

if you are reading this then yes, buy it. you won`t regret the looks or amazing road handling. i`ve got 19 285 35 rear wheels and they stick. people always look. sharp and fun.

fun for the money

by boxter crazy from cameron mo on Fri Jun 27 2008

I recently bought a 2000 boxter S in Nashville, it was a blast driving it home to missouri. This is the best sports car I have Driven for the money. The car handles like it is on rails. I would definitly say that if you can get one, get one.

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Porsche Boxster

After watching the Republican National Convention, I was determined to be more inclusive, to review more cars for the common man.

I even called the manufacturers and said: "Look here, not everyone can buy luxury automobiles, fancy sport coupes and convertibles. Start shipping more affordable metal."

I have witnesses to this, my colleagues Frank Swoboda and Martha Hamilton.

I felt good, noble, upstanding. Then Porsche sent the beautiful "speed yellow" 2000 Boxster S roadster. Suddenly, my desire to reform faded like the will of a politician receiving a campaign contribution, and I understood. Seduction is a powerful thing.

My guilt didn't last long. Rationalization has a way of giving waywardness... Read More