2017 Ram 1500

Not a loyalist

by from New Hampshire on April 27, 2017

I recently moved into a 2017 Ram Sport 5.7 Crew Cab from a Silverado 1500 LTZ 2015 Extended Cab. I found myself seeking a new truck that had more ground clearance and a crew cab and more towing power. I tested all trucks within the 1500 line e.g. Ford/GMC/Chevy/Ram. I even took a look at Honda and Nissan. I found myself testing a BigHorn and a Sport and I have to say I fell in love. . When I compared the sport to the "other" truck I was considering the GMC Elevation. I actually found myself parking them side by side to compare. The Ram sits about an inch higher. The cab has much more room in the crew than the GMC not to mention the 5.7 has MUCH more power than the 5.3. I opted for the Sport 26L and Black Edition. With black pearl paint which I love when in the sun. My Silverado had some issues with pulling around 7 to 8k and had MAJOR break problems after only a few hours of towing. I legit had warped rotors and and only 5k miles on the truck. Whereas with the dodge I have towed about 2k miles not a single problem. As someone with a family 2 little ones sitting in the back of the crew cab they have plenty of room. Not to mention comfortable seating. The front seating is great with bucket seats but not over doing it not to mention the memory foam and plus cloth with leather fits nicely. I opted for the movable pedals. I'm not a short guy around 5'9 but Im glad I did it gave the seating much more versatility. The LED lights in the bed liner are also a plus. I really can't say enough about this truck. The 5.7 is a beast. Rams design is simple. The ONLY issue I really don't like the Uconnect it's slow and when I bought the truck it had the mobile connect along with Apps. Those are now gone and you have to use media to connect your phone. Uconnect appears to be somewhat useless if it doesn't offer apps. Considering Mylink through Chevy was pretty straight forward and allowed mirroring

Tradesman base work truck

by from Black River, NY on March 19, 2017

I needed something dependable as my Ford is getting up there in miles at 196,000 and repairs are becoming a monthly issue lately. I began researching another base F150, but could not find any dealers willing to bend to an out the door price of 23K taxes and everything included....close with roll up windows, but no cigar. I chose the RAM after having put in about 2 weeks of pricing research and compared to the F150, comes with many more convenience options....tow package, heated mirrors, electric windows, rear sliding glass and a locking differential. This is a base Tradesman with a couple of convenience options like the 22b and a couple of others....standard comes spray in liner.......awesome for someone that uses this actually as a truck and not just a go to vehicle. I chose a truck because I feel they are much safer transporting my 10 year old around in than a car which I consider all of them to be unsafe for two simple facts.... that your vision is inhibited by their lower to the ground heights compared to trucks and average height of impact. I have yet to put more than 400 miles as I write this and I drive conservatively so I am confident this truck will last well beyond the sheetmetal in this harsher salted road environment. I own another RAM, but it has a HEMI and is apple to oranges to this as I have done performance work to it...it had never let me down whatsoever so I know this one I can likely count on to follow in it's footsteps as a lighter duty application type vehicle I will be using it for which will be going to the jobsite with tool and occasionally transporting items as well as keeping my daughter safe which is a no brainer choice to me! Thanks Dodge for coming in at a price that is far better than Ford or Chevrolet.......I have owned all them so far........this is my second Dodge and hope to see another before I call it quits!

1000 miles of smiles

by from Uniontown on February 11, 2017

I have just over 1000 miles on my 1500 enjoyed every one .The truck is excellent in snow and mud ride is excellant.The V6 has more than enough power. So far this is the best truck I've ever owned.

Love the Ram!! Gets me thru any kind of snowfall

by from Hay river NT on March 19, 2017

I'm a dog musher , little on the short side, height of Ram is far better than the F150. Much more comfortable and live the Hemi power

The best value for a truck I have ever owned.

by from Cincinnati, OH on March 23, 2017

My third truck (1954 International and a 1985 Dodge RAM were the previous two) I enjoy the 5.37 Hemi power, the outstanding power train (over 21 MPH) and creature comforts that rival the wife's 2012 CTS Cadillac. This vehicle supersedes every expectation, although price took a little time to accept, I looked at trucks for two years, before I settled on the best value.

Tough looking truck that performs the same.

by from Topeka, KS on April 25, 2017

I ordered this regular cab truck from the factory just like I wanted it. Love the Hemi and the 8 speed automatic is awesome. It performs like a hot rod empty. Then it tows easily and the dash can be configured with trans temp gauge, trailer brake, real time mpg and more. Bench seat with fold down console gives me extra passenger room and a bucket seat like feel. Love it.

Uses car for Towing

Love our car!

by from on April 2, 2017

Never though we could afford something this nice! We searched several other dealerships and couldn't find anything this nice that was in our budget. In fact, this car is a lot nicer than a lot of the more expensive cars! Great car for the money!!

2017 RAM 1500 REBEL

by from Wharton, NJ on March 17, 2017

Love the truck. The only complaint I have is the fuel economy isn't as good as the window sticker said it would be. I average 11.5mpg when Im feeling a little aggressive and 12.5mpg when I drive like a grandma.

Base tradesman worktruck that has much to offer

by from Black River, NY on April 25, 2017

I set out looking for a Ford out the door for under 23K......I spent over 2 weeks negotiating online with dealers in the DC to Northern Va. and Baltimore area as they seemed to be the best priced. I could not get anyone to break the barrier so I went looking in the same areas for Dodge, quick I found one and it had way more to offer for less money. Taxes, title tags everything under 23K and it came with much more than what I would have gotten with Ford or Chevy, which ran a slight bit higher than base Fords. I am absolutely happy with the Dodge, it has awesome power for a V6 and the 8 speed transmission is incredibly smooth and delivers torque much better than the 04 Hemi I still have. I have owned all 3 truck brands new, but this Dodge is the best value for the dollar hands down in this price range and what I was searching for without a doubt! I drove from upstate NY to get this truck deal in Northern Va. at Dulles Dodge from Ray Hartley, none better.......no pressure and no attempts at up selling. I was impressed with how well he stayed on point and no usual dealership games as I have experienced in the past elsewhere.

Love my truck

by from Whitelaw on March 6, 2017

Love everything about my truck the power the comfort , highly recommend. I love the way it handles on the roads

Our Expert Review: 2017 Ram 1500