2017 2500

2017 RAM 2500

Have You Driven the 2017 RAM 2500?

GREAT TRUCK!

by Drbigdaddy from on Sun Jun 25 2017

Love this truck! TRUE RAM styling and performance. Awesome to drive, but it's a tank! Large in every way, but that's what trucks are for!

RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins

by SAM from Shelby on Mon Apr 03 2017

Great truck at a great price and best of all it has a Cummins. A very good truck at a much better price than the competitions heavy duty trucks.

Worst truck I have ever owned

by JustinEmbrey from Mechanicsville, VA on Thu May 24 2018

This is the worst truck i have ever owned. I bought this 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon brand new and it has been a problem since it was a month old. It has been in the shop 9 times in barely a year with the tenth time being right now. Truck slammed itself into 4 wheel drive at 65mph. Eltronic Valve Body apparently went bad and they expect me to believe it didnt do any damage to the tranny or transfer case... Sure it didn't. I have been a Ram over for 13 years and this is the worst product I have ever seen them bring to market. Not to mention the paint chips off if you look at it the wrong way. I have filed a lemon law claim on the vehice at this point. Dealership is doing nothing to prove to me that there is no additional damage. For a $50+K truck this is ridiculous!!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Powerful at a good price

by AmmoAndy from Boise Id on Tue Jul 25 2017

Although the tradesman is a basic model without all of the bells and whistles that a Big Horn or higher end model might deliver, it has everything one needs to haul or tow with. Diesel engine provides great towing power with a style that is hard to beat at prices below those of competitors vehicles and teh Cummmins engine is proven to be able to operate well into the 300,000 miles range with little to no problems.

Ram 2500

by Mike from Eugene, OR on Thu Apr 13 2017

Great truck for the price! Has everything needed for a first time truck owner. Diesel is the way to go. The tradesman trim with off road package is what sold me.

Pretty Big, Pretty Bad

by deewaltguy on Wed Aug 02 2017

I've owned several Ram trucks in succession, but they were all 1500s. I needed a beefier truck to tow a travel trailer. The 2500 handles more like a locomotive, but in a good way. It tows the trailer with aplomb. I bought the 6.4 as we didn't really need the diesel, and we are very satisfied with it. It tows strong and brakes confidently.

Gets the job done

by brooks from Houston on Tue Sep 05 2017

2017 Ram Diesel megacab laramie. Great value and lots of room in mega cab. Cummins gets 17 mpg average when not towing and has plenty of power when towing.

Uses car for Towing

The best vehicle for towing

by KurtRam from Sussex on Tue Mar 14 2017

The nicest vehicle I have owned so far. This is a real truck with great options and power to spare.

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel

by 15 Year Ram Loyalist from Houston, TX on Sun Oct 08 2017

This is my 4th Ram Pickup. I've owned a 2002 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x2 gas 4.7L, 2004 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x2 gas 5.7L, 2007 1500 SLT Mega Cab 4x4 gas 5.7L and now this one - 2017 2500 Laramie Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 diesel 6.7L. SO MANY improvements over the previous other year models! But I've also upgraded in every area (trim, engine, options) on the 2017 as you can see, and it's 10 years newer. I'm absolutely satisfied with this truck! I love that it sits up higher straight from the factory (granted it's a 4x4 diesel on a 3/4 ton chassis). The Light Frost Beige / Canyon Brown combo interior color configuration w/ filigree is the most gorgeous interior I've seen on a truck, or in any vehicle for that matter. GM and Ford with comparable trim packages just look bland in comparison. For what I was willing to pay, the others just didn't do it for me. I'm floored by the interior features with the UConnect. You can program vehicle functions like you can a Smartphone. Amazing! Easy to use w/ well thought out ergonomics. It also has tons of safety features. I had already decided on this truck, but as I go along in learning the programmable features, I had no idea until after I got it home. Seating comfort is far superior by far to my other models. Vehicle has plenty of power for what I needed, and I'm shocked by how quiet the Cummins diesel is. Transmission shifts flawlessly. A lot less sway in turns - it feels more sturdy and precise, especially for a big truck. I knew I was set on purchasing a 2500 this time around, and since Dodge changed NOTHING (to my knowledge) on the 2500 from 2017 to 2018, this just made sense to get a 2017. I was after more torque this time around for towing a travel trailer. At 800 lb-ft, it's plenty for what I'll be towing. I considered a 3500 at one point, but realized I didn't need that amount of towing capacity, and didn't want to sacrifice some of the ride quality that you get with the 2500's exclusive 5-link rear coil suspension. On the 3500, it's a traditional rear leaf spring, which is a little harsher ride from what I've heard to accommodate the extra towing capacity. I also didn't want to have to maintain 7 tires, a little poorer gas mileage and parking would have been a tad more challenging. Additionally, the 2017 3500 has an available 900 lb-ft of torque, but it has to have the Aisin transmission and different rear end. Ram did improve/change the torque output and towing capacity on the 2018 from 2017, but that's only on the 3500. They increased the torque output by about 30 lb-ft, which put it at the top of the 'torque war' over it's competitors. But only by 5 lb-ft - Ford's is at 925 lb-ft. However, I didn't need bragging rights and that amount of torque and towing capacity. I considered a Ford F-250, but have really been partial to Dodge. All of my Ram's have been very reliable. Granted, every vehicle requires maintenance, and parts wear out over time. That's just the nature of machines and man-mad products. I LOVE the Mega Cab - perhaps the largest cab available in a full size pickup. I also loved the interior of this truck over any other, and Ram's styling is just preferable to me. I think you get more bang for the buck with a Ram personally. I don't think you can go wrong really with any of the big 3 mechanically/technologically speaking (GM, Ford & Dodge/Ram). I'm just partial to Dodge based on experience and what it offers for what I needed and was looking for. Extremely satisfied with this truck!!!

Nice Truck

by Heidi from on Sun Apr 23 2017

This truck has all the newest technology. We haven't towed anything yet but sure it will handle everything just fine. I can't get my husband out of it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8