2018 3500

2018 RAM 3500

2018 RAM 3500

Have You Driven the 2018 RAM 3500?

Used to be a Ford guy

by ccchatterton from Texas on Mon Jun 18 2018

Love the Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Edition. Black with brown leather interior. Just pulled our 41? RV 2300 miles in 9 days and I have nothing negative to say. Love it.

Comfortable

by Mary from Currituck on Wed Feb 14 2018

This is our 2nd Dodge 3500. Our 1st one is a 2005 and is still running. They are both diesels. The 2018 is a Mega Cab vs Crew Cab. Love the extra room for traveling, yet it has the strength to tow a heavy load. (20,000 lbs)

This is the best diesel pickup truck that I own.

by Captain DD from Salcha, Alaska on Sat May 05 2018

My truck is a Tradesman Crew cab with 6.7 Cummins diesel and with auto trans 4:10 gears. 18 miles per gallon with no load and 11 miles per gallon while towing 14000 trailer in the mountains.

Uses car for Towing

It is a standard transmission

by RV-Slidein from orillia Ontario on Fri Feb 16 2018

It isn't jumpy on the takeoff. The standard transmission is easy to find and shift. My wife finds the clutch not too heavy. The 3.73 axle is is a good balance between high speed on the highway and maximum towing. This axle allows the highway driving to quiet yet have a respectable towing ability.The four wheel drive shifting is easy from the cab. No hubs required. Ask me again after ten years, if the love still remains. This truck is the only standard under a class 6 truck. Thank you.

2018 3500 RAM used to tow fifth wheel

by Mel from Leesburg GA on Mon Nov 19 2018

RAM trucks do the best at everything. This is my third RAM. I had a 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. It was never a problem. I still have my 2500 diesel which is very strong at anything. Now I have a 3500 SRW which is awesome too.

Uses car for Towing

going to give Dodge a try

by T4 from Midland Texas on Sat Jun 02 2018

Decide to try the Ram. Have had Fords my whole time driving. The aluminum body was not for me. So far like the Ram. Fuel mileage seem to be a little better then my last truck

So far so good.

by Seven5seven from British Columbia Canada on Fri May 18 2018

I haven't own 3500 before. So I can't really compare this truck. My previous was 1500 Ecodiesel. It was quite good pickup just couldn't handle our 4000lb cargo trailer over mountain passes. The 3.0l Ecodiesel engine was sweating a bit. My new Ram 3500 Cummins won't even notice our trailer. If I compare those two trucks I miss way sharper brakes and comfortable suspension from 1500. 3500 will shake the hell out of you. It's understandable because 3500 is built for heavy loads and work. That would be the reason for bumpy ride. Overall I like it. Hopefully it will last.

Pretty nice truck

by Taterpig from Montana on Wed Jul 03 2019

We shopped hard for a truck. It was between the Chevy LTZ Duramax dually and the Ram Mega cab Cummins Laramie dually. I don't think you can go wrong either way. We opted for the Ram because of the short box. In my opinion you can't go wrong with the Cummins. I like that it came equipped with the gooseneck prep. package, this is a nice option. A B&W hitch is 650 installed, the Ram ball and safety hooks are only 200. The additional option on the truck was 300. So, saved 150 on the deal. The interior is good not great, more leather and less plastic would really enhance the truck. The bucket seats are not as comfortable as the Chevy, after 3 hours I'm ready to get out and stretch. The Alpine sound system is a good stock system, of course never as good as after market. Hooking up your smartphone to the on board system is easy, no need to pay the extra 300 for navigation. It is easily accessible from your phone. This truck has a Aisin transmission which I wanted for towing, it is very different from the 68rfe and takes a little getting use to. If you are not planning on pulling heavy loads I would go with the 68rfe because it is a bit smoother and cheaper to service. Either way, change the transmission fluid and filter when recommended, it will save you money big time down the road. Also, unless you plan to pull a lot, go for the 3.42 rear end gearing. The 4.10 really kicks you back in the seat but fuel mileage suffers. This is my 3rd Dodge truck. They are awesome until.... about 60,000. Plan to put about 1500 to 2000 a year into them as they creep up in mileage. However, the repair cost are much cheaper then either Chevy or Ford. Last two things, get the extended warranty in my opinion it will pay for itself. And, shop, shop, shop, if you by at the end of a model year the dealerships are more motivated to deal. We saved 12000.

Best Value for my towing needs

by mhawRam3500 from Massillon, OH on Tue Nov 13 2018

The RAM 3500 Limited offered me the best towing for my fifth wheel. My truck as equipped is capable of towing over 17,000 lbs, our fifth wheel weighs in at just over 11,000 fully loaded- tows it like it's not there! Very comfortable interior, heated/vented seats, nice UConnect w/Apple Carplay - very comfortable ride, towing or not towing.

NEEDED SERVICE

by lsrock from Newalla, OK on Tue Feb 12 2019

The Cummins engine is the only way to go. Although we only had the truck 2 days (with 47 miles on the odometer) and it needed to be serviced, we love the vehicle and understand that these things can arise with newer diesel models. However, the service department needs to step up their customer service. Waited too long at the dealership for a rental car.

1 2 3 4 5 6