2020 RAM 3500 consumer reviews

side view of 2020 3500 RAM
Explore the 2020 RAM 3500
Shop the 2020 RAM 3500
2.3

Bought brand new. Ran for 2 weeks.

Bought brand new. Ran 2 weeks. Truck sat in Chrysler’s garage for 4 months. Had to buy a second truck in order to make $ to pay for 2020 truck. Opened lemon law case that took forever. Paid thousands for a truck that ran for 2 weeks. Thanks for taking care of your customer, Chrysler.

3.0

6500 miles broken drive line

Only 6500 miles equals a few takes of gas 1 oil change and a broken drive line. Really? I have not even towed or pulled anything, this is just daily driving. Really Ram, the top of the line product your selling for $65,000 breaks under no stress situations? Ya sure it's under warranty, however. In my mind I am now nervous to add my 5th wheel or boat to the Ram 3500. Also the auto shifting seems off way off, I am pretty much forced to shift with manual shifting which is fine but at that point at least give me the option of manual 6 speed full time. Another weird inconvenience is there are no radio controls on the steering wheel and with a keyless remote I kind of expect that the truck should just unlock as I approach, which it does not. Truck looks great but I would prefer a better quality and thought out function. In general I love the Ram and have owned several.

1.0

Worst truck and Service I have ever felt with

This truck is nothing but problems! Stay away from Ram. I have owned my ram 3500 for 6 moths now. I have had 6 tire pressure sensors put in and now going on the 4th radio. Not to mention I took it to the dealer due to low coolant light and they said it was fine. Drove the truck 1600 MILES away from home and the light came on again. I took the truck to the Ram dealer in Missoula,MT where they replaced the radiator. Now three months down the road another dealer tells me the dealer in Missoula,MT forgot to put parts on my truck. Chrysler and the dealership then states they will not cover their mistake and charges me $1100 due to the clutch fan going bad. Now the turbo actuator is going bad. Here we go $2550 more to repair it. Please help yourself and stay away from Rams problems! Chrysler will not help you when there is a problem. The truck might as well have no warranty. Never again will I buy a Ram.

3.0

Don’t buy a 2020 diesel, lift pumps are bad

No diesel on 2020 ram, lift pumps are bad , all of them. Been I shop 8 times for the same thing. Not good. Ram does not now what to do

Top of the food chain

If Chuck Norris was a tuck he would be a 3500 dually limited night edition. I feel like Chuck Norris driving it! I can't even feel my 42ft toy hauler on it. Almost forgot is was back there!

4.3

I’m getting concerned.

4th HD Ram truck. This one an 84K Longhorn Edition long bed. Tire pressure sensors out three times requiring replacement, Shifter getting stuck in park after idling in traffic conditions requiring an Engine restart. Driver side heat not functioning. I have 3000 miles on the truck. Not a good start. I always expect some level of debugging, but 5 in the first 4 months before the first oil change is excessive since each repair at the dealer is a complete day out of my life. Come on Ram, you’ve been building Trucks a long time. You should be better.

1.0

Average less than 3000 miles per trip to dealershi

This thing is a nightmare. Screen didn’t work when I got it three trips back to the dealership later . Couldn’t turn engine off had to go in again . Now it beeps constantly (trailer attached trailer not attached )messages when you tow anything. Service lights come on and off for no reason . Now engine light is on . again has to go in again . With less than 15000 miles . You will average less than 3000 miles per trip to the dealership.

1.9

446 miles.brand new truck. Dead on the road.

Car is pretty. Comfortable. Dead on road at 446 miles. Have been sitting at dealership for 3 hours after having it towed in. Very disappointed. And mad. They offer a CAR as a loaner for a 1 ton dually!

1.9

Unsafe Vehicle from company w/NO customer service

this is our 2nd ram, first was a 2500 that spent most of its life in and out of the service bay. finally hired an attorney and dodge lost, so they bought it back. upgraded to a 3500 dually longhorn ( 87,000) 3000 miles in the power steering goes out on hwy while towing our livestock. we were stranded for 3 days while they "fixed" it. 1 hr after picking it up the steering went out again. The truck has been in the shop for 3 wks, multiple calls to FCA with no replies. We just get lied to. I have learned my lesson two times.

2.1

2020 RAM Laramie 4X4 3500 Dually Electronic Mess

We are now five months into owning our brand new RAM 3500 Dually purchased on June 30, 2020 for approximately $77K. We are also five months into experiencing continuous and persistent electronic problems which render this vehicle unsafe to drive on the road. The following list of problems started within three days of purchase. 1) Turn signals that don’t blink, 2) windshield wiper that won’t wipe, 3) trailer brakes that won’t brake our 16000+ pound 5th wheel trailer, and 4) rear parking sensors that won’t sense anything behind the truck when backing up. This truck has been back to the selling dealership twice (96 miles one way). The last visit to this dealership kept the truck in their service department for 21 continuous days. This truck has also been to our local servicing dealership six times for one to three day visits. As I write this review, our truck has been at the local CDJR dealership for the past 29 consecutive days and counting. The local CDJR servicing dealership is working with FCA/RAM on an open “STAR Case” trying to figure out what’s wrong. Over the course of four months, the two dealerships have replaced the ABS control module, Hydraulic Control unit and Multifunction switch. We are now waiting for another backordered part (Body Control Module) to arrive so we can see if it fixes these problems. I receive a sympathetic ear from FCA Customer Care representatives, but that’s about it. I have received no replies to my five letters (so far) or even an acknowledgment that they have been received. One “case manager” even suggested that I file for arbitration. At this point I’m embarrassed about buying this truck. I bought a crappy truck from a lousy company…. Anyone else having a similar experience?