2000 Saab 9-3 consumer reviews

$26,100–$37,995 MSRP range
side view of 2000 9-3 Saab
Explore the 2000 Saab 9-3

Enjoyable Ownership

Owned for 14 years. Very reliable. Driven from Georgia to Colorado numerous times. Reasonable mpg and extremely comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to make a cross country trip in it today.

4.1

Fun to drive with lots of space and can upgrade th

Saab's are long lasting provided you can do the little stuff and keep up with the maintenance. very few were imported into the US and if you want afordable fun and power one cannot beat a Viggen.

Put 325,000 on this baby and she was still running

Great gas mileage, fun to drive, turbo charged, minimal repairs. I had the 5 door hatchback. Best, most reliable car I ever owned. Bring back Swedish made Saab!

this one # 4

Have had 4 of them including this convertible bought used with 100k last owner unbelviable how well taken care of for a 14 y/o car. Just wish it had alittle more HP right now working on figuring out a way to boost that. Handles well. Wife was never a fan but after a snow storm in 2012 dove through like nothing with snows installed now she if a convinced believer. We all heard the Boo-Hoo Saab stories but just maintain and they take care of you. own a 78 99 series 83 900 97 900s conv, and now a 2000 9-3 conv. Love Love It!!!

3.9

Good Used Machine

Watch the problems with the electronics, Turbo & Engine operation good for 130K 3 owner car 14 years old. Good for another 50 K mi.

Fun + Practical + Sweede = One Great Car

We have owned our 9-3 since 2003 (we were the 2nd owner). I cannot recommend this car highly enough. It is quite comfortable, has super cargo capacity with rear seats folded down, and the 5 speed makes it quite quick and fun to drive everyday. Small turbo engine is both powerful and fuel efficient. I use my 2000 9-3 as my everyday driver. Really great design back from the Saab 900 days. A classic.

Well built car

Great car. Well built and solid car. 100,000 miles and still going strong. The convertible makes it enjoyable. May never go back to a hard non-retractable roof.

So fun to drive

I've had my convertible Saab 9-3 for a little over a year now and have always loved getting into it and driving. It is a really fun and responsive car to drive and the look cannot be beat for what they are selling at these days. It has had some minor problems, but what 7 year old car doesn't?

Great car--and fun

If you buy the car used like I did--then it is a great value--these depreciate quickly in the initial year--but for a $40k car that I purchased for About 1/2 that, it has been a great car with few maintenance issues, great in winter and summer, quick, fun and pretty good gas mileage too. Saabs are a little quirky--but that is part of their charm.

3.1

The Most Un-Reliable Car

We've had nothing but problems with my Saab. The brakes have to be replaced often, and due to the design, the replacement is expensive. Tires are expensive too. This would all be fine, because of the excellent handling and comfort, except it breaks down often and costs a ton to fix!! (And, I have less than 70k miles on it!)