2000 Saab 9 3

One of the best turbo's out there!

by from Indianspolis, Indiana on June 22, 2006

I've owned this 2000 9-3 SE for 3 years and can say without a doubt that this is THE BEST car I've ever had! Great power, interior is clean and holds up well, great economy but yet definately drives like a sports car. Even great in snow! Only small thing is the torque steer under hard acceleration takes a little getting used to. But definately tops!

So fun to drive

by from Vancouver, BC on October 23, 2007

I've had my convertible Saab 9-3 for a little over a year now and have always loved getting into it and driving. It is a really fun and responsive car to drive and the look cannot be beat for what they are selling at these days. It has had some minor problems, but what 7 year old car doesn't?

Great car--and fun

by from Milwaukee, WI on May 3, 2007

If you buy the car used like I did--then it is a great value--these depreciate quickly in the initial year--but for a $40k car that I purchased for About 1/2 that, it has been a great car with few maintenance issues, great in winter and summer, quick, fun and pretty good gas mileage too. Saabs are a little quirky--but that is part of their charm.

Fun + Practical + Sweede = One Great Car

by from Richmond, VA on September 30, 2011

We have owned our 9-3 since 2003 (we were the 2nd owner). I cannot recommend this car highly enough. It is quite comfortable, has super cargo capacity with rear seats folded down, and the 5 speed makes it quite quick and fun to drive everyday. Small turbo engine is both powerful and fuel efficient. I use my 2000 9-3 as my everyday driver. Really great design back from the Saab 900 days. A classic.

Good Used Machine

by from Fredericksburg on May 1, 2014

Watch the problems with the electronics, Turbo & Engine operation good for 130K 3 owner car 14 years old. Good for another 50 K mi.

this one # 4

by from Pittsfield Ma on May 28, 2014

Have had 4 of them including this convertible bought used with 100k last owner unbelviable how well taken care of for a 14 y/o car. Just wish it had alittle more HP right now working on figuring out a way to boost that. Handles well. Wife was never a fan but after a snow storm in 2012 dove through like nothing with snows installed now she if a convinced believer. We all heard the Boo-Hoo Saab stories but just maintain and they take care of you. own a 78 99 series 83 900 97 900s conv, and now a 2000 9-3 conv. Love Love It!!!

The Most Un-Reliable Car

by from Greenville, SC on March 27, 2007

We've had nothing but problems with my Saab. The brakes have to be replaced often, and due to the design, the replacement is expensive. Tires are expensive too. This would all be fine, because of the excellent handling and comfort, except it breaks down often and costs a ton to fix!! (And, I have less than 70k miles on it!)

Well built car

by from Plantsville, CT on September 28, 2011

Great car. Well built and solid car. 100,000 miles and still going strong. The convertible makes it enjoyable. May never go back to a hard non-retractable roof.

Put 325,000 on this baby and she was still running

by from Fond du Lac, WI on June 22, 2017

Great gas mileage, fun to drive, turbo charged, minimal repairs. I had the 5 door hatchback. Best, most reliable car I ever owned. Bring back Swedish made Saab!

Our Expert Review: 2000 Saab 9 3