2002 Saab 9 5

This car has its own spirit

by from CHARLOTTESVILLE on April 13, 2017

great, reliable, powerful car with a great exterior and interior design. Overall condition great for the mileage. I would recommend this car to everyone.

Super Awesome Car!

by from Washington D.C. Area on June 9, 2012

I own a 2002 9-5 wagon, and haven't had any issues in over 77,000 miles. The car is safe, reliable and very fun to drive. The leather and sound system add extra pleasure to driving the already sports-like car. I love driving the car and my carpool gang loves it when it's my week to drive into work. Great gas mileage for a V6. If you can pick up a used one it's well worth your money.

This car took me everywhere

by from Cleveland Ohio on November 22, 2011

I bought this car new in May, 2002. Traded it in Nov. 2011. I put 192,000 miles on it. Great car. It took me all over the country. Outstanding from a mechanical standpoint. Excellent in bad weather.It was still running great when I traded it. You could take it on a 2,000 mile trip tomorrow. It still has a lot more miles in it. It was starting to age at about 8 years, so I was replacing things. That was expensive. But with the proper maintenance and repair, this car will run for just about forever.

Saab 9.5 Aero

by from Charlotte, NC on September 24, 2010

Great Car... tremendous performance and outstanding fuel mileage to go along with it. Terrific seats both front and back... The Aero has a bit stiffer suspension than the basic 9.5, but it handles so well it's worht it.

Overall a Pleasure to own.

by from Auburn, Washington on September 13, 2010

I purchased this car after my car had been totalled in an accident. Well long story short, the other insurance company sent me a check for a good amount of money. I figure I was about to start my second year of college why not buy a car I would really enjoy; especially considering my dad had already bought two. So I found this car at the perfect time from the certified SAAB dealership in the area and bought it for 8200 out the door. All i can say about this car, is that it has been an absolute pleasure from day one. I may have bought the linear (aka the lowest trim) but the original owner got every option possible (seriously i checked). The car is comfortable, spacious, big trunk great sound system, rides well, quiet but gives you a good awareness of the road, handles great, good acceleration without having to put my foot all of the way down, decent gas mileage, good standard features, and most importanly to me, has the best visibility. (Woo go convex mirror section on the passenger side mirror lol) Overall a good car, but like most European cars, a bit tempermental if not taken care of properly. It's a car not a toy so take care of it like one and enjoy.

Most value for the money

by from NV on August 19, 2010

Smooth drive, comfortable seating, very quiet motor, reliable, safe, all the luxury for the good price.

2002 9-5 Aero

by from SF, CA on April 20, 2010

Love the car. Bought it with 100k miles, and use it as my daily driver. Comfortable, fast, handles well, reliable. What you want for a car that costs less than $10k.

2002 9-5 Aero

by from Wisconsin on January 2, 2010

The best car I have ever owned. It isn't really a sports car, or a luxury car. Handles great and performs well, while achieving decent gas mileage. I purchased used and have had some costly repairs, but still cannot find a car that comes close to value of this car. 150,000 miles and still going strong, it doesn't seem to show it's age or mileage. I have been test driving everything out there and cannot find a suitable replacement for my 9-5 Aero. I am likely buying another Saab when I feel ready.

love my car hate all of the repairs

by from Los Angeles on December 7, 2009

I love my SAAB 9.5 but from year 2 on I've had fairly major problems. Oil leak caused by a blow by ( don't ask) the dealer didn't repair it properly and it still leaks. I refill the oil each week an estimated repair on this is $2000. I may have bought a lemon. My hope was to buy this classic car and keep it for many years and now it has become so unreliable I am trading it in. Still such a pleasure to drive when it runs well, excellent handling, great sound system, beautiful and spacious. I love the heated seats. Maybe you'll have better luck.

must be a lemon

by from Columbia, Missouri on August 21, 2008

This car has left me stranded several times. I have to take my saab into the shop about every 4 months for major repairs and I rarely get out of the shop for under $1000. Thermostat, mass airflow sensor, ignition cassette, fuel gage float, headlight assembly, (+ others I can't remember) all needed to be replaced in the last 2 years. I want to love this car but I can't. Maybe bad luck.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Saab 9 5