2006 9-7X

2006 Saab 9-7X

2006 Saab 9-7X

Have You Driven the 2006 Saab 9-7X?

Best Luxury midsize SUV

by Spicy WaSaaby from Kansas City, MO on Wed Mar 23 2011

I have driven or been in just about all the midsized luxury SUV's 2008 or older and the 9-7x tops them all. First of all, I have the V8 engine and it gets better gas mileage than my previous V6 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Although it isn't a turbo like other Saab's I love the power, agility and quickness that this vehicle brings. It handles great in snow, ice, rain and mud. The interior is sleek and spacious. The built-in air compressor is in a handy compartment and seemed worthless at first but I got some good use from it as well as other extra features. The only problem I have had with this car was the common malfunction of the gas gauge and stabilitrak lights, which were covered by the factory warranty and have had no issues since being fixed. For the price and class this SUV is in, it isn't anything flashy on the streets but it still catches the eyes of others. I have been pleased with this ever since I bought it and have loved it more as time has went on. If you are thinking about buying this car, DO IT!

Very Satisfied with minor exceptions 4+/5

by Ernie from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Sep 16 2006

After considering a number of other options (Acura, Lexus, BMW, Lincoln, VW) for a more luxury SUV I'm very happy with my SAAB. Yes, it is reminiscent of a Trailblazer/Envoy but looks and feels much more refined and sporty. I have the V-8 which has nice standard features such as xenon headlamps, a moon roof, alloy wheels and displacement technology for somewhat improved fuel economy at highway speeds (also runs fine with regular unleaded!) . Wonderful to drive and no mechanical problems at all in the four months I've owned. My only complaint is the quality of the rubber exterior trim and weather stripping which seems cheap compared with the rest of the package. A great choice if one wants a familiar and comfortable vehicle with unique styling that really stands out and gets attention.

Surpise Vehicle of the Year

by ConvertedfromBMW from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Sep 01 2006

I test drove countless sport tuned suv's and this one beats them all hands down. The V8 delivers power quietly and effectively. The all wheel drive system is responsive, all the while enjoying the interior comforts of SAAB engineering. Far from a GM vehicle feel, yet supportive of US manufacturing. This ain't your daddy's old SAAB!

beefy

by fast heavy suv from az on Sun Dec 17 2006

solid turns on a dime lots of power i really like this car the ride can be a bit rough on bad roads i drove the volvo and mercedes and this car is for me a better car

50,000K and going

by 50K and going from Austin, Texas on Sun Apr 06 2008

Turned over 50K-still going strong. Minor warranty issues have appeared but the dealer is quick to correct-not an off-road vehicle. Sporty handling, quick response and towing capabilities (up to 6,500 lbs) make this Sport SUV suprisingly unique even though it shares the trailvoy platform. Thumbs Up

Great ride

by Chags from Raleigh, NC on Thu Jan 17 2008

The 25k miles have been pretty good! We've had no problems and enjoyed the 9-7x especially on road trips. I had a BMW X5 v8 prior to this so I've been able to compare the two. The Saab offers many more featues standard and the ability to control them, like running lights and dimmers. The entertainment options including built in XM and DVD player have been awesome for the long rides. We put on 3k miles over the holidays and it wasn't bad at all. It handles great and has amazing pickup. The only thing missing is a sports transmission.

Saab 9-7X

by kirby from Compton, CA on Sun Sep 29 2013

I got this car used and its been good to me for a month already. It handles real well but I wish they would have added better cupholders.The gas mileage is better than I thought for it being a V-8.

Most Luxurious Car I've Owned

by MT Man from Idaho on Sun Feb 08 2015

I love this car! It's a fantastic piece of machinery. I'll start with the things I love about it. #1: It's reliable and cheap to repair when needed. It's essentially a Chevy Trailblazer so parts are plentiful. #2: It has more luxuries than I've ever had. Memory seats, heated seats, adjustable pedals, the list goes on. #3: It looks dang good inside and out! (except the back, see below). #4: The ride and handling are superb for a SUV. #5: Oddly enough I love the key in the center console, go figure. Now here are the things that I don't like. #1: Transmission. The person who put in a 4 speed transmission should be punished. It's constantly hunting for gears on any amount of hill and the RPMs are always high giving very low MPG. #2: The cupholders are kind of pathetic. Nothing fits and everything flies out. Can't count the number of cups/water bottles that have gone all over the floor. The holder that pops out of the dash is pretty pathetic. #3: The rear of the car looks identical to a Trailblazer/Rainier/Envoy/etc. Saab in the front, Trailblazer in the back. Not the best mix. Overall, it's a great car that I wouldn't trade for anything.

My favorite car I have ever owned

by aperkins from Anderson, IN on Mon Jul 02 2018

The only negative I have found is lack of cup holders and that is design. Otherwise the car is great, I can haul anything with the seats up or down, have room for my young grand daughter and I can tow a small trailer to carry a mower when needed. I LOVE MY CAR

Best vehicle I ever owned!!

by CAB from Rocky Mount , NC on Wed Oct 28 2015

I love this SUV! The ride and handling are superb. I have owned for for the last eight years. We traded an SRX for it. It is far superior to that vehicle. It has never had any problems and has been extremely reliable. It is well equipped as a luxury SUV should be. It has always gotten better than the EPA mpg. We may be trading it soon only because it is ten years old. I may be keeping it anyway because I'm sure we will get nothing for it from a car dealer. It has been too good to let go for little money. If you see a used one out there, buy it. You will not be disappointed.

1 2

Our Take on the 2006 Saab 9-7X

Back in my kid-less days, purchasing a vehicle was simple. I had to find a salesperson who actually listened to me, which admittedly was a tad tricky, but from that point on it was just a matter of money. Now, with two little ones in tow, there are litanies of what might seem like trivial factors to consider.

Who would think I would actually place any emphasis on where the backseat cupholders are located? How about compartment space, so I can quickly get to any of the desperately needed necessities at a moment's notice without fishing through a pile of junk on the passenger seat? Anything at all to help keep the children happy so I can motor-meditate ... those precious moments when I am not tugged at... Read More