2008 Saturn Aura

Best car I have ever owned

by from Pensacola on September 16, 2017

The design of this car is like an high end car with a reasonable price. Gas mileage is great and very comfortable.

Good Drive

by from Lansing, MI on August 29, 2017

Smooth ride and good sound system. Only flaw is the way the air flows with the windows down. Otherwise, I wish they still made this vehicle

test driving it was very easy, very easy to get

by on August 9, 2017

I think the car is very nice smoothly driven, was well cleaned out. Very easy to drive.. low mileage.
Not Rated Reliability

Nice ride

by from Lockport Ny on September 18, 2015

I originally leased my 2008 Saturn Aura and when lease was over I was over in miles so decided to refinance it, back then i lived like 1 hour from everywhere or so and put lots of miles, now im much closer, but i have had very few issues besides having to do the usual car upkeep, oil changes tire rotate, etc though i must say the worse repairs are the front lights when they go out and i have to get them fixxed i go to my usual car repair place and its anywhere from $150-$200 i have changed both front lights twice now in the 7 years i have had this car, plus the license plat light, for a 7 year car i have low miles at just 54000 now that i live close to most places i go, I have had several new cars and this is the longest i have kept any of them, I will pay off my Aura next year and hope to keep it another 2 years, as long as it stays in good shape as it is now, If Saturn was still around they definitely would get my business again, and i would buy another Aura, or equivilant, of course new, Very reliable and good to me, my only issue, not that great in snow, but for a few pros- being the base model XE with cloth seats it has dual heated seats pwr driver, audio controls on steering wheel and was very affordable.

Easily one of the worst mistakes I have ever made.

by from Fraser, MI on February 13, 2014

I purchased my Saturn Aura XR as a certified used car from a local dealer with only 42,000 miles on it a few years back. Since that time, I have literally not been able to trust this vehicle. After one week, it failed to start and I had to get it towed to the dealer for repairs. I Found out it was an electrical issue. Then, it started to randomly display the message Service ESC almost every single time I drove it for more than 5 minutes... This was usually accompanied by a rough idle. I ended up taking it back to the dealer 3 times before this issue was "corrected." After that, some other nasty electrical problems started to show their ugly head... The least of the problems involved cracking speakers... The worst involved the entire dash going dark and/or traction control malfunctioning randomly. Again, this took several trips to the dealer before it was "corrected." The reason that I put that in quotations is because the problems still persist on an intermittent basis. Unrelated to the electrical issue are the rims and suspension. These rims are absolute junk and I have one that is so bent that it shakes the whole vehicle if I travel over 55 mph... The best part is that I have now owned this vehicle for almost 2 years and it now has 76,000 miles on it and I get to enjoy some even more major issues. As described in other forums, this vehicle can show transmission issues. Of course mine has started to show these signs for the last few months and has reached the point where it needs to be addressed! Essentially, it will randomly decide to down shift when I am coasting at around 35-40 mph. This typically causes a fairly abrupt jolt that isn't very safe or comforting. This transmission issue is nothing compared to my final problem! The final issue is that I am burning through coolant at a rate of about a gallon per week! I just had this looked at as well, and it was determined that I have a head gasket that is about to catastrophically fail. This is amazing because I have taken this car back to the dealer for all needed maintenance since I purchased it and it has been at enormous expense to me. The cost of all needed repairs at this point would be between $2,500 - $3,000 depending on who does it. Essentially, I have talked to a different dealer and agreed to basically give them the car as a trade in and to roll the negative equity into a different vehicle. I absolutely refuse to pour any more money into this joke of a vehicle... I have literally never had car trouble in my life because I am a very boring driver and I do all maintenance religiously. I find it funny that I have purchased vehicles with over 100,000 miles from private parties for as little as $500 and have never had anywhere near the issues that I have had with this GM certified vehicle that I purchased for $15,900 + tax. My dad worked for GM for 34 years and everything that I have owned has been GM, but after this I will hesitate to buy GM again.

Nice Ride

by from Debver, co on March 6, 2013

Bought the car 9/12. The car had 32,000 miles on it. It is the XE model. Booked out at $13,500, paid $11,300. Enjoy driving it a lot. But if I had a chance to do it all over again I would opt for the XR model. More options.

High End Car for Standard Car Price

by from Fort Wayne, IN on January 23, 2013

Third Saturn that we have owned. The first was a great buy and each one has been better than the last. You have to drive the Aura to "get it", this is a great car with a great look. All Saturns allow you to pile up the miles with very little maintenance cost. Very reliable and inexpensive to own. Easy to maintain.

Saturn Aura XR

by from Midtown Detroit on April 16, 2012

My only issue with this car, and I have had it almost two months now, is that the ride is bumpy. I have the XR fully loaded that is the upgraded model but I feel like I'm riding in the rodeo. Of course when the music is playing I don't notice it so much. By the way it has an excellent sound system, however that does not make up for a smooth ride.

Good all around car

by from Terre Haute,IN on March 27, 2012

We bought this car for gas mileage and were suprised at the alll around comfort and performance . We went with the 4cyl and are happy with the smooth quite ride . Couldn't be happier wit this car it had 40,ooo miles when we bought it .

Very nice car

by from Elkhart, In on October 20, 2011

The car is comfortable, quiet, & good gas mileage. There are some visability challenges for a short person (side rear view mirrors, posts between windshield and side windows, and head rests get in the way). This is the first "non-Ford" product I've ever had and I'm happy with it. Just took a long trip and it was very comfortable. Don't like that mileage is shown in whole miles - no 'tenths' of a mile. I guess it's because it's an electronic reading instead of a gauge. Would have liked at least a 3 CD player instead of a single, though.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Saturn Aura