2008 Saturn Outlook Consumer Reviews

4.1
Average based on 29 reviews

2008 Outlook

by from Virginia on February 8, 2010

Great driving car. My wife switched from a Honda Accord because we have 2 kids now and wanted more room. She didn't want to be part of the minivan crowd and a full size SUV was too big. The auto tailgate is great. The performance is comparable to the other crossovers in it's class.

awesome

by from Austin Texas on March 12, 2009

My wife and I have had the Outlook for just over a year.GREAT vehicle I drive a GMC pick-up and the Outlook will pull the boat just as good as the truck.Smooth and comfortable as they come. We should know we are both in our 50's and have had a lots of different vehicle's.The only problem that we have had is when asscelarating up in rain tires will spin. But that could be the type of tires (Yes they are new)

Great looking, terrible transmission

by from atlanta, GA on June 17, 2011

Bought the 08 Outlook XR, with every option available. Great looking car, roomy, comfortable ride, nice interior. GPS is atiquated, using a disc drive rather than a hard drive. The navigation disc spinning got so load I had to remove disc and go without navigation. Here is the problem, I have had 2 rebuilt transmissions put in the car. Luckily, the warranty on the drive train is 100,000 so it didn't cost me a penny. However, I will be selling this car before the warranty is up, knowing the problem is going to happen again. It is unfortuanate because I like everything about the car (except the lame navigation). I would not recommend this car, the transmission will end up costing you loads of money and time.

NOT SO SURE

by from STAFFORD,TX on November 10, 2008

WE BOUGHT THIS CAR 1 WEEK AGO AND IT IS ALREADY IN THE SHOP.THE TRANSMISSION FEELS LIKE IT NEVER CATCHES UP TO IT'S SELF. SLUGGIGH ON TRYING TO ACCELORATE TO PASS ON THE FRWY. HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE , IN THE CITY AVERAGING 13.MPG. ASKED ABOUT THE GAS MILEAGE WAS TOLD IT WAS A NEW CAR AND HAD TO BE BROKE IN.PEOPLE AT DEALER ARE NOT SO FRIENDLY NOW THAT WE HAVE PAID FOR THE CAR. THEY ARE ALAWAYS IN A HURRY LIKE NO TIME TO TALK BOUT OUR CONCERNS, BUT HAD NO PROBLEM TALKING TO US BEFORE THEY HAD OUR MONEY.NOT SO IMPRESSED!WITH THE QUALITY OF THE CAR OR THE SERVICE.

My favorite car ever!

by from on October 6, 2010

This car has been my favorite of all the cars I've ever owned - it's great for a family with lots of room and comfort.

Best car I've ever owned

by from N.W. of Chicago on January 9, 2012

This is a wonderful vehicle for us. We can pull our boat and with 8 passenger seating we can take as many as the boat will hold. It is a smooth ride and yet powerful with the XR package. On top of all this we took a road trip to NY State last year from the Chicago area and got 22 mpg overall traveling at 70mph most of the time with four passagers and a lot of luggage and gear. We could have done better by not running so fast, but I was impressed. I think it also has the best styling of all the GM model look alikes. The only thing is the name Outlook is kind of dumb. I don't know why Saturn brand did not get picked up when GM put it up for sale.

Excellent Used Vehicle

by from Saint-Sauveur QC Canada on July 31, 2015

I purchased this vehicle in 2011, an "End of Lease". Other that regular maintenance, only the power steering (UNDER WARRANTY) has been repaired.

good choice for the money

by from Gainesville,Fl on April 15, 2010

I have enjoyed my Saturn. At the time it was the most vehicle I could purchase for the price. Its sad that the Saturn product is no more.

same as others but less moey

by from on October 31, 2011

i love my outlook. it has all the room i have been needing. plus a lot cheaper than the arcadia and traverse. same car though

Great Vehicle

by from Albuquerque, NM on March 19, 2012

Great vehicle for the money. Drives real nice, but a little "hoggish" on the fuel consumption. Also, not as comfortable as my previous mini van...although it's a relief to finally graduate from the va...
Great vehicle for the money. Drives real nice, but a little "hoggish" on the fuel consumption. Also, not as comfortable as my previous mini van...although it's a relief to finally graduate from the van.