2008 Outlook

2008 Saturn Outlook

2008 Saturn Outlook

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2008 Saturn Outlook?

awesome

by Hook-em from Austin Texas on Thu Mar 12 2009

My wife and I have had the Outlook for just over a year.GREAT vehicle I drive a GMC pick-up and the Outlook will pull the boat just as good as the truck.Smooth and comfortable as they come. We should know we are both in our 50's and have had a lots of different vehicle's.The only problem that we have had is when asscelarating up in rain tires will spin. But that could be the type of tires (Yes they are new)

Best car I've ever owned

by Chrispy from N.W. of Chicago on Mon Jan 09 2012

This is a wonderful vehicle for us. We can pull our boat and with 8 passenger seating we can take as many as the boat will hold. It is a smooth ride and yet powerful with the XR package. On top of all this we took a road trip to NY State last year from the Chicago area and got 22 mpg overall traveling at 70mph most of the time with four passagers and a lot of luggage and gear. We could have done better by not running so fast, but I was impressed. I think it also has the best styling of all the GM model look alikes. The only thing is the name Outlook is kind of dumb. I don't know why Saturn brand did not get picked up when GM put it up for sale.

good choice for the money

by kg from Gainesville,Fl on Thu Apr 15 2010

I have enjoyed my Saturn. At the time it was the most vehicle I could purchase for the price. Its sad that the Saturn product is no more.

Great Vehicle

by Saturn Owner from Albuquerque, NM on Mon Mar 19 2012

Great vehicle for the money. Drives real nice, but a little "hoggish" on the fuel consumption. Also, not as comfortable as my previous mini van...although it's a relief to finally graduate from the van.

Family Space Shuttle

by RADggs on Sat Jul 29 2017

Two years ago my search of the auto market showed that the Saturn Outlook had no love, meaning high depreciation, and a majority of current owners loving their purchase. The best deals were on '08-'09 FWD. I hunted XRs and found a loaded XR; roof, DVD, + with 56k miles. To date 30k miles later I've had to add $500 for maintenance; battery, brakes, control rod, and H20 pump. I do my own service. H20 pump can cost $700 @ a dealership. This car has plenty of room for my 6foot + family. Ride is a little cloud like when fully loaded at highway speed, but the passengers seem to like that. 275 HP keeps you motorvated, and expect good mpg, 17 in the mountains 24 in the flats. Change your oil!

Love this vehicle!

by Saturn fan from RI on Mon Apr 28 2014

I have only had this vehicle about 5 weeks, but so far so good. This truck rides real nice, like new, not six years old. (It's a 2008) Love the seating for eight. The gas mileage is pretty good for such a large vehicle. Have only one issue that the dealer is going to have to fix. The CD player will not play a CD, although the radio works. I did like the radio better in my 2002 Impala that I traded in... This is the only issue. This truck is very easy to drive, visibility is surprisingly good while backing up etc. Hopefully we'll have the kind of experience we've had with our other car, a Saturn SL 2 with 265,000 miles on it.

Love it!

by Miss Meliss from Rhode Island on Tue Aug 06 2013

Ive owned my 2008 XR for almost a year now absolutely love it the luxury size and power would definitely recommend!

Best car I've owned!

by MichelleT from McHenry, IL on Sun Jul 16 2017

This is a great family car! Same body as the GMC Acadia but it was much less expensive to buy used because they stopped making them. Lots of room for our family, friends & moving things around in. Love the comfort & reliability. Sits up high, rough & rugged but lots of amenities & comfort!

Outlook delivers

by KBauder from on Mon May 29 2017

Everything we wanted in an SUV. Only negative is gas mileage but not terrible given size of vehicle.

Buyer Beware

by Rebecca from Hatton, ND on Sun Jul 29 2018

I browsed Cars.com for 2 years looking for the right car for our growing family. We own a 2003 Saturn ION that we love so we decided to stay in the Saturn family and look for an Outlook. We found a 2008 Saturn Outlook from a small dealer in the Twin Cities, MN area. Test drove perfectly, made an appointment with our local mechanic here in ND and drove it home. This was February 16, 2016. Twenty-Four hours later (before mechanics appointment) I drove it to a party 10 minuets from my home and after the party I got into it and it wouldn't start at first. Next day we took it to the mechanic and learned that the alternator, battery, tires and breaks all needed to be replaced, We did this and it ran smoothly until November 2017. I am a mother of 4, my husband is a disabled war Veteran, we are on a very tight budget and I do not drive my cars hard, I need them to last so I take very very good care of them. Winters in ND are cold, right before Thanksgiving I went to start the Outlook and it wouldn't start. Had it towed to a local mechanic and the timing chain was gone. since we are not well-to-do people we had to wait for tax season so it sat till February 2018. Again, fixed, ran smoothly until May 2018 when the transmission went. So right now I have a car sitting in my garage that I can not drive but still have to make payments on. Its a beautiful car, nice interior, very comfortable, nice smooth drive but a piece of crap under the hood.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4