2009 Outlook

2009 Saturn Outlook

2009 Saturn Outlook

4.3

Have You Driven the 2009 Saturn Outlook?

Great All Around Vehicle

by ginterjo from Waterford, MI on Tue Feb 22 2011

Bought a 2010 Saturn Outlook. Saturn made some in 2010 till about March. I love the interior and exterior styling. Very comfortable and smooth drive. I have the seven passenger vehilce with black leather seating. Very comfortable and rich looking. All of the GM Lambda vehicles (Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, Outlook) had an improvement in the engine acceleration that came out early 2009. Earlier engines had a slight lag when you hit the acceleration. This 2010 drives beautifully. Love the Cocoa color. Plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time. Best bang for your buck compared to the other lambda vehicles.

Good value for the price

by Dukephx4 from Greenville, NC on Thu Feb 03 2011

My only regret is in purchasing the XE instead of the XR. Only because we found such a good deal on a 2009 when we were looking at 2007's. I'm missing the creature comforts and luxury. The cloth interior is terrible, and in the light gray (like we have), it shows every little speck of dirt and water stains from drops from a water bottle. Other than that, we love it. The engine gives it enough pep to pass nearly anyone and getting on a freeway entrance ramp a breeze. The transmission is touchy and jerky and takes some getting used to, at first it feels like your shifting a standard. The back seat is roomy enough for my 6'6'' husband, and the space behind the 3rd row holds an impressive amount of groceries - although you will definitely need a cargo net unless you like all your belongings falling out on the driveway when you get home!

Sharp vehicle!

by JG Outlook from Atlanta GA on Mon May 03 2010

Switching from a Town & Country minivan, I really miss the extra room as Chrysler had storage all over the place and GM seems to have wasted perfect places to add storage but did not. But this ain't no minivan! Great vehicle though. EPA MPG is a crock as is the case on ALL vehicles. Averaging about 19MPG but I drive too fast. Spunky engine, great horsepower. Worried about the sunroof cover NOT blocking UV rays as it is fabric and not solid. Woodgrain trim very nice.

LOVE THIS SUV!!! It is very classy and IMPRESSIVE

by Ashley from Logan,WV on Sun Feb 27 2011

My husband and I just bought this suv! We love it! I have three children 5,4, and 2. I put the older ones in the back and the baby(2) rides in the middle. I am really impressed! This is the nicest, best, classiest SUV I have ever had! If you buy one, you WON"T REGRET it!!! We have an 2008 the cocoa exterior with the tan interior. I am just sorry Saturn stop making this car!!! For my family it is what I have always dreamed of and the Acadia is nice but the reviews aren't as good with a higher price tag. This is the BESt for the $. It is everything I could want and more!!!!

Love my Saturn

by Kentucky Wildcat from Shelbyville, KY on Wed Apr 27 2011

Our XR is the first brand new car we have ever bought. We bought this car on the very day they announced they would discontinue the Saturn line. This car is super comfortable for long rides and our chocolate exterior looks great, too. I would comment on service, but 2 years in we have not had it in the shop! I can squeeze out 25 or 26 mpgs on the highway if I slow down and drive conservatively, but 22 or 23 mpg is more realistic.

Very Satisfied

by Joe from Walpole, MA on Fri Jan 29 2010

We bought this vehicle as a 2009 Saturn XE AWD with 14K on it. We love it. We went from a minivan to this. It has almost the same room for our 3 kids. It's comfortable, stylish, roomy, and appealing. I have a 2008 Lexus ES 350 but everyone wants to ride in the Outlook. My only disappointment is that Saturn is closing since I have heard that many recent Saturn Vue and Outlook owners are really happy with their vehicles. I drove this vehicle home to Walpole, Mass from Maryland and it was a very pleasant riding experience. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Great Car

by Fabio Canavaro from Ohio on Wed Jun 09 2010

Really nice car, very big, but does not feel like it. Plenty of room inside. Good visibility. Awesome interior!

Improving my Outlook

by New Saturn Owner from Sacramento, CA on Tue Feb 14 2012

I was looking for an all around vehicle for a family of 4 kids and a wife. The Saturn was my first choice and finally I found one that had nearly evcery thing I wanted. Everything except AWD and GPS. Great car with lot's of leg room and everything in it's place. It's easy to enter and exist the vehicle. Can only get 16.1 MPG so it may need a tune up. I purchased it with 79002 miles on it. The only problem I have with the Outlook is the cheap heater controls. They get stuck when you push them in and the tempature goes down to 60 because it's in a stuck position. Other than that I love everything about this car.

Too Early to tell

by No Junk Welcome from San Antonio, TX on Sat Sep 15 2012

I've had my 2009 Saturn Outlook LS for about 2 months now. We've driven about 1500 miles in cities and on highways. It's been a very nice vehicle. For as large and capacious as it is, it gets pretty good mileage. Just about what they predicted 17/24. Interior is all leather and very comfy. Wifey loves the heated psgr seat option as she gets cold with my A/C settings, even though her temp is set higher than mine. My kids love the rear seating and the DVD player. The dual zone air really takes the edge off the TX summer heat. It handles well, drives like a dream. The only complaints I have are that I'm getting an occasional, sporadic Stabilitrak warning light. I understand that it can be due to many reasons, ie; under inflated tires to too much weight in the vehicle or even a true malfunction etc. Vehicle still seems to be functioning properly though. It downshifts kind of slowly in low gears at low speeds sometimes and especially going down hill. Other than that, it is a very nice vehicle with tons of extra features that I'm still discovering.

New Purchase

by Gretchen O. from Moverhead, MN on Tue Dec 11 2018

Although this car is almost 10 years old, the exterior and interior style feel modern. I am 5'2" and often find it difficult to truly get totally comfortable in many cars. I am able to make all necessary adjustments seat and steering wheel to get it just right!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2009 Saturn Outlook

Crossover utility vehicles continue to pour onto the market, giving Americans an array of choices of these popular new family haulers.

The Saturn Outlook was introduced two years ago as one of a new family of large crossovers from General Motors Corp. that now totals four models, including the Chevrolet Traverse, which has been added for 2009.

Others in the group are the GMC Acadia, which arrived in 2007 about the same time as the Outlook, and the Buick Enclave, which made its debut for 2008.

All are built on GM’s new Lambda vehicle architecture, which originally was intended to be the basis for the next generation of GM minivans. Because minivans are stagnating in the market, the automaker chose... Read More