2009 Outlook

2009 Saturn Outlook

2009 Saturn Outlook

4.3

Have you driven the 2009 Saturn Outlook?

Great All Around Vehicle

by ginterjo from Waterford, MI on Tue Feb 22 2011

Bought a 2010 Saturn Outlook. Saturn made some in 2010 till about March. I love the interior and exterior styling. Very comfortable and smooth drive. I have the seven passenger vehilce with black leather seating. Very comfortable and rich looking. All of the GM Lambda vehicles (Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, Outlook) had an improvement in the engine acceleration that came out early 2009. Earlier engines had a slight lag when you hit the acceleration. This 2010 drives beautifully. Love the Cocoa color. Plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time. Best bang for your buck compared to the other lambda vehicles.

Outlook Vs Acadia

by Stevecat from Staten Island, NY on Mon Jun 11 2012

We were in the market for an SUV that seats 7 or 8. my wife fell in love with the GMC Acadia. We looked everywhere for a certified per own with less then 30,000 miles. One day was saw the Outlook and did a double take thinking it was an Acadia. I then began my serch for the Saturn Outlook and found one in PA. My wife at first was not into the outlook, her mind was set on the Acadia. I took her to PA to see the Outlook and she then fell in love with it. I have it for three weeks and love it. My Saturn is fully loaded with the Tri-coat paint.

Good value for the price

by Dukephx4 from Greenville, NC on Thu Feb 03 2011

My only regret is in purchasing the XE instead of the XR. Only because we found such a good deal on a 2009 when we were looking at 2007's. I'm missing the creature comforts and luxury. The cloth interior is terrible, and in the light gray (like we have), it shows every little speck of dirt and water stains from drops from a water bottle. Other than that, we love it. The engine gives it enough pep to pass nearly anyone and getting on a freeway entrance ramp a breeze. The transmission is touchy and jerky and takes some getting used to, at first it feels like your shifting a standard. The back seat is roomy enough for my 6'6'' husband, and the space behind the 3rd row holds an impressive amount of groceries - although you will definitely need a cargo net unless you like all your belongings falling out on the driveway when you get home!

Sharp vehicle!

by JG Outlook from Atlanta GA on Mon May 03 2010

Switching from a Town & Country minivan, I really miss the extra room as Chrysler had storage all over the place and GM seems to have wasted perfect places to add storage but did not. But this ain't no minivan! Great vehicle though. EPA MPG is a crock as is the case on ALL vehicles. Averaging about 19MPG but I drive too fast. Spunky engine, great horsepower. Worried about the sunroof cover NOT blocking UV rays as it is fabric and not solid. Woodgrain trim very nice.

LOVE THIS SUV!!! It is very classy and IMPRESSIVE

by Ashley from Logan,WV on Sun Feb 27 2011

My husband and I just bought this suv! We love it! I have three children 5,4, and 2. I put the older ones in the back and the baby(2) rides in the middle. I am really impressed! This is the nicest, best, classiest SUV I have ever had! If you buy one, you WON"T REGRET it!!! We have an 2008 the cocoa exterior with the tan interior. I am just sorry Saturn stop making this car!!! For my family it is what I have always dreamed of and the Acadia is nice but the reviews aren't as good with a higher price tag. This is the BESt for the $. It is everything I could want and more!!!!

Too many things going wrong

by RC from California on Tue Jul 15 2014

I have a Saturn 2009 outlook bought about a year ago with just under 20,000 miles. its been a headache. headlights are always going off, engine trouble...water pump...do i need to say more. sometimes i wish i could have purchased a different car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very Satisfied

by Joe from Walpole, MA on Fri Jan 29 2010

We bought this vehicle as a 2009 Saturn XE AWD with 14K on it. We love it. We went from a minivan to this. It has almost the same room for our 3 kids. It's comfortable, stylish, roomy, and appealing. I have a 2008 Lexus ES 350 but everyone wants to ride in the Outlook. My only disappointment is that Saturn is closing since I have heard that many recent Saturn Vue and Outlook owners are really happy with their vehicles. I drove this vehicle home to Walpole, Mass from Maryland and it was a very pleasant riding experience. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Great Car

by Fabio Canavaro from Ohio on Wed Jun 09 2010

Really nice car, very big, but does not feel like it. Plenty of room inside. Good visibility. Awesome interior!

Love my Saturn

by Kentucky Wildcat from Shelbyville, KY on Wed Apr 27 2011

Our XR is the first brand new car we have ever bought. We bought this car on the very day they announced they would discontinue the Saturn line. This car is super comfortable for long rides and our chocolate exterior looks great, too. I would comment on service, but 2 years in we have not had it in the shop! I can squeeze out 25 or 26 mpgs on the highway if I slow down and drive conservatively, but 22 or 23 mpg is more realistic.

Used but great!!

by NYRoadster80 from Winston Salem, NC on Tue May 02 2017

Dealing with Jason at East Coast Auto and Trailers in Wilmington, NC was a great pleasure. He understood my needs and wants and gave me a great deal on my new SUV. It's reliable, easy to handle and works just as good as the Acadia at a more affordable price. I would purchase another Saturn, but more importantly from Jason because he's honest and he will work with you.

1 2

Our Take on the 2009 Saturn Outlook

Crossover utility vehicles continue to pour onto the market, giving Americans an array of choices of these popular new family haulers.

The Saturn Outlook was introduced two years ago as one of a new family of large crossovers from General Motors Corp. that now totals four models, including the Chevrolet Traverse, which has been added for 2009.

Others in the group are the GMC Acadia, which arrived in 2007 about the same time as the Outlook, and the Buick Enclave, which made its debut for 2008.

All are built on GM's new Lambda vehicle architecture, which originally was intended to be the basis for the next generation of GM minivans. Because minivans are stagnating in the market, the automaker chose instead... Read More