1999 SC

3.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Outstanding experience with this car.

by Tech29er from NE Wisconsin on December 3, 2009

Bought the car used 6 years ago and now have about 111,000 miles of our own on it so far. Car has never let us down and we could not be happier with it. Just a touch of the key and it fires every time never fail. The 3rd door is very cool not to mention handy. People usually give it a double take as they didn't even know it was there until we open it. Great little car!!

Very good car for the money!

by akasnacker from Ca. on August 4, 2007

Handles good with P3000 Pirelli tires! Track control is a great option to have, you feel alot safer in the rain. The third door rules you can fit so much in the back seat with out the problem of fighting the front driver's seat I love that about this car! For the money to be saved at the gas pump & for as cheap as the price of the car is to buy it used its a Win Win go buy one today I did!

Possibly the most reliable American car ever built

by SPS Still Lives On from Stamford, CT on July 24, 2011

I've owned my SC1 coupe for 12 years and I couldn't have asked for a better value or more reliable car in all of that time. With some slight modifications, it's one of the sharpest looking cars I've seen and the styling of Saturn's late 90's SC series may be one of the best when you add a few touches here and there like alloy wheels and low profile tires. Before GM absorbed Saturn into their parts umbrella in 2003, these cars were reliable and built to compete with Honda and Toyota - hence the outstanding quality and reliability. Look no further than the fact that they were designed with a timing chain instead of a belt. The cars are also fun to drive too. When Saturn Performance Systems in Dayton, OH was still in business, they offered great performance upgrades for these cars, and when adding them, the car turned into a little beast like mine. In 12 years, the only thing that had to be fixed or replaced were: Radiator, PCV valve, crankshaft position sensor, EGR valve, serpentine belt, pulley tensioner, and a few hoses... All minor and cheap fixes. I couldn't recommend a better value if I tried.

Best car ever

by Vince the car guy from IL on April 6, 2011

Second time I have owned a Saturn and love them. They are reliable and drive very well. Starts all the time and get great mileage, GM had it right with the Saturn, this turned out to be a great car.

Saturs SC1 three doors 1999

by George from Cranbury on December 13, 2011

Extraordinary car, the better car I ever had. Manintenance inexpensive, most of the work I do myself, easy to fix. Small engine, economic, reliable. Can't believe this car is not longer available. Great !! Saturn ... my car uis 265K miles and run like a charm.

ONE OF THE GREATEST STARTER CARS

by britt from n/a on May 23, 2007

I would highlly recommend this to anyone who is just starting off and would like a reliab.e car that is GREAT on gas 40mpg on highways ( i got to 43mpg) and about 30 to 35mpg on city roads

just bought this exact car

by jay from ny, ny on November 15, 2010

I just purchased this car, i'm very excited and i hope things work out really well with it. =) SO far, so good.

Sad to see it go.

by GM Jim from Waterloo, Iowa on March 2, 2013

I just totaled my Saturn and was very sad to see it go... I got it as a gift from my then girlfriend and now wife. I only had to fix the brakes and the muffler in 3+ years of having this vechile. I will miss the great gas mileage and the way I knew everytime I went out there it would start no matter how cold it is. Air conditioner and heater were outstanding... I would totally recommend anyone who wants to get one to get it.

Perfect Starter Car

by Saturn Mourner from Nashville, TN on April 16, 2015

This was my very first car, bought it in 2012 and had it for about 3 years. ALWAYS got me from A to B. Took a few out of state trips in it and had no problems. Amazing gas mileage for a somewhat older car. Very smooth ride as well. Started having a few minor issues toward the end of owning it: Radiator fan went out, passenger side window would not roll back up (electric windows), ignition would sometimes not want to start, and the Cadillac converter went out. But for a 99 model with 176,000 miles on it, I considered these to be very minor issues. I would highly recommend this as a starter car.

Perfect First Car

by Katie from on June 19, 2014

My SC2 was my first car...and after having it, I wouldn't have wanted anything else. As a teenager, I wanted something that didn't look like Granny's old Buick. It's a nice looking car and it sounds and feels like a car. I hate these new cars that sound like little electric golf carts and you don't feel that you're moving (which is a great way to get a ticket). I never had a problem finding parts, and it was really easy to work on (especially for a 17 yr old girl). It was so much fun to drive and I could depend on it to get me to school, work, and on vacations across the state. Love the fold down seats, and for a coupe, there is SO much room for storage...more than my mom's 05 Accord sedan. I love this car so much and I really wish Saturn was still in business.

1 2