2000 SC

2000 Saturn SC

2000 Saturn SC

4.3

Have You Driven the 2000 Saturn SC?

Best Car!

by SPAZ from NJ on Mon Mar 24 2008

My first and best car I probably will ever own! I have had the privilege of driving many different vehicles and this is the most reliable one! I would never have thought that Saturn's are truly that reliable, not until I bought one. Must have the stick shift though!

My First Car

by Saturn Fan from on Wed Sep 02 2009

This is my first car that i got in late June of 2009. It is a 2000 model SC2. I got it with just over 100,000 miles and it runs great. Super clean engine. I would definetely recommend this car to any one looking for a cheap economy car/first car. It looks sporty yet runs like a family car with enough horses to be sporty, even for an inline 4. There is a bit of engine noise but that is normal. Head room is average and the seats are very comfortable. I love it.

Exactly what I wanted

by Judie from Croswell MI on Sun May 21 2017

This is the car I was looking for + low miles. It took a while, but I found it at Arko Sales in Ohio, a four hour drive for me.

2000 saturn sc2 249k

by 00SC2 from St. Catharines, Ontario on Mon Sep 29 2014

i have a saturn sc2 that is 14 years old, it runs like new and the only replacements done are the transmission and the exhaust*i bumped a curb pretty hard learning to drive manual trans*. the car is sporty, it has some zip for only 124hp. the car has been very reliable for long distance driving and city driving, stock clutch is a tad touchy but thats all about getting used to manual transmission. this car is a stellar first car and has a pretty good potential for people in the modded car scene. I would reccomend this car to anyone looking for a first car, its a crying shame they stopped making them, i'd buy one brand new if possible.

cheaper than a honda...not as good

by johnny hurryup from northest Pennsylvania on Tue Sep 18 2012

Owned three of these older Saturns...One had a cracked cyl head at only 80k miles. One went to 188k miles w/ regular minor repairs. My SC1 got me 43 mpg straight hway driving. Good cars ,but have a mechanic check it thoroughly before buying one.

Defining Mediocrity

by JohnnytheK from Wayne, PA on Fri Jun 23 2017

I purchased this vehicle almost new in 2000 for a greatly reduced price thanks to the fact that the previous owner drove it only a few hundred miles before realizing she couldn't make the modest monthly payments. The best I can say for my Saturn is that it has (barely) lasted this long. You might think that's harsh considering I'm writing this in 2017, however, I still have not put 80,000 miles on the odometer. In recent years I've had to put more and more money into the car to the point where it's not really worth it. I would say everything about it is about average, from the interior design to the handling. It's about what you'd expect from a Saturn made at this time. Perhaps my favorite feature is the 3rd door behind the driver's side door. This door can be extremely convenient for both packages and persons, especially considering this isn't the largest or most spacious vehicle for rear seat passengers. One other thing that I would compliment this Saturn on is the amount of interior space it provides for both the driver and the front seat passenger. For those sitting up front this Saturn is more like a Buick LaCrosse in terms of space and comfort. Now that Saturn has gone the way of the dodo, the other problem for a potential owner will be finding parts. Overall, time if not miles has taken its toll. Time to move on.

Does not recommend this car!!