2003 Vue

2003 Saturn Vue

2003 Saturn Vue

3.6

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2003 Saturn Vue?

6 of one, half a dozen of the other

by Simon from Louisville KY on Mon Feb 21 2011

Our Vue has a lot going for it. It's a 4 cylinder, 5-speed FWD. I've found the engine to be up to the task with decent acceleration from a stop and better than decent when accelerating above interstate cruising speed. The interior is attractive and comfortable and it can carry quite a bit with the rear seats down. The mileage, 25/30, is remarkable for a high profile vehicle. But here's the deal. Both front wheel bearings failed at 59,000. A Saturn dealer replaced them ($800). The replacements failed at 99,000 (another $650 at an independent garage) and the computer failed at 102,000 ($900 at the dealer - no choice but to use the dealer). Computers do fail, OK; but I've taken Japanese vehicles to as high as 220,000 miles without ever replacing the bearings. This was my reward for making the effort to buy American.

Watch out for the CVT

by Roadmaster from Michigan on Thu Aug 13 2009

I bought my Vue off lease. It drove extremely well until the CVT gave out at 70k miles. Thank God for extended warranties. The replacement ran $4,800 at a Saturn dealer. Stay away from the CVT!!

It's a pretty tanky car

by Kennington from Denver, CO on Tue Aug 08 2017

Bought it used with a couple issues but once they got fixed and put under scheduled maintence it ran really well with little issues over the 5 years that I've had it. Great bang for the buck too! Parts was cheap, and some what easy to install once you get to know it. Really good first car for sure.

Excellent Deal

by I love cars.com from Cheyenne, wy on Mon Oct 07 2013

I recently purchased a 2003 Saturn Vue that I found on cars.com. This website is very reliable and accurate. It married my search by price, and I found what I was looking for. I traveled 70 miles. I met my vehicle in excellent condition. It was under 70,000 miles, which is excellent for the year. Prior owned had all of the records. I am very satisfied!

It's worth the money

by CARS from Ft. Myers on Thu Jan 20 2011

Excelent car, economic, very reliable, has all you need for your family and needs, spaceous and nice design.

Excellent Reliable 3.0 AWD

by Gia on Mon Jul 16 2018

I bought this truck in 2012 and have never had an issue with it. Took it out for a nice drive to the lake tonight and she turned over the 300000 km ( 186400 miles). I have driven this truck all over the country. Doesn't burn oil, no leaks, great gas mileage and the handling is tight all around. The only thing I have had to do is recharge the AC, other than that she's been great! I see some people have not had luck with the CVT transmission on the 4 cyl models and it gives this V6 AWD model a bad rap by association. I keep regular maintenance as with any truck and expect to have her for another 100000 km.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR EVER

by Stuck w/ a 2003 VUE :( from Fishers, IN on Sun Jan 13 2008

This car is on it's 4th transmission (130K mi) and needs more work done. Since I got it in 2003 it has been to the dealership 31 times for non-maintenance work. If it was possible for something to fall off or break on this car, it did. Saturn hates me, all I do is complain about their product. What's awful is that we have a 97 coupe that is at 200K mi and runs great. The 2003 VUE is TERRIBLE!!! Pick a different year and you'll be fine.

Very Good SUV

by Diegacio from los angeles , ca on Thu Feb 02 2012

THIS IS A VERY GOOD SUV , I never had any problem , is very good on gas economy I have the 4 cylinder awd and have owned it for almost 3 years now. I put over 30k on it and still have had no problems what so ever. It has over 65k now and it's still running strong and still looks great too! It's fun to drive and very peppy."

Roomy & reliable

by Packer Nation from Green Bay on Tue Apr 17 2007

I have the 4 cylinder stick. I got a great price on it new and have enjoyed owning the car. It is fairly roomy and offers excellent front leg room (I'm 6'4"), and that was a big part of why I bought it, as well as styling and MPG. I consistently get 24-28 MPG's- not bad for a SUV. The biggest knock on it might be the power, but with a stick, I find it reasonable. 70K on it, and never have done anything but oil changes and tires (brakes have hung on this long!!)

What a Ride it's Been!

by Seedy from SoCal on Sat Apr 25 2009

Cliff's notes: This has been the best car I've ever owned! The value to features ratio is amazing! Friends who have the same size and style BWM's and MB's can'tt believe what a sweet ride this is!! Bought it new and used it to buzz around town with my Golden Retrievers and take them on wonderful trips to the mountains, deserts and beaches. They loved curling up in the back with the seat down and enjoyed the smooth ride and cool AC. I loved the whole thing but especially the great sound system and fuel mileage! We would all arrive at our destination refreshed and ready for fun. I'm 6'3" and it is so roomy in all directions!!! And I'd be dumb not to praise the fine folks at Saturn for all their great(and cheap) service on my baby. Never ever had one single problem. If you are looking for a quality little SUV, you might tie it...but you'll never beat it. At any price. Happy Motoring!

1 2 3 4 5 6