2008 Scion Tc

Most reliable car I have owned.

by from Oceanside, California on September 5, 2017

I used this car for four years to commute to college. It never gave me any mechanical issues. Best car I have owned!

Reliable Car

by from Philadelphia on August 7, 2017

Overall great car for someone who just wants it to be reliable and low cost. No frills definitely not luxurious but works for the money.

Great car to own as a first car.

by on July 29, 2017

This vehicle is a very reliable vehicle, It looks great from the outside and it is great on gas. If possible I I'd look into purchasing a Scion tC

Great runner from work to home and back!

by from Centerville, Utah on July 27, 2017

I have owned this vehicle for a few months and thank goodness the previous owners took great care of it. Gets me where I need to go with no worries! Look forward to driving it for a few more years.

The Best Iteration of the Release Series tC

by from Minneapolis, MN on June 21, 2017

Aside from the quite stylish exterior, the best feature of the 2008 Scion tC RS 4.0 is hands down the Alcantara Suede interior. It's very easy to clean and maintain, and feels soft and luxurious to the touch. I get pretty decent gas mileage out of my tC, and it's got modest enough power to let you have a little fun on the road. My only gripes with the tC is that I wish it had 6 gears (for the manual transmission). At higher speeds, the engine is literally screaming at 3000-4500 RPM. Having a 6th gear would absolutely help this car. Also, the seats could be more comfy, as there is no lumbar support or adjustment, so on longer trips, that lack of support can really do a number on your lower back.

Oil burns

by from Colorado springs on June 21, 2017

Oil burns before the oil change is due. Performed a oil consumption test and Toyota swears it is fine.. to bad another mechanic shop cant perform the test, for warranty reasons Toyota is the mechanic shop that runs the warrant test

Very reliable

by from Florida on May 31, 2017

The car is great, I use it every day as a daily and I've driven it on trips as well. It maintains very well and the exterior modifications makes me always enjoy the sight.

Fast, reliable and great on gas!

by from Dumont, NJ on May 10, 2017

Great car! This car has great pick up and is a fast little car. The Tc is great on gas mileage and has no blind spots. Really love this car!

Reliable and reasonably priced.

by from on April 19, 2017

I've owned two scion's and they have been reliable. I enjoy how customizable they are and they are reasonably priced. I currently have almost 150k on my tC and have not had any major issues.

Scion: make less, seem like more

by from Salt Lake City, UT on September 6, 2014

I am an everyday commuter (about 52 miles a day) so I spend a great deal of time in my car. PROS: looks great, incredibly reliable, and easy to change oil. CONS: The car handles along the lines of a boat with wheels, you cannot take any turn without the car tilting significantly along with it. The brakes are terrible, I have to nearly slam mine tight at every red light I come to. The seats are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable after 5-10 minutes, and there is NO HEADROOM. My biggest concern with the car was the fact that this is an 08 model with a 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION. This limits its already tiny engine to do nothing spectacular. You do not get a quick car, and you DO NOT GET GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR AN ENGINE/CAR THIS SIZE. The interior feels flimsy, with a lot of my plastic parts coming undone in several places. The cabin is incredibly noisy at highway speeds (I have found myself nearly shouting just to talk to the passenger on road trips). And lastly, the suspension is a constant reminder that you are driving something far from smooth and quite. BOTTOM LINE: While I like the idea that the car comes standard with 'cool' additional features, I feel like scion used that as an excuse to remove standard features that are crucial for any car to have.