2008 tC

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very enjoyable car!

by califTc from Sacramento, CA on July 20, 2009

I purchased my used 2008 tC a few weeks ago. I knew nothing of this car until I decided that I needed a smaller, more fuel-efficient car. I love Toyotas but I was not impressed with the Yaris, Matrix, or Corolla - I was looking for something a bit more sporty. I came across this used Scion tC at the Toyota lot and was immediately impressed with its sporty looks and value for the price. I did my research and bought it with no doubt in my mind that I made a great choice. It handles like a much more expensive sports car. The sound system is amazing. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Love it

by tc Driver from Dillsburg, PA on January 27, 2010

I bought my Scion tc 2 years ago, and I love it. I have received so many compliments on the style and color (pearl blue). It can get up and go when I want it to, and it comes with some really cool accessories like an ipod jack and double sun roof. The only downfall with the 2 door design is the back seat is pretty small and my male friends complain about having to sit in the back. It will probably not be the car of choice once I have a car seat to put in because getting to the back seat is difficult. Other than that, it's been a dream to drive, is perfect for me cruising around with the sunroof open, and gets a lot of looks. Plus it was only $18k brand new.

Possibly the best?....yes!

by White Lightning TC lover from Los Angeles on March 25, 2011

I was 23 and after going from a 89 hatchback toyota tercel, to a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, to another 1996 Isuzu rodeo.......and from car overheating, paycheck for gas, maintenance costs up the whazoo...I decided I've saved up enough money to pamper myself with a NEW car. I did tons of research and and decided the TC was for me. At first it felt too low, but after i took her home she was mine and i loved her and bathed her and put a little air freshener for her to feel welcomed. It ran great, couldn't feel the speed, did great on road trips (from LA to SF), the sunroof was great, iPod hook up was good but the already installed subwoofer?!...yay!, my dog LOVED it, hatchback was super roomy, my friends weren't cramped in the back, the mileage was awesome.....*sigh*..... Then......I got pregnant at 25 and traded my beauty for a Jeep Liberty..booo! I regret every minute of it and wish to have my white lightning back!!.....but i might just settle for the xB '08.

The Car for me

by lerchka from Pittsburgh, PA on May 2, 2012

This is the second scion tC which I have purchased, being that the first time I sat in this vehicle I felt as if it was tailored to me. The scion has a the feel of a sports car but the reliability and comfort of a sedan. It has great gas mileage as well as can satisfy the need for speed. It is very safe in all weather conditions if driven appropriately. One of my favorite features is the trunk which can become HUGE if the back seats are put down. Also, although it is a two door, there is good leg room in the back and it is mostly comfortable.

Love. It.

by Whaddup from New York, NY on February 8, 2011

I got my tc back in 2008 (new) and I still love it. It handles well and gets me where I need to go when I need to go. I also had touch screen navi put in mine so it's a sweet, sweet ride. My only nit pick is that I'm 6'0" tall so I fit perfectly in the driver seat (which you can adjust low) and that's it- everywhere else (especially the back seat) is pretty tight. Other than that, it's a keeper.

have 6k on it and still love it.

by tizz from Saint Joseph, MO on June 30, 2008

althought i didn't get all the features i wanted (opted for the spec package), I'm still in love with this car. This is by far one of the best handleing fwd cars from the factory on the road today.

the most fun to drive car performace/ quality

by Great Sport Cars from El Paso, Texas on December 22, 2010

The car has awesome response and handling...great turbo engine...gas saver yet a lot of horsepower.. the sound system is great, the double sunroof is an amazing feature..most people will say wow this is your car... nice ride...

performs as great as it looks!

by YOOO from new york, NY on May 3, 2011

great car, great on gas and highly capable of many mods. definitely saved me a lot of money on gas since i commute long distances for school. LOVE IT.

Best car I have owned

by tuner from on April 30, 2012

I love how the Scion handles and the great gas mileage it gets. The hatchback is something that I have been searching for, and that is a plus with this car. I Love this Car. It is the best car that I have owned.

Great First Car

by First Car TC from on May 27, 2014

Well, hello there! Looking for a first car? On a budget? Want great features, some nice style, and bang for your buck? Are your parents giving you trouble over power and safety? Well, if you answered yes to any of these questions, the TC is for you. I've owned the TC for about 5 years now. The 2005-2009 TC is an excellent choice for a first car. In fact, I would downright say its one of the best choices available. Scion really nailed it on this one. They packed features usually reserved for more upscale cars, like a sunroof, and put it in a very attractive entry level car with decent acceleration. Driving the TC isnt "exciting" but its certainly FUN and handles very well.Though the TC lacks in muscle, it does have good acceleration in the lower RPM's. The TC also has a 5 star safety rating. There are a few cons, but nothing to really put a dent in the purchase; - Poor gas mileage. You would think for a 4 cylinder it would save more on gas, but its pretty bad for the lack of power. - The TC's engine is rather weak, especially when you realize its actually coming from your Grandmother's Camry. But, these downsides really dont detract from the TC. Sure, there are probably some newer cars made that have better gas mileage for the same power, but its still a solid choice for a first car. I really dont see any need to trade in my TC anytime soon. I've only had 2 issues out of my 5 years of ownership (one of them was the defective rear door handle). Its a go. :)

1 2 3 4 5