Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 xA

2004 Scion xA

2004 Scion xA

Have You Driven the 2004 Scion xA?

Fun to drive

by Scion fan from Beautiful Massachusetts on Fri Jun 29 2007

I would definitely recommend the Scion Xa to a friend. It looks great on the exterior (somewhat like a funky hippo), the back seats fold down for a fair amount of cargo room, and the standard is a lot of fun to drive. The sound system is very nice and the features (a/c, auto windows etc.) make for a comfortable commute. Drawbacks are: noisy engine at high speeds, you have to take the headrests off of the backseats to fold them down, and the front seats are not very comfortable for a long drive. Oh, one major plus is excellent gas mileage. Overall, very reliable and fun to cruise around in.

I LOVE this car!

by Caffine Addict from Windsor, CA on Wed May 07 2008

The moment i drove it off the lot, i fell in love. It's really reliable, i've owned it for 4 1/2 years and it still feels like brand new every time i drive it. The only complaint i have is that i wish it had a little more horsepower. I like to drive fast and i wish i wouldn't have to push the car as much to make it go faster especially trying to merge on the freeway. Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is considering buying one.

GREAT First Car!

by ATL Scion Fan from Atlanta area, GA on Sun Jan 03 2010

This is my first car, and I have to say that it has set my expectations pretty high for future cars. I bought it used last October with only 44,000 miles on it, and I haven't had any problems with it. Aside from the expected wear-n-tear, the car still looks great on the outside AND inside, and the owner before me had put a body kit and a 6-disc CD player in it, so I definitely got my money's worth. The little thing is a gas sipper, even though I almost exclusively drive in the city - I get gas every 9 or 10 days. My only complaint is the size of the trunk, but I'll learn to deal with it. I love it to pieces, I intend to keep it until it falls to pieces, and when I do have to get rid of it I would love another Scion!

Awesome Value

by From v8 to 4 cyl. from washington D.C. on Thu Oct 29 2009

During this tough economy I had to make some sacrifices. Giving up my 04 Audi A8 with all of the bells and whisles to a Scion Xa is one of them. But to see insurance rates, gas, taxes, and maintenance fees drop Tremendously is a dream come true. I'm a v8 lover myself having owned cadillacs and audi's, but this little car trumps them all. I work in D.C. and this car just so easy to park in tight spaces. Car is 4 cylinder which i'm not a fan of, but it does it's duty to get me to and from work. Everyone thinks I downgraded my vehicle, but there's no denying the benefits to owning a little car like this. My only regret is that i didn't see this car sooner.

Excellent small car

by MAScionxA from Boston, MA on Tue Oct 10 2017

Even though the car is almost 13 years old it still runs reliably and the interior and exterior have held up well. It's small but that is certainly a pro to be as I have driven it in and around the city for years and have appreciated the size and fuel economy. I would absolutely recommend Scion to other people looking to buy a car. You get the quality of a Toyota for a lower price and a more modern style.

x a wonderful car

by Kate from Eagle, ID on Sun Aug 30 2009

Parking is a dream....slide right in. Even those little triangles on the end of the parking row...great at christmas at the mall. You will zip around without a care and once in awhile you will have to put gas in it.l

04 XA Was Best Bang For The Buck

by Always With Car Fever from Spartanburg, S.C. on Wed Jun 18 2008

I purchased it new 2004 for my daughter. I travel in Asia and knew it was based on the Echo which is popular there. We looked at all comparable price points and the Scion was the last one we tested and it won hands down. We ordered it with side impact air bags that were nearly impossible to find at this price point at the time. Standard equipment was plentiful and it is a lot of fun to drive with the most true steering that I have ever experienced. It is now 4 years old with abot 35,000 miles with no repairs to date (still original tires and battery) and it gets 35+ mile per gallon. I have purchased 14 new cars over the years and find the little xa to to be the best value of the bunch...and my daughter still loves it. I regret that I could not get my son to go with the xb a few years later.

Among the lowest cost-to-own EVER

by Synthetic from El Paso, TX on Fri Jun 09 2017

The first generation Scions, 2004-2006 xA and xB (same drive train), these cars are consistantly found on "the most reliable" cars available. Not only are they most reliable, but offer some of the best MPG (average 30 MPG) available in their price band. This results in lowest-cost-to-own, probably of any car ever produced. Adding to the economic goodness of the First Generation Scions, is a remarkable set of design features rarely found in this price band: these include ABS, airbags, sporty suspension, well balanced engine and transmission, and quality materials. We own two First Gen Scions, both over 150,000 miles, both with original exhaust systems, one with orginal starter, and both worthy of cross-country driving. Between the two cars we have had two "failures", one starter motor, and one AC-heater blower fan. On the xA we replaced front and rear suspension, probably because it had a rough life before we purchased it at 111K miles. Cosmetically the interiors are as-new, the paint (except for the dar colored xA roof) is like new. Both the xA and xB have very good utility since the rear seats, and the front seats fold down. The xB is big enough to carry home a clothes washer. Both cars make good campers. If you are looking for a safe, reliable, economical ride, that is kind of fun to drive, give these a look.

GO OUT AND BUY ONE YOU'LL LOVE IT

by JOHN ( CAR ENTHUSIAST ) from ATLANTA GA on Wed May 09 2007

SO I STARTED LOOKING FOR A CAR FOR MY LITTLE SISTER IN 2003 SHE IS IN COLLEGE AND WAS ON A BUDGET. WE FOUND THE XA TO BE A GOOD BUY. THIS CAR HAS HAD NOT ONE PROBLEM IN THE FOUR YEARS THAT SHE HAS HAD IT. IT HAS BEEN RELIABLE, FUN TO DRIVE AND IS FILLED WITH EVERY THING A COLLEGE STUDENT NEEDS AND WANTS.

Gas efficient & easy to park

by Alin from DC on Wed Nov 29 2017

This car is great for city driving and parking. It's great on MPG, which saves money on gas. Ride is comfortable, inside is spacious for people and storage.

1 2