2006 Scion xA consumer reviews

side view of 2006 xA Scion
Explore the 2006 Scion xA
Shop the 2006 Scion xA

Great little car

This is a great little car for your money. It handles really well and is a really fun drive. I loved my Scion more than any other car I have ever driven. Sadly, I was in a bad accident with my Scion recently and totaled the car. However, I hit black ice and slid into a mountain and rolled the car all the way over. Even though my Scion was too banged up to repair, I walked away without a single scratch. It protected me at one my scariest moments. What more can you ask for in a car?

3.9

good car

good car except for acceleration and when temp light is blue feels like transmission is sliping only when light is on

3.4

Nice Car, but trouble.

I loved this car when I first got it. After months of driving it to work it began having it's problems. When the engine is cool a blue light comes on, I will let warm up about ten min. Start to drive and it's running in a higher RPM when the light is on. when the light comes off it runs fine. Driving on wet roads, not great. Making a loud noise under the hood, but don't know where it is coming from. It's a good car for a student, single, or a couple. To small for a family.

"love it!"

I drive a lot for my job so I wanted an affordable, fuel-efficient vehicle. I didn't expect it to be so fun to drive! It really has a lot of power. Sometimes I look at the speedometer and can't believe how fast I'm going! I stuff tons of stuff in the car- been camping with my boyfriend and dog several times- we even fit firewood in there! Love the aux jack for my I-pod. The only thing I miss is cruise control. I've driven almost 20,000 miles in the first year and no problems or rattles.

3.6

2006 Scion/Toyota XA

For what this car is, it is a great value. Lots of options for a lower priced car. The Car was $14,400 w/pw, pl, pm, A/C, auto, and armrest. I put over 20,000 miles on mine last year and avg around 32 in mixed driving.

I love my Scion xA

I knew I wanted foreign and didn't have a lot to spend. I bought this car after shopping around for several in it's class (Hyundai and Kia). The deciding factors included gas mileage, style, is the back seat comfortable, how much can I fit in here for hauling, and can my 6'2" boyfriend fit in the front with room for passengers in the back. This car has great headroom and legroom for everyone. (We even toted his parents around in it.) The driver's seat isn't great for long trips (not very ergonomic) but I've added a pad to help that. The options on this car are terrific and cost the same before and after you buy the car. I have a 5-speed and added cruise control for long trips. It's location is a little too close to my legs but it saves my feet on our out-of-town trips. The gas mileage on this car has averaged 31-34 mpg hwy and 28-30 city. It comes with 3 free oil changes and only needs one every 5000 miles. It's great for city driving and you can park it in a shoe box. I'm in construction and have to haul things for business - it fits quite a bit inside with the seats folded down. I can't say enough about this car - it's the best I've ever owned!

Best Car I have ever owned

My husband and I purchased this car because of the price and the gas mileage - and we have been pleasantly surpised. We purchased the car in Florida and drove home to Missouri. The car was comfortable to ride in, THE GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT - any where from 35+ mpg. The only complaint we have about the car is that it does not handle well in windy weather. But other than that, we are very happy with the car and plan on keeping it until it dies!!!

4.0

Cream Puff

I?ve owned this car for almost a year now and it has grown on me. We bought this car because of the price, fuel economy and the fact that my wife thought it was so cute. I didn?t expect much out of this car from day one. After driving it for a while I have found that the acceleration is acceptable, (to quote my drivers Ed. instructor form high school, ?we are not in a race.?) I think this car proved itself to me on a trip to visit the in laws. My wife, her sister and I where on the highway and having an engaged discussion until I looked at the speedometer. We were going a little over 100mph. I was reluctant to slow down because the car was handling so nicely. I love how roomy the interior is I also love leaving the gas station with money left in my wallet. My only qualms about this car are that there is no intermittent setting for the rear wiper and that all the buttons and knobs feel a bit delicate. Over all I believe this car is perfect for people looking for affordability, a spacious interior and fuel economy.

Great Little Car

This is my 4th Toyota and my favorite of the 4. Great car for me, would make a great second vehicle for a family. I get 33 - 35 mpg city w/automatic trans. Doesn't have center console like I would want and arm rest is optional...should be standard equipment. But all things considered it works for this single again gal.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

I bought the Scion XA after having a Toyoya Echo, and I realized that it was the best decision I have ever made...