2004 xB

2004 Scion xB

2004 Scion xB

4.5

Have You Driven the 2004 Scion xB?

Scion Xb

by Rookie Modder from Grand Rapids, MI on Wed Jun 21 2006

I have had this car for 18 months now and I still have fun driving it. People still stare at it so if you want to blend in this is not the car for you. The one big issue with the inside is the lack of an armrest, it is now offered as an option and I would strongly recomend getting it. The Xb has a lot of room inside for the driver (I'm a big guy)and I can hold alot of stuff it. The paint does seem to be "thin" and chip easy. The front of my hood has a number of chips at 24,000 miles, I would recommend either a bra or 3M's RockGuard tape. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone wanting something with "personality". The Scion line is designed for people who like to "Mod" their cars and there is a lot of parts out there to do this.

420,050 miles --- Which all cars should deliver!

by Thomas Willard from Floral City, Florida on Fri Jun 09 2017

Small on the outside, very spacious interior, transmission fluid original, Michelin tires last 100,000 miles. replaced standard wear items: axles, tires, brakes, head lights, wiper blades, alternator [three times], stabilizer arms, struts, oxygen sensors, catalytic converter [twice], one coil assembly, one fuel injector, replaced water pump recently for preventive maintenance

The best car I have owned so far!

by ESALGD from Rhode Island on Tue Mar 11 2008

I bought my Xb used three years ago and have had absolutely nothing wrong with it. I bring it to the dealer for oil changes and maintenance. I used to own a VW, which had problems right and left, but the Xb has never let me down. I love the cargo space and the seats are comfortable. I continually get people, asking me what kind of car I am driving and I really don't mind the stares nor the "looks like a toaster" comments. I am very pleased with my toaster!

Great value, incredibly reliable!

by ymca dad from Delaware on Tue Nov 25 2008

I must admit it takes awhile to get used to the funky shape. That being said, this car is a Toyota thru & thru.The performance and dependabilty is outstanding! I have never had any service issues with this car at all.There is plenty of cargo space and lots of room for larger people. I'm a large man who is able to sit comfortably in the front or back seats. The versatility of these vehicles is second to none. A great value new or used.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Jacob from Nebraska on Mon Jul 25 2011

I bought a 2004 Scion xB with 32,950 miles on it. Every time I pass a teenager, he or she thumbs up. The 1.5L four struggles at higher speeds. I find the manual tranny a bit rubbery. I traded this for the new xD.

Little Big Car

by RallyxB from Rochester, NY on Mon Aug 16 2010

Straight from Japan with only a few minor modifications for the US market, this was my first new car and the most reliable vehicle I've every owned. It has all the high-tech safety features of a luxury sedan and at 77K it's still running strong and gets 30 mpg. The only drawbacks are a stiff ride and an easily scratched paint job. Aside from that, it's a very roomy, peppy car that handles well and is a lot of fun to drive!

LOVE my little 2004 Scion xB

by Red Dobermans' purple car from Central Coast, Oregon on Sat Aug 05 2017

Love this car! I have owned a lot of cars in my 70 years and this is one of the two best! It took a day to get used to the speedometer placement and now I wonder why the other vehicles have not adopted this!!! You barely have to take your eyes of the road to see the speed! Personally, I like the boxy style and the reliability of this "box" is far better than the others. I bought it used in 2010. I got rid of a 2005 VW problem and went to this 2004 wonder! Now I have almost 180k miles and only had routine maintenance like oil changes. Just did new brakes at 179500. It is a low end Toyota so the clear coat is coming off the hood now, but with the money I have saved in no repairs/shop visits, I could have the hood redone! The mileage is pretty good at 32+/28city. A fun drive also since it handles so well on the road... and in parking lots, driveways, mountains, sand, rain, lots of rain (Oregon), snow. Love it!

Most reliable comfortable car I have ever owned.

by Brad from Athens, PA on Sat Jul 08 2017

great to drive, economical to own. more comfortable and roomy than most luxury vehicles several sizes up. stable on road, great in snow and winter.

Toyota thru and thru

by Big Guy Small Car from Kellyville, Ok on Sun Oct 08 2017

The most dependable engine vvt-i! Interior space is amazing! The XB is fun to drive and handles well. Not the most powerful car ever made, but fuel mileage is amazing. About 30 miles per gallon, but I've found if you drive about 60 miles an hour on nice days and switch a/c off she will get 40mpg! Great car. Great price.

this car is fun and roomy

by wil_b_smooth from yay area...cali on Tue Oct 16 2007

i can fit anything inside for cargo. i like the inside more than the outside.i looked at everything and this car came with the most features without asking for alot of money...

1 2