2008 Scion xD consumer reviews

Explore the 2008 Scion xD
Shop the 2008 Scion xD
3.4

A lot of miles.

My 2008 xD now has over 230,000 miles on it. Today marks the second time the check engine light has come on. It was a bad ignighter, and I think it's the same problem now. Tomorrow will tell.

Great Car, Reliable, more room than you'd think.

I bought this car new in 2008 and still own it. I haven't had a single issue with it mechanically. It is made by Toyota and has a Toyota engine (same as Corolla) so it is a very reliable car. Mine is the release series, which has lowered springs and rides a bit rough, but that's to be somewhat expected in a small car. The interior is much more roomy than you'd expect. I can fit a 8 foot long 2x4's (or most 8 foot boards) in it. It literally goes from the hatch to the dash but it does fit. I added a sway bar which helped a lot. Handling is good, it's quick enough to get around in traffic, decent on gas. If you drive fast the mpg can get a little low. But under normal driving it doesn't do bad. Overall if you don't mind small cars this would be a great buy and should get you years of Toyota reliability.

4.1

my sister had it from new, now my daughters

ok on gas ( 25 to 32 ) local road some highway grocery and commuting. has 159k miles , everything works, tires are a pain . should be using 14 inch tires but 17 on a little car ???!!!!

perfect for park, drive,

super!!! I made this car 188,000 miles without any repair. I still commute to work perfect for parking in Chicago. It also has good acceleration if it is an advantage appreciated by the user. Despite its inconspicuous size, it has many positive advantages that large cars don't have...

4.0

Very reliable with normal maintenance

A good run about car, 98,000 miles changed serpentine belt, water pump, and alternators kept good maintenance, changed brakes in front 3 times only. 2 adults, 2 kids ok, poor, poor trunk space but great for 2 adults with seats laid down, groceries or travel. College grandchildren like to drive, easy to maneuver. Honda Accord gets same gas mileage 28 to 30..miss an arm rest a lot. Tire wear a problem with original tires and expensive, changed to 205’s H. Cheaper than originals. Better in snow with Michelin defenders and much better wear. Great sound system on radio.i have had this car for 8 years and 70,000 miles been to Fl 4 times ran great but would prefer a Honda Accord!!! Or crv!!! For comfort. Grand kids are arguing over who gets it when we buy another car. Ha! I would recommend it highly for a run about! Might try to drive it around heavens golf course!

Most reliable car I’ve ever owned

Awesome Car I absolutely love this car well worth the Money good gas Mileage easy to park and easy back up in spaces I Love the Color of mine.

Most reliable dependable car I have owned

This car met all of my needs. it is spacious yet compact, very economical , great gas mileage extremely comfortable ride , excellent mechanically extremely well-made. This is an awesome vehicle I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for economy reliability and dependability

4.5

A hidden treasure

I recently sold my Volkswagen Jetta and I am looking for a car that is reliable, good on gas, and affordable upkeep. Today I test drove a 2008 scion. The drive was smooth. This car is made me feel comfortable. Black slick interior and royal blue exterior gives the car a sporty feel. The gas per gallon 24 EPA MPG and general maintain is no more than 200 dollars ( of course if the car is taken car of ). A college student who needs a reliable car but something sporty and fun should consider this car. I am seriously looking into this make and model.

4.2

Scions tweak all the other details Toyota forgets

The car is nice. It has four wheels. The color is good. The doors are all shut. The ignition turned on. It also had windows that rolled down.

4.5

Safe sporty fun car!

I previously had a Scion XA that I picked up at an auto Auction! The end of April I had a near fatal accident in which I had to be cut out of the car. For hitting an embankment, being airborne, then sliding into a field the car kept us safe.