2008 xD

2008 Scion xD

2008 Scion xD

Have You Driven the 2008 Scion xD?

Great Urban Runabout

by Mosquito from St Paul on Sat Feb 26 2011

The Scion xD was our affordable option to find a small, four-door, manual transmission vehicle that's good for running errands around town. It holds five people, gets good gas mileage, is fun to drive, and fits into the tiniest of parking spaces. The interior feels roomy for a small car (I'm 6'2) and we can haul three kids in the back seat with no problem. Our only criticism is the awkward placement of the cup holders, but it's a minor flaw. Overall, we've been very pleased with the Scion.

A great car

by mr fiz from va beach va on Fri Aug 08 2008

Great gas mileage- 36 mpg on the highway on the trip home from the dealer. Surprising comfort- wish it came with heated leather and a center console woul be nice. Not every buyer is an 18 year old. Lots of cubby holes for storage. Very acceptable performance- coming out of a 325i- and I didn't miss it a bit. Runs on regular- something the BMW didn't do. Nor does the Smart Car or the MiniCooper we looked at. Would have possibly purchased a VW Beetle except for their poor reliability, poor crash test results. We didn't have to woory about those things with a Toyota.

An amazing well loved car...

by Eli-Ray from OXFORD, NY on Sun Aug 17 2008

After many hours of research looking for a vehicle with safety and economy as the two main objectives I decided to test drive the Scion XD. I was so amazed at the power and road response along with the design and room inside this car that I purchased this car. My family loves this car from the great stereo to the design. The side and curtain airbags w/ a 5 star side crash rating makes me feel better having my 2 kids and wife in the car. As far as economy, we average 40 mpg. We are very happy with this car and would recommend this car to all....I really can't believe there is not more of these on the road. We had to go out of state to find one w/ 3 Toyota dealers in the area. A great bargain for the price..

Love it!!

by First Time Buyer from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Jul 01 2010

Great little car, handles beautifully, wouldn't trade it for anything! We got the manual transmission, and it shifts easily. Will be perfect for our small little family!

Solid Car for the Money

by Former large Car Driver from Spring Hope, NC on Sat May 31 2008

I just bought this car. I thought it would be tolerable to deal with it and have great mileage. Then I drove it and fell in love with it. The car is rock solid from the engine to the exterior of the car. The engine has just enough kick to make the car interesting and keep the mileage high. I found that 65 mph the car does anywhere from 38 to 42 MPG.

The xD is a good value all around

by Dr. Tee from Clark, Missouri on Tue May 06 2008

Good value for the price. The automatic trans needs one more gear to lower the cruising speed rpm's. Gas mileage is excellent and engine power is very respectable. The stock Pioneer sound system is somewhat disappointing in delivering less than crisp, clear sound. The car needs a center arm rest and the center dash panel should be flush with the molding. I have had my vehicle 6 weeks and thoroughly enjoy it. A few upgrades on the interior and this vehicle would be a real winner.

I LOVE MY SPICY RED XD!

by Hatchbacks for Life from Long Island, NY on Mon Sep 03 2007

I've had this car for a little over two weeks now, and I LOVE IT. As soon as I walked into the Scion showroom, I was hooked. The XD is just beautiful. It's roomy in the front and the back. And while I will probably never sit in the back, I love that the back seats recline. What an unusual feature. At first glance, it doesn't have as much trunk room as the Fit, BUT once you lower the back seats and make a flat surface, you have lots of room. The XD rides very smooth, and take corners nicely. The brakes are firm and responsive. And I love the way I sit high on the seat. It took a couple of days to get used to that, but I love the way I can see the road better. It feels like I'm driving a mini SUV. The XD has lots of storage spots in the front, and the radio is great! Every other car I looked at only had an mp3 jack, but this car has a dedicated ipod jack! So I can control my ipod with the radio controls. Totally Cool. The controls are exactly in the places they need to be, and are easy to read. The seat cushions are comfortable, and the interior styling is really nice. Since Scion is made by Toyota, I have no doubt that the reliability will be great. My previous car was a 2003 VW Golf, and it gave me headaches, so having a reliable car will be a nice change. The buying experience was wonderful. Scions have "pure pricing" similiar to what Saturn does, and they was NO pressure to get added options, even though the XD comes with plenty. The price you see on the website, is the price you pay so there is no confusing haggling. I also test drove/researched the Honda Fit and the Nissan Versa, and while they are both great cars, in my opinion, the Scion XD is definitely the superior of the three. I had looked at the Fit for about three months trying to make a decision about buying it, BUT I brought the XD in just three days. Saw it on Thursday, test drove on Friday, drove it off the lot on Saturday! There is so much more good things I can say about this car, but do yourself a favor and just go see for yourself. PROS: Parking is a breeze Hidden storage compartment in trunk Excellent steering Interior styling High MPG Basic but good exterior color options CONS: 0 to 60 could be faster trunk space could be slightly larger cargo cover should be standard

Best Car I've Ever Owned In A Big City

by City Dude from Chicago, IL on Tue Mar 09 2010

I've lived in one of the nation's largest metropolises for several years now and have gone through a few cars...and I must say, the Scion xD suits my needs far better than any other vehicle I could think of. As an artist, I occasionally need to haul large, bulky items such as wood beams or bicycles or costume racks. The interior space of this little car has, astoundingly, always been enough. As a city-dweller, I need good city mileage, which the xD provides, as well as good initial pick-up to make driving from stop sign to stop sign fun, which it also comes through on. And despite its interior size, it's technically a sub-compact car, so tight parallel parking is not a problem. I love the iPod hookup that comes standard, and the sound inside is quite nice. Also - I never thought I'd be one of those people who'd use the steering-wheel audio controls, but I was wrong. Steering-wheel audio controls are awesome. I've never had a mechanical problem with it, not even in snow, and it rides high enough that I don't get stuck in snow banks by the curb after a storm. I would most definitely recommend this car to anyone who lives in a crowded city.

My First Scion

by Scion owner from Central Vermont on Tue Nov 17 2015

After months of searching for an affordable fuel - efficient vehicle I came across the 2008 Scion xD, and after a 15 minute test drive, I fell in love with this car. As a soon-to-be college student it was important to find a reliable and economical car. I purchased the car with 120K miles (which scared me at first) but it drives like a brand new car. In the past five months I have driven about 3500 miles and other than an oil change, it hasn't needed any maintenance or repairs. I consistently get between 34-36 mpg on the interstate and about 28-32 around town - a drastic change from my old Buick. It definitely isn't the most stylish looking car out there... It handles surprisingly well around corners, and it is really fun to drive. Sure there is road noise, but with the radio on I hardly notice. The A/C works well and the heat really warms the car up in very little time. It lacks a center arm rest and center storage, but there are plenty of other unique storage spaces. Also with the rear seats folded down there is plenty of cargo space. It has great rear visibility, the rear window seems much larger on the inside, but the visibility in the front is slightly obstructed by the large pillars - just have to be careful around sharp curves. The only other negative I have about my particular car is that my check engine light has been on since I purchased the vehicle and it was diagnosed as having a faulty gas cap, but after several different gas caps, including one from the dealer, the light continues to stay on. It doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem, and it does not effect the mpg or the engine. I have read many reviews about its poor handling in the snow and as a Vermonter I am slightly nervous, but I've invested in studded snow tires to help the cars handling. Overall it has treated me well so far and is an inexpensive, economical vehicle that hopefully will last for many years.

Great Value/Nice zippy car

by musiclady from NJ on Sat Aug 29 2009

Only had my 2008 XD a few weeks but love it so far. Terrific mileage, good acceleration. I thought that I would feel uncomfortable or unsafe in such a small car but I don't at all. Front seats are very supportive. I love the styling of the car although I've heard some describe it as ugly! It holds MANY bags of groceries in the trunk and if I need more room the seats go down easily. I thought I would buy a Honda Fit but this XD won my heart. I do hope it lives up to Toyota's durability history.

1 2 3