2010 ForTwo

3.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Fun to Drive

by Smart Man from Maryland on April 28, 2010

I wanted to buy the Smart car from the time I saw it in a Car Expo. But when I saw these cars in Rome (Italy), I was really impressed with their styling as well as the easy for riding and parking in small streets. I bought a convertible when I came back and ever since loved this car. The best part is the attention that you get from other drivers. It looks like everyone is fascinated when they see a Smart car. Surprisingly, even though it looks small, it is very comfortable and roomy inside, handles very well and has a great traction on the road.

very enjoyable car for city driving

by KF from Dundas, Ontario, Canada. on October 31, 2015

I love & enjoy driving my 2010 Smart 4 2. I use it 6 X a week for mostly city-drives to the Golf-course & shopping. It's super good on gas miles with premium-gas as I only fill up once a Month with less than 30.00$ . It's not a sports-car but I'm over 80 & don't drive like when I was 25 or 45 Years old. Parking = never a problem & pot-holes - OK try to avoid them - they are rough on this car. I would buy one again anytime . Klaus Freudenreich, Dundas, Ontario.

Smart Car

by Fish from upstate NY on December 30, 2009

The smart car makes driving fun, and I love it. The car was on half a tank the other day and I managed to get four gallons into it. The seats are comfortable, headroom, and safety, is similar to that of a much larger car. Park anywhere--in spaces that are being halfway overtaken by other cars. For a single person or childless couple, this car is great. However, if you live in a place where there are too many potholes or washboard roads, you might want another model. The short wheelbase makes the car seem faster than it is, but it also accentuates bumps. Also, (aftermarket) cruise control is nearly 500 bucks.

OUR SMART CAR IS GREAT FUN

by SPIDER from Davenport, Iowa on January 5, 2010

I first read about it when in the hospital and couldn't wait to place my order. I was first going to get a coupe but decided on the convertable which was the best choice. we got red/blk and every where we go we get loads of questions which is the only draw back. This is the funnest car we own and being a collector of cars iot goes along to car shows with my 57 Chevy and the smat gets all the looks. This was a great choice for fun, handling and performance.

So glad I let myself get one

by Midlife crisis solved from Washington, DC on June 4, 2010

Part of me wanted a cute little red convertible, but another part wanted to do the sensible thing. So I did both and got a Passion Cabriolet! So far, I'm very happy with it. The first week I owned it, I bought a huge load of groceries (think Thanksgiving), and it easily fit into the cargo area - no need to fold down the passenger seat. It's roomy where it needs to be, and tiny in a parking space. The mileage is fantastic, and despite its size the seats are perched fairly high up, so that you're looking down at the road the way you would in a bigger SUV. (This is a plus for me.) The car feels very balanced and "grounded", even on the freeway. I have absolutely no fear of tipping or skidding. There are customer incentives available now, which left me with enough left over to splurge on a little aftermarket customization - part of the fun of these things is that they cry out for "decoration." An aftermarket cruise control is available. Some potential downsides: I'm still getting used to the transmission, and according to the salesperson it's getting used to me - the transmission apparently adjusts itself to the driving habits of the driver. (We'll see.) The floor-mounted brake also takes some getting used to - I have to lift my foot rather than just sliding over from the gas to the brake. Note: Smart has not updated any of its advertising or its website to indicate that in early 2009 it stopped offering the rain sensors and automatic headlights that are still described in its "comfort package." Apparently they kept draining the battery, so the comfort package now comes with fog lights instead. The fog lights are fine, but it was irritating to learn that certain features I wanted didn't actually exist. Bottom line: I now have a car that makes me smile.

Love it!

by SMART Fortwo from Ohio on November 28, 2009

Our smart is 2008 and it is fantastic. Seats are comfortable. I commute 50 miles and an hour each way on rural, urban and interstate. Comfortable everyway. Panoramic roof, Heated seats and mirrors. Paddle shifters or automatic. Perfect for two people. Drove it to Myrtle Beach and was very comfortable the whole way.

great on gas

by smsrt driver from visalia,ca on February 1, 2012

This is a great car for city driving and commuting, its fun and enjoyable. Enough room for daily shopping

A Great Little Car

by HSnev from Florida on December 25, 2012

Great mileage, great performance, great style, great to be seen in, great trade in, great for in town driving, great parking.

45mpg in town......Daily driver 50 miles daily...

by Darth Vader from Cincinnati Ohio on March 9, 2018

Not a bad little car, I enjoy driving it ,the first 3 gears are a little jerky like in all smarts , just know what you’re getting into , as the computer learns your driving style it adjusts and gets smoother after like 600 miles, maintain speed up big hills no problem, on a windy day it will be blown around a little bit , rain no problem, haven’t seen snow yet... If you’re considering this car I recommend you test drive it for 24 hours first.. Take it on your daily routes first before you decide ,it’s a acquired taste but could get old fast..Highways are little different make sure you test drive it on the highway beforehand might be your deciding factor...You have to run 93 octane or higher to get 45mpg , no cheap GAS!! Will run terrible.. 9 gallon tank gets over 400 miles .. People tend to stare a lot at the car, It’s a glorified go-kart ..If your a defensive driver you’ll be fine....

A GREAT CAR

by BAMBAM from CHICAGO AREA on July 7, 2010

I NOW HAVE TWO YEARS OF OWNERSHIP OF THE CABRIO (CONVERTIBLE), AND CAN HAPPILY REPORT THIS IS A GREAT LITTLE CAR, CUTE, FUNKY, ECONOMICAL, AND FUN TO DRIVE. ABS BRAKES, COMPUTER CONTROLLED HANDLING, HEATED SEATS AND MIRRORS, AC, NUMEROUS AIR BAGS, RAIN SENSORS, SAFETY CELL, PLASTIC PANELS, ELECTRIC ROOF, AUTO TRANS OR SHIFT...WHICHEVER YOU FEEL LIKE DOING. EVERYONE LIKES IT AND CONSTANTLY ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. YOU CAN TRAVEL THE INTERSTATE WITH EASE. THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO REALIZE IS THAT WITH THE SHORT WHEELBASE (LIKE ANY SPORT CAR), WHEN YOU HIT A BUMP YOU FEEL IT. HOWEVER, THE RIDE IS FINE AND COMFORTABLE. THE STORAGE SPACE IS MORE THAN AMPLE FOR GROCERIES OR SMALL LUGGAGE. I HAVE DRIVEN ON 500 MILE TRIPS WITH NO PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS. IN READING OTHER REVIEWS THAT ARE SO NEGATIVE I CANNOT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE WHAT THEY MAY COMPLAIN ABOUT IS JUST PLAIN CRAZY...JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. THIS IS A FUN CAR, MAINLY FOR LOCAL COMMUTING, BUT IT CAN TAKE YOU ON THE LONG ROAD TOO.

1 2 3 4