2005 Baja

2005 Subaru Baja

2005 Subaru Baja

Have you driven the 2005 Subaru Baja?

It's a ball!

by Baja lover! from Southern Illinois on Sun Mar 13 2011

These vehicles are just great fun to own. They handle like a sports car, carry a load like a small pick-up truck, seat passengers easily with 4 doors and are a ball to drive. I happen to own the turbo charged model with sport-shift, heated leather seats, sun roof, and bed extender with bed cover. This turbo model has incredible acceleration and with the sport-shift, you can play with manually shifting to get a little more performance as well. The handling properties are excellent and the car hugs the road like a sports car although the ride is a little stiff if you are looking for a more soft luxury type ride. The rear seat folds down for more interior storage of luggage on trips and the panel behind the rear seat opens to allow longer items to extend from the bed area into the passenger area. With the tailgate down, the bed extender can be flipped over onto the tailgate which also extends the bed length by about an extra 2 feet for carrying larger items like bicycles and such. The luggage rack on the roof adds to the storage space and a cargo container strapped to the roof rack is a real plus on an extended trip when hauling lots of gear. Between the back seat, truck bed, and roof rack, you can haul a lot of camping gear along with a canoe or kayak! These turbo models get great gas mileage if you keep your foot out of it, but you get great performance if you want to get on the gas just a little more. All in all, this is simply an incredibly versatile vehicle which does almost everything asked of it very nicely.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A blast to drive...the Swiss Army Knife of cars!

by Suby Dude from Philadelphia, PA on Mon Jun 25 2007

I've had mt Baja for 4 years and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. I'm going to drive this thing until the day it dies. It handles amazingly in the rain and snow and I love taking it on the beach during my fishing trips. Subaru hit a homerun with this one, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.

subaru baja crash test

by pl whitmore3 from central Ia on Sat Feb 12 2011

I purchased a subaru baja2005 and on the way home from the dealer I was doing 65mph and a lady in a four door sudan pulled right out in front of me.Neadless to say it was not pretty. The entire front of the subaru was crushed back and the car was buckled downward at the rear of the cab. The passenger compartment was intact. The airbags were deployed. Vehicle was totaly destroyed, but I walked away with minor chest injuries possibly from air bag. Looking at the accident that was not bad. I am currently looking for a replacement of the same vehicle hopefully with better luck.

GREAT CAR love it, love it, love it

by newchick from Springfield, Il on Mon Nov 22 2010

I have had mine for over 5 years and can't part with it. I am disappointed in Subaru for discontinuing the Baja because it is the only car I have owned that I would buy again. When mine dies will look for another with low mileage. Performance is execellent and reliability definately a 5 star.

Very reliable and very versatile

by Heavy Commuter from Athens, TN on Sat Feb 03 2007

I find this truck to be very reliable. With my 4hr a day trip, (188mi) it was very easy to tack on 62,000 in 11 months. Other than routine maintance, no services needed. I do think I payed just a tad too much for it though and the stylin is jus a little tired. But I still would recommend this to anyone.

Japanese El Camino

by gmatic from battle creek, MI on Thu Aug 05 2010

I've love this car! Its a five speed turbo. Drives like a sports car with quick response. Great in any weather condition. Rides like a Cadillac. The extra plus of having cargo space to tote things around. The only negative thing I can say about the car is the limited leg space in the cockpit, and they should have automated the far, back window so you could roll it down. Definately a long time keeper.

Love Cute Little Red Cartruck!

by MissKitty from North Carolina on Fri Mar 14 2014

I am a widow who lives in a country setting. Have been driving junk cars and need something reliable. I am working toward self-sufficiency and this car is perfect. With the all-wheel drive I can get out in bad weather. I have to haul my own trash to the dump and have the space to do so without putting it inside my car. Also have the room to ride passengers. I am 5'1" and got rid of a pickup that I couldn't push the clutch in because I am too short. Don't have that issue with this car and I am able to reach inside the cargo bed. Absolutely perfect vehicle for me in my circumstances. BTW, it flat out flies with the turbo. Have to watch the speedometer or it could be a ticket getter. The cruise control helps a lot.

Fun first car

by WRX truck from Bradenton fl on Mon Jul 29 2013

I got this car/truck from my dad for a first car and he had bough it brand new. The baja now has 147000 miles of torchure, fun, work, towing, camping, etc. this car can take a lot of abuse and not fuss about it. We have only had to do basic maintenance expect for having to replace the brakes, rear struts and a oil filter gasket but the first 2 where from towing a 700 pound trailer wit about 2000 pounds of weight. The brakes where replace at 120k and the struts at the same time. The oil filter gasket was cause by the dealer. This car is fun to have as a daily driver . The turbo is defenetly better to drive than the N/A

Best vehicle I have ever owned

by Likadbaja from Ontario, Canada on Wed Oct 03 2012

I now have 3 of these. Although this one was much abused and in pretty rough shape, it was very well described and I knew what to expect, I would very highly recommend Subaru products.

Truly Wonderful

by puremichsubaru from Ann Arbor, MI on Mon Aug 21 2017

I was lucky enough to find one of these in 2017, with only 65k miles on it. It was maintained quite well and will contine to be. Awesome car.

1 2