2007 Subaru Forester

Fun Car

by from New Jersey on September 16, 2017

Has met my needs. Gets good gas mileage. Lots of room. Good all around AWD car. Getting 28 to 30 MPG.

Great Car.. 2007 era true to the Forester Concept

by from Island Heights, NJ on August 4, 2017

Shopped for this model for over 6 months. Wanted a 2.5X Manual. Dealer I bought it from preemptively replaced the head gaskets with the "good" aftermarket ones, not OEM even though there was no evidence of a problem. Also changed the cam belt ( overdue). The manual version of this non turbo car is very responsive though not a speed demon. Handling both on curves and on the highway is better than the more recent models. The car is a very good compromise between overall size and interior room.

Very reliable car.

by from Richmond Hill, NY on August 2, 2017

This vehicle is very reliable. It is good for a small family. One thing I especially liked was the fact that it was 4 wheel drive. As a mom who is always up and down with the kids, I found this feature to be very very useful especially when there is a lot of snow out. There is also plenty of cargo room.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

My Subaru saved my life

by from Upstate New York on July 19, 2017

I bought a 2007 Subaru Forester used. I only had it for 3 years and absolutely loved it. very much in control in all weather situations. I was in a collision Subaru was totaled, I came out with minor injuries. My next car will still be Subaru.

Great car for son

by from Arvada, CO on June 7, 2017

This is a great car for my son who is always outdoors when not in college. Great for camping and hauling bicycles and more.

Subaru Forester

by from Turlock, ca on March 26, 2017

We bought this car to carry our canoe and 3 grand kids...it was not the most comfortable car to ride in, had the basics and filled the need we had. After 10 years of ownership it was time to purchase another canoe carrying/grand kid friendly vehicle ..absolutely no issues with the cars reliability or gas mileage, interior fabric held up, looked almost new

Best Vehicle I have owned

by from Hickory, NC on March 2, 2016

Great car runs good, handles good, gets great gas mileage. Has good lines, interior in good shape for age. The price was very fair.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

subi fan

by from nj on May 30, 2014

this is my second forester (first 95) and just recently bought 2014 xt touring. only thing I dont loke is tje ground clearance it fells like im driveing in a sports car but I am fixing that with a lift kit. it handles great off road and throuh mud. took it in a 2 1/2' deep hole filled with water and had no problem awd is great in snow just wish I could spin out a little easier without using the e-break so much

Why I loathe this car

by from Salt Lake City, UT on December 17, 2013

I needed to get a newer used car and Subarus seemed a good bet. I test drove a bunch and this one seemed to fit the bill. But I had not bought a car in 10 years and was not as attentive to certain things at the time. The pros on this car are the AWD - Subaru makes one of the best - and its reliability. The cons are what I found out after driving over time and with practical use. To start there is very little legroom in the back seat. Also you cannot fit more than two people in the backseat - the middle section is only for a tiny child at best. Space in the rear trunk area is limited. Subaru uses cheap materials and little soundproofing so road noise especially on the highway was quite loud. In addition there was something wrong with the drivers side door (the windows are not surrounded by the door) as a lot of wind noise penetrated through. It was impossible to hear the radio/CD once over 50 mph without turning it way up. To top it all off apparently there was a known issue with the fuel pumps and at about 60k miles they would start emitting a high pitched whining noise. I got the car at 60k miles and one day within a couple weeks of getting the car my wife asked me what was that noise? At first I hadn't noticed it but once I did it was impossible to drown out. It was maddening! It's worse in the cold. I researched it online and Subaru knew about it and fixed it on the 2009 model. Everyone else was stuck! At this pointed I loathed the car but I was stuck with it for 2 years until I could replace it. I will NEVER buy another Subaru again!!

Forester 2007

by from NYC on December 3, 2012

Love the way the car handles. Its quick and feels great on city potholes. Feels great on turns and curves. I really notice the breaks in wet weather did a few test hard stops and it responded very wel...
Love the way the car handles. Its quick and feels great on city potholes. Feels great on turns and curves. I really notice the breaks in wet weather did a few test hard stops and it responded very well.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Subaru Forester