2008 Subaru Forester

Greatest vehicle on winter roads

by from Shokan, NY on September 7, 2017

I feel safew in the vehicle and it has plenty of viewing from all angles to see outside (another safety feature). Easy to get my grandson's car seat in. Like the versatility of putting seat down for more cargo room

Best car

by from Upstate ny on September 6, 2017

I've been driving foresters since I've had my license. They are so reliable and just great in general

had great all wheel drive

by from raleigh, NC on August 5, 2017

It is a good size, not too big not too small. All wheel drive was very useful in the midwest winters with the amount of snow.

I love this car!

by from Eastsound, WA on August 1, 2017

I live on an island with many unpaved roads, so needed something that could keep going up the most slippery or rough roads and conditions. This car can definitely do anything. I easily drive it over conditions that I would only try with a 4wd but it looks and handles like a nice passenger vehicle.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great car for the money

by from Fairfax, VA on July 28, 2017

Handles fine, with 86K miles it runs great, no mechanical issues, only had minor mechanical issues just after purchase.

Forester!!

by from Mogadore on March 23, 2017

Our family has THREE Foresters!!! Very reliable car. Never breaks down. We are looking at another for our son. Love them!!

Warning to ALL

by from Denver, CO on October 26, 2015

BEWARE!! The Foresters from 98-2009 are good for about 60-70k miles, then the problems come, with head gaskets. We've had 3 in the family and all eventually get there. If you don't believe me, just Google Forester Head Gasket problems. Very disappointed at Subaru as they will not do a recall, for 10+ years they have known about the problem. If you go ahead and buy one, don't say I didn't warn you.....

Love my 2008 LLBean Subaru Forester

by from Teaneck, NJ on May 15, 2014

This is the best car I have EVER owned. The moonroof is AWESOME!!, it rides smooth as butter and the interior is elegant and high quality. The only issue is you hear a little outside noise when driving, but hey, you also have that great sound system to drown it out. It handles like a dream, the color is classic and it comes with heated seats!!! Love It!! If you can find one, buy it.

Swiss Army Knife of Cars

by from DC on November 26, 2013

These vehicles are long term reliable. The only complaint is that on the less expensive models the seats can be uncomfortable. However, if you bring along a small memory foam pillow for long hauls that seems to work. The AWD is fantastic for any road condition. The engines, maintained properly can last in excess of 250,000 miles. I base that on actual experience. My 2008 has 135,000 miles and required spark plugs and plug wires at 124,000 miles. Make sure you use spark plug wire grease on the wires or they won't make a good connection. They are reliable and the new models have better seats and the price is right. Buy it and drive it. The body integrity and engine are good for the long haul. For the price you can't beat it. We regularly drive from DC to the Myrtle Beach area and the car gets around 27 mpg and more in highway driving. It's completely safe in the rain and that makes for pleasurable driving.

Lives up to its promise

by from Hillsdale Ontario on August 28, 2012

The 2008 Forester is new to me and replaces a Ford Focus which I loved. I found that at age 80 I was using the hand grip over the door to haul myself out. The taller Forester solved that.I can exit and enter with ease. I was surprised that my 2003 Focus had nice little touches that the 2008 Forester lacks. I think the Forester's instrument lighting is poor. With the too quiet clicking and dim lighting of the turn signals I neither see or hear when they're on. Why aren't the turn signal lights on the dash as bright as the cruise control? Insturment lighting is generally too dim. I have 2 choices: wear sunglasses and say bye bye to instruments or go without sunglasses and say bye bye to instruments as glare shuts down my irises and I squint. Turning on headlights proves iinstrument lights are only good at night. But in all other respects I love the car. With a sunroof and frameless windows I can almost convince myself I'm in a convertible. With the ease of folding the rear seat backs it quickly becomes a little workhorse for carrying weeds to the dump etc. Great cottage car. Roomy, comfortable and peppy. It is pretty much good for anything I might want to do.