2020 Forester

2020 Subaru Forester

2020 Subaru Forester

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2020 Subaru Forester?

Suburu Forester Fan!!

by DonnaS from Lancaster, MA on Mon Nov 04 2019

This is my second Suburu Forester, and my husband kept my last one. I am short so wanted something I was comfortable with and easy to maneuver. Although I find it just right for me there is so much leg room in the front and the back for tall people. The trunk is bigger than most CRV's. Very quiet and drives so smoothly. Love it!!!! Bought the Premium!!! Worth the extra

Best Car Ever!

by LuvMySubaru from Milwaukee, WI on Wed Dec 04 2019

I have owned Pontiac, Chevy, Saturn, Toyota, Oldsmobile, Buick, Hyundai, Nissan and now a Subaru. The 2020 Subaru Forester is by far the best car I have ever owned. The safety features are stellar. It handles excellent in snow or rain. It’s roomy and comfortable. The acceleration and horsepower are way better than a Nissan Rogue. I got the sport model and it offers SI drive which makes it more responsive. High quality vehicle for sure. It was built in Japan, while others Subaru cars are built in US. I have never been happier with a car. The Forester makes me want to drive.

The Safety Features Really Do Work!

by aobrien1 from Annandale, VA on Wed Jan 29 2020

This is our second Subaru, but our first with an SUV of any type. We chose it over the Outback because it's a little smaller, the windows are slightly larger and it comes with a CD player (not everyone streams). The first week my husband drove it to work, someone pulled right out in front of him and before he had a chance to brake, the car stopped itself. We bought our first Subaru because of the commercials highlighting the safety features and we don't regret buying the second one now.

very nice car

by Commissioner from Boca Raton, Florida on Thu Mar 26 2020

I had done a lot of research before I selected the Forester. The car has all the safety features that I think are necessary. Despite what I read from other reviewers I find the pick up to be very adequate as I have no plans to race the car at Daytona.

I really love it

by Jstepp from Bel Air, MD on Sun May 10 2020

I bought at 2012 forester and was not a big fan. When I went out shopping, I knew I wanted a subaru. First I drove a legacy, after that I took an outback for a spin. I really liked the looks of the legacy and the versatility of the outback. I had a sour taste in my moth from the 2012 I opened, but I decided to just sit in the forester for peace of mind. I am glad I did. After the redesign in 2019, it is much more fitting for what it is. Much more space on the inside the previous models. Gives you the sportier looks with the versatility of the outback. I LOVE IT

The Best!

by FloridaJohn from Melbourne, FL on Mon Feb 03 2020

I needed a new car and narrowed my search down to my 4 favorites (small SUV’s). I wish I started with the Subaru because it quite simply checked off all the boxes. Roomy- I’m 6’4” and have plenty of leg and, amazingly, head room. Stylish- The sport model really stands alone in the glut that is the small SUV/crossover market. Interior- Again, very stylish and modern. Safety- You can’t argue against Subaru’s safety record. Gas Consumption- I drive mostly city and am averaging over 27mpg. Warranty- Lifetime drive train and I purchased the very economical extended warranty (7 yrs/100000miles)

Subaru meets my needs and more.

by Love my Subaru from Nj on Mon Dec 23 2019

This vehicle meets all if our needs. The Subaru is perfect for our family it fits 6’3 driver with extra head and leg room while being quite comfortable for a 5’2” driver. The safety features are one of the many reasons we purchased this vehicle.

My first Subaru and I'm in love

by Dixiegurl from Susanville, CA on Mon Feb 17 2020

I love the roominess of the interior, the room for all my stuff in the back, and the hands free hatch back lift gate. I am only 5'1" and the driver seat is very adjustable so I can see and feel very safe driving it, there are no blind spots.! Love the big panoramic moonroof. The engine is only a 4 cylinder but it has great acceleration onto the freeway. I am a little disappointed that the tow rate is only for 1500 lbs, however. I am wanting to buy a small camper, so I'm going to have to rethink what I'm going to buy. Otherwise, it's a beautiful vehicle, has all the safety features I was looking for, with a huge moonroof, and lots of space. I am so glad I purchased it.

3rd Subaru and my favorite by far

by msp1 from St. Paul, MN on Tue Apr 07 2020

I've driven my new Subaru Forester Sport for a couple months and have been completely impressed with it. The handling (hugs the road nicely and has very responsive steering), ride comfort (softer ride than my old Crosstrek, quiet), features (eyesight, x-mode, Apple CarPlay), and gas mileage (25-28 city, 30-34 hwy so far). I had a 2018 Crosstrek before this which I loved but needed more cargo space. The Forester has excellent visibility and the eyesight features are very helpful. The sluggishness some people complain about isn't as bad as they say. I've never had an issue passing on the freeway or getting going from a stop. In fact it has some decent pep from my experience. I'm more concerned with gas mileage anyway so I am satisfied with the engine size. Overall I'm completely happy with it and like it more and more each time I drive it.

Overwhelming

by Dean from Reno , Nevada on Thu Feb 27 2020

Major upgrade from the 2017 we had. There are so many tech items I dont think the average person wants or uses. Still working on all the, right setting to just drive the car. Lags on uphill if you get in traffic so may have to use manual drive style. The 2017 forester generation was like a pickup and the 2020 is like a upper end car for driving and comfort and added safety. The 2020 states they fixed some bugs.We use lucas fuel stabilizer every tank and mid grade gas every few tanks and get above rated gas mileage. Tires run better at 42 front and 40 rear psi then stock setting which is to soft I feel.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22

Our Take on the 2020 Subaru Forester

The verdict:

Practicality and all-wheel drive still define the Forester, but the redesigned 2019 is quieter, more civilized and classier.

Versus the competition:

Just as capable, the redone Forester can now take on compact SUV leaders in terms of materials quality and comfort.

The first goal for Subaru with its all-new, fifth-generation Forester was not to screw it up. The five-seat compact SUV has loyal buyers, and the past generation doubled its predecessor’s sales.

The company came up with a 2019 Forester that’s literally new throughout, but doesn’t trumpet it. If you liked the fourth generation, you’ll like the new one better — you just might have trouble spotting it in a parking lot. The Forester’s defining characteristic remains practicality. The 2019 Forester is quieter and smoother and has higher-quality materials inside. The Subaru shot from being a laggard to finding a place among the leaders in multimedia technology, even on the... Read More