2010 Subaru Impreza

It was a basic car, but there is no need for more

by from Summit, NJ on September 20, 2017

This car met all my daughters needs, it sits five people comfortably, the trunk is very spacious. It had more that 120.000 milles and never needed any extra maintenance.

Average

by from Emmaus, PA on September 5, 2017

I bought my 2010 2.5i premium sedan at 30k miles. It didn't take long for the interior to make slight crinkling and cracking noises every time I went over a bump. Somehow a panel in the back popped out and won't go back in. The seat is noisy when I move around. So the interior is a bit cheap. Then shifting is choppy especially when the AC is on. I can't shift into reverse half the time unless the car is slowly coasting forward. I got this car to drive to work in the snow and for reliability. The viscous cuppling, a part of the all wheel drive system went bad costing me $1600. The mechanic said it could've been due to uneven tire sizes. Idk. I kept the tires that were on the car when I bought it. Other than that a great car!

Reliable car. Very functional

by from Boston, MA on August 26, 2017

Overall a very good, functional car. Gas mileage is not as high as it advertised. Trunk space is very weird shaped.

Uses car for Havingfun

Great Utility Car

by from Carrboro, NC on July 26, 2017

This car's gotten me through thick and thin. Good highway mpg at 30+, and the reliability that Subaru's known for. The only downfall is that it has low clearance, but it's compact size is also what drove me to it. Highly recommend.

Fun, Fast, Reliable

by from San Diego, CA on June 27, 2017

Subaru WRX are known to be fun cars that can handle spirited driving at an affordable price point. They are also super safe and reliable, making my experience a great one, from Mile 1 to Mile 100,000 and beyond. I love my WRX.

nice little car

by from SF Bay Area on May 29, 2017

Basic commuter car with surprisingly good power when on S mode. Zero engine and or granny issues. Only thing I didn't like was the super plain looking headlights.

Not sure if Dealer or Car let me down

by from Denver, Co on August 1, 2013

I bought this "Subaru certified" car from a large dealership in Centennial Co. The first day I brought the car home they had to tow it back for the antifreeze coming out all over the engine and not having enough in it to drive back. When it got back to the dealer they also fixed the warped brakes. Went back again to replace the air scoop and a/c compressor since they were bad. The car still makes a horrible noise occasionally when the a/c is on making the car vibrate. My last Subaru never gave me this many problems in 7 years.

Zippy and grippy - it's good

by from North jersey on January 19, 2012

I've had it 2 months. Wish it had power seats. Love the heated seats and how it performs so well in inclement weather but Havent had to test it in snow yet. I think it will do well. Love the way it can maneuver in tight spots. It was mistaken for an Audi! Over all I love it.

2010 Subaru Impressa WRX Hatchback 5 Speen

by from Seacoast, NH on January 9, 2012

I purchased the premium model which has leather seating, sunroof, satelite radio. This vehicle is impressive. I enjoy the styling and performance. I am an older driver and found the 2011 styling a bit much..so I opted for the 2010. I also was not looking forward to the 2012 model. I love the hatchback. I can fit plenty of items by folding down the rear seats. Inside is pretty plain as one might expect in this class of car. Heater controls work well. I wish there was a ramp option when you use the auto climate control as it blasts hot air when initially activated. Models such as this should come with at least 3 auxiliary power ports...This car has two. My vehicle came with the leather trim seating. The seats are less supportive with sharp side to side movement..softer than I would imagine but I have a 6'2" 200 pound frame. Headroom is excellent for this class. Audio controls are nice. The double din style is great for upgrading. Shifter is acceptable..I have trouble hitting fourth gear for some reason during spirited driving. Steering is excellent, turn in is very precise. Braking is not as progressive as I would like..but decent. I carry 4 passengers without issues. Leather seats are easy to clean. Stuff seems to fly around the interior of this car due to the slippery leather seats and flat footwells for the rear passengers. Acceleration is excellent. I hit the rev limiter quite a bit because the engine spins up super fast. I achieved 26 mpg on the highway, 21 ish with my mostly in town driving. Front window seems to have issues with moisture during start up on a cold mornings. There is ALOT of road noise with this car..but you get to hear the engine and transmission more..which I absolutely love. Not sure I would enjoy as much if I had a long highway commute each day. Limited storage space between front seats and on dashboard...quite common with Subarus of this year. Nice storage spots in lower doors for drinks and stuff...of course it flies around during spirited driving..lol..

MY WRX Premuim: A Real Blast

by from OHIO on November 15, 2011

My wife has a 2009 WRX. After I hit a deer with my old car, I drove a number of vehicles but realized I wanted a WRX of my own. This vehicle is full of technology including all wheel drive, vehicle dynamic stability control, air bags all over. It's 265 hp turbo-charged flat-4 cylinder engine delivers instant smiles while keeping a low center of gravity for excellent handling. I have driven this car from Ohio to Wyoming twice and Georgia and back, enjoying it's firm, comfortable ride through mountain passes and on the highway. HWY 28mpg, mixed 23-25mpg. I have 35000 miles with NO maintenence issues. I am a satisfied driver!

Our Expert Review: 2010 Subaru Impreza