2013 Impreza

2013 Subaru Impreza

2013 Subaru Impreza

4.3

Have you driven the 2013 Subaru Impreza?

perfect car for me

by funkyB from Tacoma, WA on Thu Jan 17 2013

I have the hatchback with CVT and premium with weather package which means added traction control, added heated seats, deicer, etc..I also have the power moonroof and LOVE my car. One thing must be noted, I have never had a speeding ticket, and my driving record is spotless. Meaning a WRX or STi would be a waste of money for me, so I knew what I was buying. This car handles perfectly, AWD, and best gas mileage of any AWD car on the market. The impreza hatchback's new bodystyle has made friends and family think I had a VW Golf at first. I made sure to get the extended warranty to 100k miles instead of the standard 36k because I will probably have this car for 8-10 years, if not longer. I have always liked hatchbacks and having this 4 door with a power moonroof gives me everything I need. I work in an office job and in the spring/summer go fishing/camping and even considering of the next time I camp to just fold the seats down and sleep in my car instead of pitching a tent :). I find more excuses to drive this car that I haven't done in years...the last 6-7 years I owned a RWD small pick up truck that doesn't handle half as nice as my impreza.. I only kept the truck for those times I want to do dump runs or pick up heavy stuff..but the subaru impreza hatchback is for everything else that requires driving in my life!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great car for the outdoor enthusiast!

by IImpreza from San Francisco ca on Sat Dec 29 2012

Pros: Exceptional handling and cornering thanks to its AWD. Plenty of room with the seats folded down. This car handles and corners like no other in its class. Although the interior is simple, it doesn't feel cheap (compared to the interior parts of a scion tv or Honda civic/accord). The exterior is visually appealing. Driving through the mountains during a blizzard was done so with relative ease compared to other cars in its class. Standard bluetooth allows connectivity to your phone. Cons: very poor acceleration. A civic goes 0-60 faster. The base speakers and are horrible. Overall this is a great car for those who demands the handling ability of an AWD vehicle. Great for the sports and outdoor enthusiast. Not for the speed demon.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Sweet Ride in the Snow

by Sioux City Subaru from Sioux City, IA on Fri Dec 21 2012

Love it. Snowed and the Imprezza hugged the road just like it was clear. The AWD is pretty sweet. I have the sedan, limited with leather and would love to have backup camera, otherwise, great.

Great Car

by Subaru for life from Granby, CT on Wed Jan 16 2013

I just bought this car about 2 weeks ago. It is a very reliable car and the I feel very safe and comfortable driving it. The handling is great and I have already tested it out in the snow. The exterior/interior are sporty looking. There is a lot of space inside the car for storage and for comfort. I have been averaging about 34 MPG on the highway. Speakers work great and the bluetooth capability is superb. Chris Townsend was my dealer and he was fantastic. He accommodated all my needs and was very helpful with answering all of my questions. He continues to contact me about my car and how everything is going. Overall this car has been great to me so far and I look forward to driving it every day.

Too much time in repair shop

by Subakim from Seattle WA on Thu Jul 02 2015

I have put in 50K in 2.5 years, have had the rings replaced and also the wheel bearings done.Very concerning to have such major issues so early on - I worry what happens when the warranty is up. This is my 4th Subaru and I've been very happy with my past cars (2003 forester was the best ever.) In 2013 the Impreza was the only new car I could find on the market that met my criteria - low mileage (excellent), awd (works great), hatchback, and a manual. I love everything about this car - except that I don't trust it not to have major expenses post warrantee. My other complaints: uses excessive oil, low clearance, terrible blue tooth, and the darn passenger seat belt ding comes on when I so much as put an apple on the seat.

Does not recommend this car!!

better every year

by dogstiff from ithaca ny on Thu Aug 15 2013

more space on the interrior. bigger doors. better gas milage. brought back clutch breaking. more elbow room up front.

Great for the snow!

by Mountain lover from San Jose, CA on Thu Jan 17 2013

Loved handling on snow & ice. Manual paddle shifters are life changing. Drives as automatic in traffic and manual on snow & ice without annoying clutch foot work. Hugs the ground in strong wind. Great handling & turn radius. Seat warmers are amazing.

Sherry's car

by Larry from Decorah, Iowa on Thu Aug 08 2013

Easy to get around in and out. Great on gas mileage. Good at hauling grandkids musical instruments ( violin and cello and sound system. Drives good and I feel good behind the wheel. It's a neat drive.

AWD is great

by First Time Lease from Cape Cod, MA on Mon Mar 25 2013

I drove off the lot with my new Impreza 3 weeks ago, and since then have had 3 snowstorms to contend with. This car drove through unplowed streets and slushy surfaces without even blinking. It is the first time ever that I haven't had to contend with getting stuck! I chose the hatchback model for the convenience, but I fell in love with the styling when I saw another one on the street while I was still trying to decide what car to buy. I love the AWD, Bluetooth, and inside styling as well. Would definitely rcommend this car.

best car ever owned

by tl from romeoville Illinois on Mon Jun 10 2013

Very spacious interior. Good performance. Lot's of standard equipment. Good looking car. Have a 13 yr.old. Subaru impreza, very reliable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2013 Subaru Impreza

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2011 about the 2012 Subaru Impreza. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The redesigned 2012 Subaru Impreza's most compelling attributes are evident before you even start the engine. Take a glance and you'll see more mature styling in both the sedan and four-door hatchback. Get inside and you'll find excellent sightlines, roominess and improved quality. Look at the specifications and you'll see impressive mileage for a car in the compact class — especially for one with Subaru's signature standard all-wheel drive: 27/36 mpg... Read More