2013 Subaru Impreza

Best Buy

by from Huntington Beach, ca on December 17, 2012

I thought I loved driving....little did I know, I had no idea. Impreza handles very well on turns and slick pavement. I'm never buying anything not AWD again!

Sweet Ride in the Snow

by from Sioux City, IA on December 21, 2012

Love it. Snowed and the Imprezza hugged the road just like it was clear. The AWD is pretty sweet. I have the sedan, limited with leather and would love to have backup camera, otherwise, great.

perfect car for me

by from Tacoma, WA on January 17, 2013

I have the hatchback with CVT and premium with weather package which means added traction control, added heated seats, deicer, etc..I also have the power moonroof and LOVE my car. One thing must be noted, I have never had a speeding ticket, and my driving record is spotless. Meaning a WRX or STi would be a waste of money for me, so I knew what I was buying. This car handles perfectly, AWD, and best gas mileage of any AWD car on the market. The impreza hatchback's new bodystyle has made friends and family think I had a VW Golf at first. I made sure to get the extended warranty to 100k miles instead of the standard 36k because I will probably have this car for 8-10 years, if not longer. I have always liked hatchbacks and having this 4 door with a power moonroof gives me everything I need. I work in an office job and in the spring/summer go fishing/camping and even considering of the next time I camp to just fold the seats down and sleep in my car instead of pitching a tent :). I find more excuses to drive this car that I haven't done in years...the last 6-7 years I owned a RWD small pick up truck that doesn't handle half as nice as my impreza.. I only kept the truck for those times I want to do dump runs or pick up heavy stuff..but the subaru impreza hatchback is for everything else that requires driving in my life!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great car for the outdoor enthusiast!

by from San Francisco ca on December 29, 2012

Pros: Exceptional handling and cornering thanks to its AWD. Plenty of room with the seats folded down. This car handles and corners like no other in its class. Although the interior is simple, it doesn't feel cheap (compared to the interior parts of a scion tv or Honda civic/accord). The exterior is visually appealing. Driving through the mountains during a blizzard was done so with relative ease compared to other cars in its class. Standard bluetooth allows connectivity to your phone. Cons: very poor acceleration. A civic goes 0-60 faster. The base speakers and are horrible. Overall this is a great car for those who demands the handling ability of an AWD vehicle. Great for the sports and outdoor enthusiast. Not for the speed demon.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

better every year

by from ithaca ny on August 15, 2013

more space on the interrior. bigger doors. better gas milage. brought back clutch breaking. more elbow room up front.

Overall, disappointing......

by from Oakland. CA on March 4, 2013

Pros, and there are some: Looks great, comfortable inside, leather seats for Ltd. model are nice, great visabililty, feels bigger inside than it is, good luggage space. Great rearview camera. Cons: Underpowered; really noisy if you are climbing anything, and thats with just one or two people; hate to think how it'll be fully loaded. Red dashboard is irritating, Mileage is nowhere near what they say - 23 is the overall, and thats with half or more on the freeway. Radio is all elctronic touch, ie like an Ipad, but way too small to do comfortably while driivng, or even stopped. Saving the dumbest for last: Every time you use Navigation, you have to touch the "I agree" button.. Even if you agreed a thousand times before.. Got a thousand miles now, and I would not buy it again..Sad, since I love my wife's 2011 Impreza..

Great for the snow!

by from San Jose, CA on January 17, 2013

Loved handling on snow & ice. Manual paddle shifters are life changing. Drives as automatic in traffic and manual on snow & ice without annoying clutch foot work. Hugs the ground in strong wind. Great handling & turn radius. Seat warmers are amazing.

Great Car

by from Granby, CT on January 16, 2013

I just bought this car about 2 weeks ago. It is a very reliable car and the I feel very safe and comfortable driving it. The handling is great and I have already tested it out in the snow. The exterior/interior are sporty looking. There is a lot of space inside the car for storage and for comfort. I have been averaging about 34 MPG on the highway. Speakers work great and the bluetooth capability is superb. Chris Townsend was my dealer and he was fantastic. He accommodated all my needs and was very helpful with answering all of my questions. He continues to contact me about my car and how everything is going. Overall this car has been great to me so far and I look forward to driving it every day.

Sherry's car

by from Decorah, Iowa on August 8, 2013

Easy to get around in and out. Great on gas mileage. Good at hauling grandkids musical instruments ( violin and cello and sound system. Drives good and I feel good behind the wheel. It's a neat drive.

AWD is great

by from Cape Cod, MA on March 25, 2013

I drove off the lot with my new Impreza 3 weeks ago, and since then have had 3 snowstorms to contend with. This car drove through unplowed streets and slushy surfaces without even blinking. It is the first time ever that I haven't had to contend with getting stuck! I chose the hatchback model for the convenience, but I fell in love with the styling when I saw another one on the street while I was still trying to decide what car to buy. I love the AWD, Bluetooth, and inside styling as well. Would definitely rcommend this car.

Our Expert Review: 2013 Subaru Impreza