Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1992 Legacy

1992 Subaru Legacy

$767 - $1,791  MSRP Range

4.3

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
3 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1992 Subaru Legacy?

Best Car I've ever had

by Gas pincher from West, Virginia on Fri May 18 2007

I've had a total of 4 Subaru's and this has been the best. The most I've put into it has been 2 CV Joints and 1 alternator and 1 fan belt. When we bought the car it only had 35,000 mi's and now it's reading 133,364 mi's. My father lives 4 hours from me so I've taken on quite a few trips up the road with it. Handles extrememly well on trips as well as around home. Picks up speed fast, not sluggish. Never bothered before the gas prices went up, but recently I've kept track on my gas milage. One trip was 35.5 and two trips were 36.0 mi . With prices today, you can't beat that for an older car. I've owned it for abut 6 1/2 years. Great AWD, especially in the snow. My region, that's a must! The only features I wish I had and don't is CD built in and Cruise Control. I would highly recommend a Subaru to anyone!

Great Value

by BOO master from Fl on Tue Feb 09 2010

I got this car for X-mas one year and it is a great car, it has excellent take off speed and is a smooth ride. The only problem I have is it sometimes gets stuck in Park and I had difficulty switching gears to get it out of park. Has great gas mileage about 30mpg. It is overall an awesome vehicle

An excellent all around car.

by Car Payments = Lame from Cheektowaga, NY on Mon Aug 04 2008

Turbo sport model: Pros: Reasonably peppy, reliable, nice functional interior, factory "iPod" adapter, super comfy seats, many extra features, precise/predictable handling, feels rock solid even after 15 years, and 180k miles of usage. Cons: Poor fuel mileage, parts when needed are pricey.

Our Take on the 1992 Subaru Legacy

If there is such a thing as a sleeper on the American automotive market, it is the Legacy sedan from Subaru of America.

Subaru, whose parent shares the Subaru-Isuzu Automotive Inc. plant near Lafayette, Ind., offers in the Legacy an automobile that utilizes state-of-the-art technology and adds a few touches of its own.

Principle among these is Subaru's opposed-4 and opposed-6 engine configuration. More commonly known as a flat-4 or flat-6 in the automotive trade, the concept is not in universal use among the world's automobile manufacturers.

Automakers may have overlooked a good thing. The opposed-cylinder layout offers advantages like an inherent balance of an engine's reciprocating componentry, and... Read More