2002 Legacy

2002 Subaru Legacy

2002 Subaru Legacy

3.8

Have you driven the 2002 Subaru Legacy?

SWEEET

by CAR GUY from LEHIGH VALLEY , PA on Wed Jun 01 2011

GREAT DEPENDABLE AND COMFORTABLE CAR THATS GOOD ON GAS AND HANDLES LIKE A DREAM! I HAVE ALREDY RECOMENDED IT TO MY FREINDS!

WOW

by Hoenig from Fort Madison, Ia on Mon Apr 30 2012

This is an amazing car, great acceleration, comfort, styling inside and out. VERY reliable. never had anything wrong. Just change the oil and she goes.

One with the Subie

by JJAMES from Calgary Canada on Thu May 28 2015

This 2002 GT is my first car, bought 2014 January with 165,000 KM cost $5900 CAD. First impression it handled like a go-kart in a good way, fast and cuts corners like butter. I'm also 6' 3" but can still drive comfortably 4 months ago I had all head gaskets, water pump, and timing belt changed because my gaskets were blown so now the car feels faster and way smoother. ALSO 2 weeks ago I started using Premium Octane and my car has been wicked fast and even smoother! IF YOU OWN A SUBARU WITH TURBO, SPRING FOR PREMIUM I also Love the styling of the outside, its OG

Shake... and Bake!

by Speed Daddy from Toronto ON. on Wed Jul 11 2007

I bought this car last year (2006) beautiful comfortable interior fun to drive with quite a bit a spunk thanks to the boxster engine. It handles better then any other sedan I've ever driven due to the sport suspension but mostly due to it's full time all wheel drive. The first time I booted it down a curvy on ramp in the rain I kept waiting for it to slide... didn't happen! The winter package is real useful in Canadian winters (nothing like a hot tushy) and it is pretty well equipped although electric seat ajustments on the passenger side would be nice. Starting a new family I was looking for a safe, roomy, sporty yet fuel efficient car. Ok Ok it's not that fuel efficient but still better the an SUV or a Minivan and way more fun to drive!

Do you want sporty, or all-around great?

by Lover of all cars from Winooski, VT on Sun Dec 12 2010

This is my second Legacy, and I can tell you it's a fine car. It's comfortable, but not luxurious. It's got plenty of torque, but it's not "fast". And it's been very, very reliable - including NEVER being stuck in the snow. I wish I'd got the Limited (leather), but it has some of my favorite cloth seats of any car. And I wish it had a turbo, but instead it has a large 4 cylinder engine which is more than fine for most. If you need a winter vehicle that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, this will definitely do it!

granny car

by lark from on Sat Apr 28 2012

lov the car its a all around fun and exciting auto to drive very firm and supportive seats bland granny styling but handles like a sports car dont much care for the cruise control setup althouth it works just fine i bought this car for my wife and she loves it (girl car) i have 132,000 miles on it and it should go another 100,000 they last forever!

Rather dissapointing.

by zombienaut67 from Kansas City, Mo. on Sun Jan 11 2009

This was our third Subaru, and our least favorite.We needed a wagon, and bought the Legacy because the one we were looking at was a demo, and cheaper than the new Outbacks. Our wagon suffered from faulty speakers, and intermittent electrical problems it's whole life.The hvac motor went bad at 47,ooo miles and the sunroof had a whistle. It was a nice handling car and it served it's purpose, but I do not miss it.

Pretty car, big let-down...

by Fatherandson from Southern Indiana on Wed Dec 22 2010

I bought this car for my wife to drive. She has gone back to school to get her masters. We had to sell her 2010 M-B GLK to afford school. We have to have all-wheel-drive to get in and out of our driveway in the winter. Always heard great things about the Subaru line-up. I've never been big on a car that feels cramped, nor was my wife, but we were trying to make sacrifices for the future. We thought we would "get used to it". We never could. It is the cheapest feeling car I've ever owed. Very small and it felt very small and dangerous when you were behind the wheel or in any of the passenger seats. No thought put into interior design of storage. Very loud with wind noise and road noise. Ours was a very loaded, one-owner, well taken care of, Legacy GT wagon. Very good mileage. Dependable. Everything worked. But at best it is basic, cheap transportation. After six months of trying to get used to it and we both hated to take it anywhere, we sold it. Good decision I think.

Does not recommend this car!!

Ugly, loud, slow, small, absolutely the worst car

by Volvo lover from Seymour, In. on Sat Oct 16 2010

I was going back to college to get my masters and got this. It is loud, poorly designed, the windows do not have anything around them. I would never recomend it to a friend. It has no space and andvery small. Do not get this car. The o2 sensor went out on me multiple times.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent value! Low miles.

by Subaru fan on Mon Dec 11 2017

This vehicle is excellent on gas, and is very reliable. Great condition. No accidents. Very low miles.

1 2

Our Take on the 2002 Subaru Legacy

We kept checking the Farmer's Almanac and the skies, hoping that a big snowstorm would help us evaluate the 2002 Subaru Legacy Outback H6-3.0 all-wheel-drive sedan. No snow, but black ice coating the roads drove the point home about this Japanese-designed, American-built car.

Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to its billing. This new edition of the Legacy Outback is basically a cheaper, stripped-down version of last year's model -- minus the vehicle dynamics control system, a feature we sorely missed on slippery roads. Lack of VDC would have been more palatable had we felt our $28,520 test car was a solid value. But next to competitors like the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, it's only... Read More