2007 Legacy

2007 Subaru Legacy

2007 Subaru Legacy

Have You Driven the 2007 Subaru Legacy?

Very Happy with this car

by dogbig from Annapolis, MD on Fri Jun 25 2010

I was in the market for an AWD vehicle. Originally, I was shopping for a used (2006 - 2007) Audi A4 quattro. I must have looked at and driven at least 5 Audis. I never could pull the trigger and buy. There was always a strange engine vibration or the ever present turbo lag, and the cramped interior I could not get past. One day while driving home fom work I saw a Subaru Legacy and thought to myself now that's a nice looking car. Well the next day I test drove and bought one, a 2007 Legacy 2.5i. I could not believe how smooth the engine ran and how the car feels so sure footed on the road (thanks to the AWD). The handling is awesome. I think this car rides better than the Audis I was test driving (or at last as good). I had the car now for about 2 months and still love it. The only drawbacks I've noticed are I hate the placement of the driver side window controls. Very awkward placement causes your wrist to bend in an unnatural movement. And why don't the windows automatically roll up with one pull of the lever like all other cars, you have to sit their with your finger on the lever until the window rolls up. Also, I took one long trip in the car and I was noticing that the seats on long trips are not quite comfortable. Looking forward to testing the AWD in the snow this winter. All in all a great AWD car with that Japanese reliability.

07 subaru legacy is a very best buy

by rhh from Colorado on Fri May 13 2011

Just ck out Consumers Reports for stats on reliability the Legacy is, it is tops on their list! Can't get better. The 2007 Legacy is the first year with the fold down back seat which is very handy and much appreciated the first time you need it. The 4 cy 2.5 engine is plenty big enough for any and all needs. The styling is beautiful and intelligent. The comfort factor is solid, as is the ride. Just test drive other cars to prove it to yourself, that's what we did. This car is an absolute winner, trust me.

Best value for the money of any car I've owned

by Flyin' Old Dude from Edmonton, AB on Sun Jan 06 2008

Looking for a great handling, high-performance sports sedan? Look no further than the Subaru Legacy GT. Best performing 4-banger you'll find and very easy to take from 250HP stock to over 300HP and 345 ft lbs of torque! If you have lots of money go for the Acura RL, but you'll spend lots more $ for not much more excitement. Highly recommended, especially in snow!

GREAT car!

by Tom from Norwich CT on Thu Dec 07 2006

I just got my 2007 Legacy 4 dr Limited sedan (the one with the leather and 6 disc changer...MAN this is a nice car. I love the exterior styling and the interior is awesome...very comfortable, nice heated leather seats..and the SRS radio is good. The car rides very nice, handles good and the AWD is the best there is. This is a great car for the money...I paid 22K, you get a lot for your money. People who havent seen a Subaru in a while are amazed that this car is a Subaru! ONLY thing I dont like is the back seat is a little smallish--but hey, I get to sit up front!! Buy it--you will love it.

This is my second Subaru

by Mattf301 from Connecticut on Sat Nov 11 2006

I have a 2006 Outback 2.5 Limited Wagon. My previous car was a 1998 Outback which my son now has. The '98 has 115,000 miles on it and runs like new. No rust, interior is in great shape. The most expensive repair I had to do was the timing belt/water pump-$500. The '06 has the leather interior and that cool sunroof. It's huge. The ride is very quiet, with acceptable acceleration. It's certainly not a race car. My average fuel mileage(70% around town) is 21.5 mpg. On trips I get 26 mpg. The all wheel drive is exceptional, safer then my Ford Ranger. If you want an even better set-up go for the LL Bean edition which has a more sofisticated system. Beware that if you get the turbo or 6 cylinder model you have to use premium fuel. All around I would say this is the best and safest car for the money. I detest SUVs and think people are irrisponsible buying those gas guzzlers. The Outback is the best value and retains it's resale.

One of the best car I've owned

by ErikNY from New York, NY on Mon Dec 04 2017

I have had other japanese cars but by far this Subaru is one of the best ones. I have had it for several years and never had any serious mechanical issues. the AWD works great in the snow

Best car I have ever owned

by New owner of Sube from Whitesburg, Tn on Mon Jun 30 2014

We checked out this website first and found the car we wanted. So much info on this model. They contacted the dealer for us This car is perfect for us. Excellent comfort on trips and great on gas in and around the city. Stereo w/cd player is great and the leather heated seats are so nice. Power driver seats and manual passenger seats work great. Lots of leg room in front, not so much in back for tall people. Very satisfied.

I just want to go out and drive.

by cody from Pullman, WA on Sat Oct 07 2006

I recently purchased a 2007 Legacy GT and I can't get over how much I enjoy driving the vehicle. The SI drive is pretty cool, as the I mode is nice for driving around town when you don't want to burn extra gas. However jumping into S or S# mode allows the vehicle to dash around winding roads with easy. My GT is equiped with the manual transmission with gearing that matches well the engine dynamics. The hardest part about this car is getting it to go slow enough, while backing out of the parking lot.

Great Car!!

by Alan from Sandy , UT on Sat Sep 23 2006

I did test drive one of these about a week ago and traded in my 2001 BMW 328XI for the GT version. This car is incredably fast and the handling is great (Boxer engine HELLO!!) All wheel drive is standard and the repair costs after manufature warranty is cheap compared to BMW ($1200 for oxygen sensor kit!!) Buy it , you will love it

A great car when living in a mountain town!

by seanmon from SLC, UT on Tue May 02 2017

The Subaru Legacy GT 07 is one of the best cars that I've had. It's great to drive in the canyons and the AWD handles the snow like butter.

1 2

Our Take on the 2007 Subaru Legacy

In the pecking order of the automotive world, Subaru is looking up at powerhouses such as Toyota, Honda and Nissan.

So imagine my surprise that a recent week in the 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited sedan was so enjoyable. Actually, it was more than enjoyable.

"Surprisingly sweet" would be more accurate.

No wonder the September edition of Motor Trend magazine called the Legacy "a vastly underrated (Honda) Accord alternative." That praise was accompanied by a four-star rating (out of five) -- a rating it shared with some 2007 passenger car heavyweights, including the Porsche Boxster, the Chrysler 300 and the Toyota Avalon.

High praise for the Subaru ... and well deserved.

On the tested 2.5 GT Limited sedan... Read More