2010 Outback

2010 Subaru Outback

2010 Subaru Outback

Have You Driven the 2010 Subaru Outback?

Love the New Outback

by New Subaru Owner from Chicago, IL on Fri Jul 09 2010

Although I have looked at Subarus before, they weren't quite big enough for everything we needed to haul for our boat. That all changed with the new, redesigned 2010 Outback. More cargo space than my 04 CRV, better quality interior and more amenities. It also gets much better mileage than I thought it would, almost 26 mpg combined! And the ride is quiet, smooth and comfortable. It just feels like a well engineered car. The only thing that takes time to get used to is the sound of the CVT...very little noise, no revving up and then down when it shifts.

love my new 2010 outback

by first time subie owner from tidioute pa on Wed Aug 04 2010

this is my first subaru and i love it. just about 12k miles on it now. i am well over 6 feet tall and it is comfy and roomy, fun to drive, and i feel safe in any road conditions. i have the 4 cyl with the 6 speed and almost always average better than 30 mpg even driving through my allegheny mountain roads (32-33 on hwy). fantastic value, aux jack, power everything, steering mounted sound and cruise even on the base stripped out model. i think the radio sounds great. the only negative i have is the 4 cyl requires a little more down shifting going up bigger hills than i would like but willingly sacrifice the power for the great mpg's. we bought this car for fuel economy, ability to take it just about anywhere in any weather, reliability and plenty of room for people and stuff. we have not been disappointed yet. looking forward to many long road trips and festivals in this car.

The 'Go Anywhere, Do Everything Vehicle'

by The Subaru Nut from Near Denver, Colorado on Thu Feb 18 2010

This is our 5th Subaru and 3rd Outback model. We've owned a '90 wagon, '99 SUS, '97 Outback, 2007 Outback XT Turbo and now this 2010. The 2010 is bigger than previous models (primary reason we traded), but the it still maintains all the fabulous traits we've come to expect from Subaru. Our 2010 model is the 4 cyl with CVT and currently owned it about 3 months. Have driven it over 3400 miles so far. Love the roomyness, utility, mileage (avg 27 - 30), handling, quality and other features. Especially like the creature comforts, namely the sound system, heated seats, puddel lights and bluetooth cell features. It has great ground clearance for our Colorado snows and the AWD, like all previous models, is absolutely AWESOME! No other vehicles made can surpass Subaru's AWD system, period! I understand a small percentage of Outbacks were delivered with a starting problem (ours included), but Subaru engineers quickly solved it with a computer software fix. Once Subaru was made aware of the problem, their engineers developed a timely fix. Ours now starts fine and works great! I highly recommend the company Subaru and it's Outback model to anyone. We wouldn't own anything else!

Good for the value

by Happy owner from Santa Fe , NM on Thu Jul 15 2010

We recently purchased our first Subaru (Outback Wagon). We are very pleased. Mileage was estimated at 30 mpg highway. Yesterday our car registered 36 mpg. on the highway and we average over 30 if we keep the speed from 65 - 70. The four cylinder is quick enough, spacious, sturdy, and fun to drive. Stereo isn't great (3 stars), but good enough. One quirk -- it is so air tight, the incoming air hurts the drivers ears when a back window is open on the highway. Also, at night when low beams are on, there is a shadowy veil across the top part of the windshield.

I knew this car would last

by Bill444 from Yakima, WA on Thu Aug 12 2010

It has the 4 cylinder 170 HP engine and auto transmission. It is the basic Outback with the winter package. My wife wanted electric seat adjustment so it comes in the winter package. It gets great mileage for such a large car, 25 to 30 MPG so far. The ride is great as I don't like a harsh ride like my sisters Honda. It is also a great looking car. Has lots of standard features. If I was a car salesman, this would be the brand that I would sell as I wouldn't need to BS anyone.

Great value

by ob1 from Atlanta on Sat Jul 03 2010

Too many plusses to list but here are a few: Versatile for hauling yard stuff, camping and kayak gear, long distance traveling. Good gas mileage for a car its size. Love showing the convertible roofrack to friends. Can carry four kayaks and then fold back into place to improve gas mileage. 10 way adjustable seat has many combinations to adjust for long road trips. Many places to stow items, Great legroom. Love the paddle shifters with the automatic transmission.

Very satisfied

by Suv enthusiast from Canada, Quebe on Wed Jan 19 2011

We have purchased the SubRu Outback in April 2010. We chose the 4cyl version. I was a bit skeptical of the performance having tried other 4cyl models before. To this day I am still impressed of it's capacity in all conditions whether driving in hot temperature in the summer or very cold and snowy conditions of the Quebec area, this engine is working very well in collaboration with the cvt transmission

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

It saved my life!

by Subaru Lover from MD on Fri Dec 11 2009

We bought our car on July 25th. We love it. We drive it close to 80 miles a day. The heated seats are great, it is outdoorsy and sporty. However, it was totaled last weekend when someone ran a red light. They hit the outback doing 65-70 miles an hour. It sheared the engine in 3 places and spun the car around 180 degrees. The grill all of the engine was crushed. The wiring harnesses went up in a flame. However, my husband walked away with bruises and a wrist injury. Thank you to Subaru Outback. It saved his life. The best car ever and we plan to buy another one.

Love this crossover

by hopeful subie owner from Dover, DE on Wed May 19 2010

I recently purchased a 2010 Outback. Initial impression is.....I love this vehicle. Stylish..inside and out. Handling is great. Plenty of power with the 4 cylinder. Thousands less for equivalent vehicles with the same options. I have had it long enough to give a review of the reliability but I am expecting to drive this vehicle for 200,000 miles. I can't wait for the snow.

weather king

by Witchdoctor from Central New Jersey on Wed Jan 27 2010

I have had this vehicle 3 months and 5000 miles. It is the 3.6R limited, and is a superb vehicle. I had had it in heavy snow and on unplowed roads, and in the manual mode was a dream going through the white stuff. I have averaged overall 23.87 mpg in all driving conditions since getting the car. It gives a great sense of security in foul weather conditions, the main reason I got this vehicle. The size of the new design is great, with excellent storage and comfort for 4 adults on a long ski trip. The stereo is strong and the bluetooth connectivity is greatly appreciated. Subaru can keep the simulated wood on the interior, folding outside mirrors, self locking doors, and xenon lights should be in it's future. All in all, this is a far better car than I ever expected, and $6000 less than my wife's Audi A4 Avant. I would highly recommend it to all, especially if you've never considerred a Subaru. I did try the 2.5 CVT, but I felt far more secure with the 3.6 and the traditional 5 speed automatic. Also, the 3.6 came with Subaru's best AWD system.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2010 Subaru Outback

These are dire times for the auto industry, but Subaru has been successful thanks to its small lineup of all-wheel-drive vehicles and faithful owners who keep coming back whenever a model is redesigned. Last year, the Forester SUV was completely retooled, and it has sold briskly. For 2010, the long-running Outback gets its overhaul, and it's a doozy.

The Outback has gone from a car-like station wagon to an SUV-like crossover, just like that. It's bigger in nearly every exterior and interior dimension, which resolves the issues past owners had with interior space and gives it a much more comfortable ride. It may not be as fun to drive as before, but it's a better family vehicle that still exudes ruggedness... Read More