2016 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

$24,995 starting MSRP
side view of 2016 Outback Subaru
Explore the 2016 Subaru Outback
Shop the 2016 Subaru Outback

Outback is a great car I never thought I’d own…

Great car for the value. Consumer Reports consistently rates this car with 4/5. We looked at the Crosstreck but actually think this is a better car for the value.

Most reliable car or summer and winter

This car got eyesight, navigation and low mileage for a great price ! Very clean , lot of leg room and cargo space . Reliable in winter and summer driving.

Fantastic car on the highway

This car drives as well as a large sedan, think Cadillac, Lincoln or any smooth riding vehicle. Great clearance , good in the snow or dirt. Great capacity, we have hauled 20 bags of mulch with no handling issues. This is our second Outback, looking forward to the third in a few years.

Love the car so far.

The car is wonderful on gas and rides smooth. We love the color and the reliability of the car to get us in all types of weather.

4.4

Great vehicle

Overall it’s been a pleasure to drive and reliable on trips. I bought this new and Subaru are popular. The negatives are few, they seem to be a little more expensive for maintenance. Although I have never had to do this but if you get a blow out on 1 tire you need to purchase a complete set$$$.

All Around Best Buy

Coming from a 2004 Honda CR-V, I was used to expecting my car to be practical, reliable, safe and economical. After nearly 84,000 miles, I can honestly say, I've been blown away with so many great aspects of my 2016 Subaru Outback Limited. First, I love driving my car, since all of the aforementioned qualities I expect of my car have been met. In addition, I like my Subie's understated looks, which resonate with my no nonsense and efficient personality. Next, the legroom is the most accommodating, for both front and rear passengers. Driving this car has been easy, with its composed AWD handling, and excellent visibility on all sides courtesy large windows and narrow pillars. The seating is very generous and comfortable for 5 adults, and the voluminous cargo area swallows everything you put in it. Love that! Overall, my average gas mileage, in mixed city and highway driving has been approximately 25-28 mpg. I'm always surprised when I got 35+mpg on the highway. Love that, too! To make my Subie even more comfortable, I made couple of modifications, like adding a dashcam; replaced the rear sway bar to a 21mm bar, which significantly reduced under steer; and, added a tint to the windows to help improve the cars atmosphere, especially in the summer. It's truly MY car and I love it!

4.1

Love Subaru

This is my second Subaru. Since I have only had it a few weeks I cannot attest to reliability. I am still trying to adjust to all the features my 2010 did not have. If this one serves me as well as my last one, I will look for another one in the future.

Best car Ive ever owned

This car provided cargo space as well as comfort. I will buy another one as soon as i get to europe. Traveling every day in this car was a joy.

Good Car

I drive a 2020 Subaru Outback for work and like it so much that I wanted to get one as a personal vehicle. Unfortunately I couldn't afford a brand new one but ended up getting the 2016 instead. It drives really well and is comfortable on longer trips.

Very Dependable and Best Value

Extremly realiable, easy to maintain, can handle various types of life styles, either be as a family vehicle in urban setting, off road for outdoor life stype or be in a work horse to move stuff.