2016 Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

Have You Driven the 2016 Subaru Outback?

Great Car

by 1st Subaru, But Not My Last from Rhode Island on Thu Feb 18 2016

Purchased an Outback Limited with all of the safety features (blind spot, eyesight, rear cross traffic, etc.) for my wife. We live in New England and being a nurse there is no such thing as a snow day for her, so we were interested in a car that could haul stuff and handle any weather. We considered some small SUVs, but it really came down to purchasing a Volvo V70 or the Outback. While I love my Volvo S80, we chose the Outback and I after having it for a few months I can say that we made the right choice. Already we have driven the Outback in a several snow storms and the AWD system was amazing. The interior is roomy and nicely appointed while the ride is smooth but firm and the handling is easy. The acceleration is a good, not great, but fast enough that I don't believe it is necessary to upgrade to the six cylinder 3.6 (not worth the loss of fuel economy). The safety features are pretty interesting and are worth the extra cost for peace of mind. Overall we are very happy with our purchase and would recommend the Outback to friends and family.

LOVE MY 2016 OUTBACK Premium 2.5

by runforyourlife from Idaho Falls, ID on Sun Jul 10 2016

This is my first Subaru, purchased in Nov. 2015. I love the great visibility, power driver's seat, dual climate control, heated front seats, larger touchscreen, locking glove compartment, comfortable seat, pull away roof rails. I had the option of not getting a sunroof, which I didn't want. I also love the cargo space and the rear seats fold down from levers in the rear. Attractive exterior and interior, larger gas tank than other similar models in other brands. Gets good gas mileage and drives well. Currently have around 7,000 miles on it. There's not much I don't love about it. Plan to keep it for a long time.

Nice Car

by Retired Engineer from Western Connecticut on Fri Jun 24 2016

I bought the Premium version of the Outback and have been very satisfied. The car is extremely quiet on the highway. The CVT transmission is very smooth and responsive and the paddle shifters are very handy in slowing the car down the steep hills where I live in western Connecticut. No trouble at all meeting the EPA mileage estimates. With around 1,500 miles on the car I am getting better than 28 mpg locally and on a recent 80 mile trip on the interstate driving between 60 and 65mph I registered 38 miles per gallon. In summary, a fun to drive car that can haul a lot of cargo and is a good value.

Perfect car

by Outback guy from Raleigh, NC on Mon May 23 2016

I have wanted an Outback for many years and finally have one and not disappointed. It is the perfect car. Roomy, comfortable, go anywhere type of car. Love it!

great car

by nellybelle from sebec me on Sat Dec 26 2015

Second one I've owned,had a 2012 and never had even one problem.Very economical to run also.Great in snow which is reason I bought.

Two Subaru family

by KJ from Arizona on Fri Jun 10 2016

Our new Outback Limited 3.6 has now joined our family along with a Forester Premium. Both cars are white, and look so cool parked in the garage side-by-side. The Outback came fully loaded, has all of the latest safety features, and is a blast to drive. Huge difference driving a 6-cylinder vs. the 4-cylinder Forester. Lots of cargo room in the Outback, killer stereo, smooth ride, very quiet CVT and far better than the 4-cylinder Outback we test drove. For night time driving the LED headlines are fantastic. The push button start is handy to have. For approx. $3,000 more one can buy the 6-cylinder over the 4-cylinder. The 6 makes this car so much better. A few minor complaints would be the leather-trimmed seats. The leather part of the seat is well made, however the vinyl trim feels thin and cheap. Also, I would like Subaru's to have auto-locking doors like so many other car brands. Finally, I would have preferred better stock tires. The Bridgestones on the car seem like will wear out quickly. Otherwise one cannot possibly buy a more safer, reliable, and fun car to drive unless they spend thousands more.

Everything in a small package

by Brokit from Covington, GA on Sun Dec 20 2015

The Outback Premium has all the features needed . Styling is eye catching and performance is beyond what I expected from a 4-cylinder car. Headroom may be a problem for tall individuals.

So Far So Very Very Good

by Alpha Chef from Tampa, FL on Tue Dec 01 2015

As a self avowed nerd, I'll admit to researching the Subaru Outback thoroughly. So far the car has exceeded my expectations for quality, looks and performance. Initially, I intended to buy a 3.36R, but after driving the 2.5 Limited, the choice to buy the smaller engine became easier to make. It has plenty of power, is comfortable and manages to make the broad assortment of electronics pretty simple to operate.

Rides smooth

by Happy sports vehicle the Outback from Philadelphia, pa on Sat Mar 05 2016

The Subaru I purchased feeling heavy and safe with all the new tech on the vehicle. This is the second Subaru I have and highly recommend this vehicle to all my family and friends. They love riding in it too!

Big Guy Car

by BigGuy from Seattle Area on Fri May 13 2016

I'm 6'5". I wanted a four wheel drive vehicle that was peppy stylish and fit. I'm pretty sure I checked all the pick up trucks and major brand SUV's. This vehicle fit the best. Comfortable seats and enough head room that I can wear a hat and not touch the roof. I got the 36R fully loaded. Goes like a bomb, more comfortable and better equiped than my previous Cadillac. Totally thrilled.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12