Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Tribeca

2008 Subaru Tribeca

2008 Subaru Tribeca

Have You Driven the 2008 Subaru Tribeca?

Symmetrical is the reason

by Chicago winter survivor from on Mon Jul 20 2009

I live in Chicago where the weather changes on a dime and winter is the time between the people with or without AWD . This is my first Subaru (2009 Tribeca) and loving it so far, it's symmeterical AWD has no match from the other auto makers unless you want spend $60,000 plus for luxury models like land rover etc.. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's perfect for the common man like me in tough winter's and you'll get the most bang for your buck 10 plus years down the road.

My wife's car

by One happy husband from Spokane WA on Sun May 08 2011

I bought my wife an 08' Tribeca in June of 09' from our local dealership with just under 15,000 on it. 2 years and 54,000 miles later we are still going strong. My wife uses this car for work and has seen ALL kinds of weather and roads in this thing.(Gravel, dirt, goat paths,...) Living in the Northwest just under the Canadian border isn't easy with the snow and ice but, the All Wheel Drive is head and shoulders above the other "so called" AWD. My biggest issue with is the mileage we get. Averaging 16 mpg in town and 21 on the highway? No. The sport shifter could be a little more responsive, but for a 4300 lbs. car we shouldn't be drag racing too much I guess. All in all I would say that if you were buying a cross over to look at the other options first and save the best for last.

I love My Tribeca

by Havokcool77 from Morganton, NC on Sun Jun 11 2017

I love my Tribeca. It has great styling, perfect size ( not too small, but not too big), and enough power for a family car. Great cargo space. The ride is smooth and comfortable. After 180 thousand plus miles it has proven very reliable. I would highly recommend the 2008 Subaru Tribeca.

Good but could be better

by Subaru in my future from Maryland on Wed Nov 17 2010

Pros: Great acceleration at the start (lots of torque) Comfortable and smooth ride Good Fit and finish inside Lots of Cargo Space One of the safest Crossover SUV's Systematic AWD Cons: Gas mileage could be better

New to Subaru; love my Tribeca!

by Smiling Beguiling from Long Beach, CA on Sat Dec 01 2007

We'll see how I feel about it in a few years, but I suspect this car will make me a lifelong Subie fan. Gas mileage is mediocre (avg 14.9 MPG city), but no SUV in this category, save hybrids, are getting stellar mileage. It's a sacrifice I was willing to make though for the added space & safety of the Tribeca. Some of the things I like: Ride is comfortable. Cabin is roomy and "lush" with smooth leather seating, nice trim on doors and dash. Moonroof is large and without the same level of wind noise that I had on last car. We'll see how that turns out once I have the bike rack installed. 5 passenger Tribeca has twice the cargo space of the 7 seater. GPS navigation. Heated seats. Puddle lights. Some things I don't like: No place for loose change. No ash tray for small trash items like gum wrappers. The foot "rest" next to the brake pedal is small! I have a large foot (10), it is much too small for me. Pedal position of the brake and gas are too close together. I'm 5'8", but no telescoping steering wheel, which would be a problem for someone 6' or taller. No Bluetooth! No power tailgate. I'm interested to see where this car will go over the next few years. Meanwhile, I'm loving my car a lot. The quality of Subaru really shines through in a way that was not present on the Mazda CX9 or the new Toyota Highlander, etc. or any of the other mid-priced SUV crossovers. I am very glad I went with the Subaru!

Great car

by AWD FAN from Montana on Sat Mar 28 2009

I have 4 children. So I use this car during the day shuttling. The third row seating is a bit misleading. You would have to be four years old to fit comfortably. Otherwise it's an amazing car and so fun to drive.

This is No. 5

by 5 x Subaru Owner from Anchorage on Thu Sep 30 2010

We have enjoyed 4 previous Subaru, 3 models, since 1989. The Tribeca is a wonderful upgrade w/ "BIG car" features w/o the bulk or cost. Can go from Anchorage to Fairbanks on a tank of gas, even in winter!

Family vehicle, now handing off to daughter

by DMK418 from Coxsackie, NY on Wed Aug 30 2017

We bought our Tribeca with only 7500 miles on it, she has gone everywhere! Now at 137,000 and still running strong. Our daughter now drives it to school, we are glad to have her in a reliable and safe vehicle. Our kids out grew the 3rd row so we went to a sedan, she can tote her brother to school and practice now. Never gave us one bit of trouble.

Subaru Quality Again

by Subaru Lover from Toronto, Canada on Tue Apr 15 2008

Have had two Legacy Wagons in the past 16 years, but the Tribeca is a major jump up in useability and style. It is without a doubt the best vehicle I've owned and expect that it will give years of satisfaction. It is a smooth ride and the added power is very responsive. The cargo space in the 5 seater is large and all the extras you'd buy with the competitors is already in place.

Smooth, quiet, roomy AWD with class

by Powersports Enthusiast from Minnesota on Thu Jul 26 2007

The revised look was what I wanted, more engine was a bonus. Power is adequate, not excessive, but so incredibly smooth and quiet. New tranny also really smooth. Ride is better than expected, tires OK at best. Handling is responsive for its size, not twitchy, but not a Legacy.. Inside, style is unique and functional. Plenty of leg room, but would like a telescopic steering column. Seats are rather firm. Love the controls. Overall very pleased. AWD & Boxer combo works well. Right about 20 mpg average so far. I rate it a 8.5 out of 10.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2008 Subaru Tribeca

Not since the Pontiac Aztek has an SUV been so heavily criticized for its appearance as was Subaru's B9 Tribeca when it debuted. For 2008, Subaru has replaced the controversial grille that became the crossover SUV's defining characteristic, tweaked its overall appearance and increased the size and power of its horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine. Subaru has also dropped the B9 portion of the model's name.

The updates make the Tribeca a better SUV than it was before. However, significant ergonomic and visibility problems and an only-adequate new engine mean that even though the styling blunder has been corrected, the Tribeca still has some catching up to do in the midsize-crossover segment.

Ride... Read More