2018 WRX STI

2018 Subaru WRX STI

2018 Subaru WRX STI

Have You Driven the 2018 Subaru WRX STI?

Just purchased 2018 ... LOVE IT !!!

by The Kid from Orlando, FL on Thu May 03 2018

This is the "one car solution" for those who need four doors, want back seats that fold down, all-wheel drive, and performance w/stick shift. No other car on the market did for me what this car does, and it does it all incredibly. Sure, MPG isn't that great but I bought the car to drive and enjoy. From the morning commute to the grocery store to the weekend track day, I love what this car can do. Add on the STI exhaust, short-throw shifter, upgraded sound system and you'll fall in love. Not to mention how well the STI holds its value. For years I have held off on buying one because they are so expensive used until finally, I caved and bought one new. This is the only car I want, the last car I ever wish to own. LOVE IT !!!!!

Best overall bang for the buck

by Cadure on Fri Oct 06 2017

I test drove several cars in this class and overall this was the most fun. The Golf R is refined by terribly boring and given the continued reliability of this model I pulled it off my list. The Ford Focus RS was a performer and definitely not boring but the driving position was way too tall with a really tall front cushion. Just a bizarre and really uncomfortable driving position. The interior is also lacking quality with a ton of hard plastics. The rear seat room is laughable compared to the other two cars. Reliability has been suspect as well with cracked engine blocks affecting a lot of the 2016 and 2017 versions of the Focus RS. The STI is not the fastest of the three but it has the most room, the highest reliability record, full time AWD (the Golf R is a part time system and the Focus RS's system will sometimes shut off rendering it FWD only), and best aftermarket support.

'18 WRX STI

by PoppaSubaru from Regina,SK on Fri Jan 12 2018

I think the STi is an all around vehicle. You can drive it year-round, whether it be the driest of summer, the wettest of spring, or the iciest of winter. What makes it buyable is it is a perfect fit for a family because it is a Sedan(four-door vehicle). Its 2.5 four-cylinder boxer engine which includes the most solid suspension and symmetrical AWD system allows you to conquer all types of roads. Interestingly, there are also three different modes it has-Intelligent, Sport, and Sport Sharp. These are three different maps embedded in its ECU. If you want to save fuel simply go onto Intelligent mode. Sometimes if we prefer spirited driving then Sport Sharp mode is the way to go. If you want a mixture of sporty and fuel efficienct driving, then Sport mode is the one you want to choose. Overall, the STi is a very unique car because it is both fuel efficient and a solid sports car that can comfort an individual or a family.

My dream car

by Howie on Tue Mar 13 2018

Finally got my dream car. Even though it is all wheel drive. This snow has me sad, as I don't want to drive and ruin my new car so I take my truck. But on the clear days it is a blast feeling free just driving.

Most reliable and safest car I have drove

by Josedb98 from Streamwood il on Mon Apr 30 2018

This car has everything I would like in the car or on it drives smooth also the features and speed on t and e car is amazing

AWD? Really

by Flyingcesar from Seattle, wa on Wed Apr 11 2018

I got the feeling that subí wants to squeeze as much as it can out of the current wrx chassis. Not much has changed over the years. Over the short time I got to drive the car this is what I've noticed that improved. The brake feel so much better. There's lots more bite to them. Also the tires I think since they are 19 inch thinner side wall it turns in quicker. As for the interior all much the same. If you want a fun drive to work stress reliever this could make for a good ride

Holy fun Batman

by reid-o from Memphis on Mon Apr 02 2018

Always wanted an STi and now I finally own one! Stupidly quick and begs you to push it harder and faster - only wish the bolsters were a little snugger. Cruises well on the highway and gets reasonable gas mileage considering it's an older drivetrain and mechanical AWD. Love the headlights and that they swivel when you turn. Trunk is well sized given the size of the car. All and all I'm very pleased with the purchase and have no second guesses or buyer's remorse

Subaru fan for life!!

by Jc18sti from Greeley, Colorado on Wed Aug 08 2018

Having lived all over Colorado Subaru?s are prefect. I?ve owed the Impreza, crosstrek, WRX, and now my 18 STI. I love this car! Fuel mileage is the only real downside but I honestly don?t care. Being able to customize this car to my life style is a huge plus. From power upgrades to adventure added parts make it what you want. I commute, take it to the mountains, and yes take it on dirt roads and mud pits. For the suspension and power difference plus subie rumble I?ll happily give up mpg. This car is everything I want and more. It?s been a great family vehicle for us as well. You can?t go wrong with the Subaru STI!

Wrx STI 2018

by jonnygvalle from asheville nc on Thu Aug 09 2018

I bought and WRX STI 2018 and I completely love it! it is so much fun to drive and that boxer engine sounds amazing! the only thing though is that is not that great on gas but who cares I bought it to have fun. I also bought some extra modifications like the performance exhaust and short sifter over all I highly recommend this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best car anyone can own

by blackhawkSTI Nikola from snohomish washington on Thu Oct 26 2017

This car is beyond anyones needs but its always fun to have something extra to your car , its powerful perforance is unbelievable and all around probably the best car you can get !

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2018 Subaru WRX STI

The verdict:

The Subaru WRX STI’s rally pedigree still shines through, but the car’s performance chops don’t overcome the car's roughness.

Versus the competition:

The freshened 2018 WRX STI needs a more comprehensive update and a better interior to catch up with other compact performance cars.

For fans of performance cars, the last couple of years have been a breath of fresh air. Sure, we lost the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution to the scrap heap of history, but we gained the Ford Focus RS in 2016, and the Honda Civic Type R finally made its U.S. debut as a 2018 model. Those two, along with the Volkswagen Golf R, are a strong set of competitors (compare them here) that really give the WRX STI a run for its money.

The Focus RS is the most performance-driven, the Type R is incredibly fun and agile, and the Golf R combines interior quality with everyday livability and good performance credentials of its own. So where does that leave the 2018 STI?

Changes for 2018