2006 Aerio

2006 Suzuki Aerio

2006 Suzuki Aerio

4.4

Have You Driven the 2006 Suzuki Aerio?

06 Suzuki Aerio SX Premium

by joflewbyu2 from FL on Thu Jun 24 2010

Great little car. Timing chain for reliability, tall hatch for utility. No problems and good for in city travel and parking. A little buzzy at highway speeds and fuel economy is average - not bad at 24-25 in the city and 27-28 highway on regular.

Very Dependable Vehicle I Have Owned

by altoid43 from Goose Creek, S.C. on Sun Aug 07 2011

The 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX I owned for four years was a very reliable vehicle. Never had any major problems, never was in the shop except for regular maintenance. The air conditioning system was never serviced and always kept us cool in the Summer and warm in the Winter. The gas mileage was superb, as I got in the habit of planning my routes, I would only have to fill the tank once a week. The seating was good, with fold down seats in the rear you could put almost anything in the back. There are hidden compartments in the rear for storage with its own wash bucket. Went out of town a few times to Charlotte and Atlanta or Valdosta, Ga. and had to fill up twice with a ten gallon tank that got about 250 to 270 miles.

3rd car - great surprise!

by Gizzy3 from Northern Colorado on Mon May 19 2008

I drive the Infinity G35 and my wife a Durango. Gas prices left us wanting for a 3rd car 4-banger... Not wanting just another mutt of car (I do like a little style) I ran into the Suzuki SX. Cool little car! Quick, nimble, very roomy, loaded with options that typically just arn't there in this class. The milage has been awesome and that was the motivation...but what a great surprise to love the little car so much. I looked at FIT, Yaris, even Sentra...but this car has a bonus at every turn on those. CHECK ONE OUT! Join the Suzuki car lovers club.

Plenty of room to haul items, great 4 passengers.

by baby blue blueheeler from Northern Kentucky on Tue Mar 04 2008

I have owned this car for about a year now. I like how I can use it on the farm and haul item when I travel. If I go places with friends and family they can all ride comfortably (even when they are over 6 feet tall). The mp3, cd, and radio are a great combination. I travel a good bit and the best thing about this car besides the look and gas milage is how easy it is to clean out. The carpet and the seats can all be cleaned with a vacuum or even a sticky roller. The only draw back I see for this car is that it is front wheel drive instead of all wheel drive like the newer ones coming out. I live in the country and the hills with mud and ice and snow would be a little better handled I do believe if I had that feature. Though it does do very well in town no matter the conditions. Even in the ice and snow I was going while others had slid off the road. I will definatly be looking to trade this Ario sx in later on for yet another one. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Decent Car For The Money

by Decent Aerio from Chicago, IL on Sun May 18 2008

I've been driving this car - Aerio SX AWD - for about 1.5 years now and so far so good. I can't complain considering all of the options for the price ($16100 out the door). I feel safe in this car on all road conditions. I live in the Chicagoland area, and we've had several major snow storms just this past year. The car handled great. The AWD, traction control, and braking performance all faired well compared to other AWD vehicles I've had to include a Subaru Outback. The only negative comment I have is in regards to the life of the manufacturer installed brakes. At approximately 28,000 miles, I already replaced the front brake discs/pads which is rated at 40,000. Maybe it's the city driving conditions with all the stop and go, but a brake job every 1.5 years is going to be expensive.

I love driving my Aerio SX

by Rockstar in my car from New Albany, IN on Thu Mar 06 2014

I got Black Betty with less than 9,000 miles, over 7 years ago. She has been the best car EVER. my little 5 speed purse on wheels. She has taken me all over the country, through snow and ice, hail damage, dirt roads, curb checks, trash cans - the beach - the mountains and everything in between. I love this car! I can fit a LOT of stuff in this car! Mechanically, this is a very good car. Today the check engine light came on for the VERY first time (120,200 miles). And it turned out to be the O2 Sensor... No big deal- $100 fix.o2 sensors typically go out about 100k. The only "issue" I have had with this car - would be the freakin' electronic alarm/door locking system - it locked me in the car and the alarm would not turn off It went on for 45 minutes....this ended up happening to me on 3 different occasions. I tried everything - resetting the alarm-resetting the key to no avail,I finally ended up pulling the alarm/auto lock system out of the car.and went old school. The other issues cost of tires- and brake replacement. I love Black Betty - and I hope I can check back in when I. Reach 200k!

Suzuki Aerio SX 2006 AWD Premium Hatchback

by Hermanator1234 from Saylorsburg, PA on Tue Apr 25 2017

Such a reliable car have only done oil changes since I got it and hit a deer even and have no problems with it, withstood the deer greatly and only had to buy a new headlight case!! Highly recommended for daily driving of close to 100 miles a day! Also amazing in snow with the AWD.

Very cool car

by hector from Monterrey, Mexico on Sat Aug 05 2006

I would strongly recommend this car. The value for the money is fantastic, comes loaded with features absent in most cars of its price range. Its very sporty, good aceleration and performance, yet with a decent fuel consumption. Mine comes with a manual transmission, it is sleek and allows a lot of fun (I heard the automatic is pretty good too). Something that I love about the Suzuki Aerio 2006 is its personality: a sport sedan that is very practical for daily use. Compared with it Corollas, Sentras, and the like feel very dull.

A very good first car

by Happy Suzuki owner from WI on Tue May 01 2007

The 2006 Aerio SX is the first car I have owned, and I have no regrets. It handles well in town and on the highway, and I love the acceleration. It has been very reliable so far (nine months), with no problems at all. The car is comfortable to sit in, and the headroom and rear legroom are great. It's also fun driving such an unsual car (in the US at least). I have an instant sense of camaraderie with any other driver with an Aerio SX (I don't get that with the sedan; my thought is, why get the dull sedan when the hatchback is so much more fun). My main gripe with the car is that the seats don't go back quite far enough. I'm 6'3"/1.89m and I'm reasonably comfortable for a long drive, but not as comfortable as I might be. I am also frustrated that AWD was not available with the manual transmission. Having just moved to Wisconsin, the AWD would have been helpful, but I couldn't afford to "upgrade" to automatic just so I could upgrade again for the AWD. Fuel efficiency is mediocre, but at least that's better than "poor". Despite these reservations, I am very happy with my car, and the positives (handling, size, manuverability, power, features, adaptability, cost) far outweigh the negatives.

great little car, great value

by AiREO Speedwagon from Kansas City on Sat Jul 08 2006

Love this little car. I have the Aerio SX, 2005 model, had it about 8 months now. Good performance, lots of pep for a 4 cylinder. Nimble handling. Easy to get in and out of. Legroom, headroom, all out of proportion to it's exterior dimensions. Great warranty. A decent ride at high speed. Watch out for windstorms, this body profile will catch a strong crosswind. This type of body design looks good to me, and it's caught on with a lot of the other manufacturers (Honda FIT, Toyota Echo, etc...) I've heard from others that they don't really care for the style. Well, they didn't have to pay for it so who cares? I like having a car this small that will haul this much. With the rear seats folded it can hold 2 full grown elephants (only if they're on friendly terms) or a whole ton of camping gear, groceries, etc...hauls 4 adults with no problem, with room for lots of gear. Comes standard with a surprising list of features, and once you start to compare it with other cars in it's class you realize the Aerio/Liana represents one of the best bang-for-the-buck rides anywhere. I kept trying to find something I thought was a better buy, but just couldn't top it. The marketing for this model in the US is terrible, or more accurately, non-existant. Luckily I found out about it in spite of Suzuki's marketing.

1 2