2007 Grand Vitara

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Grande

by 2007 Suzuki Owner from Philadelphia, PA on December 28, 2010

I've had it over 3 years and have had no problems with it. The only things I've had to do besides oil & filters is replacing the tires because of the amount of miles I drive to work every day. I'm on my (3rd set of new tires)

Love Love it!

by NiccJ from Albany, Western Australia on August 17, 2016

I brought this fantastic car 2nd hand, and have owned it for 3 years and absolutely love it! It is very comfortable, easy to drive, plenty of room with 2 small children with baby seats in the back, I can just fit another person in the 3rd seat in the rear. So reliable. I wanted this car as I have had many un-reliable cars previously, and this one just keeps going. I look after my car, which I think helps keep it going strong, and it has absolutely no signs of slowing down. I have noticed I have gone through a few sets of headlight bulbs, but it is just such as easy fix as my local Repco store fits them for me for FREE!!! As a last resort I was able to tow our small camper trailer, and it was a breeze on the highway. I love how it is higher than sedans, helps my back with putting children in and out of the car everyday. I also courier around my nana on her shopping day, and it isn't too much effort for her as it is a little higher. I also love that I can drive on the beach, that just tops the car off, as our family is a 4wd family, this was a superb choice for our 2nd car. I would definately reccommend this wonderful make of vehicle. After my aunty seen how versitile this vehicle is, she has just brought the new model and is loving it. I have 220K on the clock, and will have this car for a long time to come! I love Suzuki!

I perfer to use

by Mahit from kuwait on July 8, 2015

I purchased 2007 Model with full option, good & reliable vehicle. Good for extreme weather conditions.

First Car

by Rover from Lake Havasu City Arizona on September 9, 2006

My daughters first car/suv and she loves the styling and "cuteness" As a Dad I love the safety features. The only downside is the very poor gas milage of the 4wd luxury model.

Reliable, affordable, small

by KR2015 from Lawrence, KS on February 6, 2018

This Suzuku is great for a single person, couple or very small family. The car runs extremely well with regular maintenance and gets great gas mileage. It's easy to maneuver and affordable to take care of. The interior is great for an individual or a couple. Otherwise, adding multiple adults in the back or a carseat makes the car a tight squeeze for anyone.

Most reliable car I've owned.

by REAuntie from Orlando, FL on December 22, 2017

I purchased in 2009 and it has needed nothing but tires, oil change, brakes, normal stuff. Looks great and is very reliable. So sad they Don't sell them in the US any longer! Would strongly recommend!

4x4 will climb a tree

by Jeep man from Given on February 10, 2017

These things are a stout little ride. They are nimble on the highwsy but are quite capable off road.

Most reliable car I've ever had!

by Philly Cable Guy from Philadelphia, PA on May 18, 2016

I must say that I am more surprised that anyone to say this is a great car. I bought it brand new in 2007 (Luxury Edition) and it still is great in 2016. Its the longest i've ever kept a car and the first that is over 100K (122K to be exact). Sure it could use a bit more power, but it fools you with its RPM/Exhaust so its ok, I didnt by it to race. No mechanical issues and everything still works. Even the paint still looks brand new. I take care of it and switched to semi synthetic oil after 50K and to full synthetic at 90K. i've also gone to 89 octane (plus). I've gone thru 3 sets of tires and the only annoying thing is the headlights seem to burnt out faster than usual. i think I fixed that by re tightening the socket a bit. Plus I've gotten used to the rear door opening, makes for plenty of space. I would totally recommend this car and just too bad they don't make them anymore. It running so well is the only thing keeping me from buying a new car

Such a great vehicle I bought another

by 07GV from on August 21, 2010

I also have a 2006 GV and have always thought it was a good value compared to other SUVs. Strong engine, reliable, drives well, still fairly rugged, good 4wd system. I like the Suzuki gives all the options as standard. I bought this machine for its engine and 4wd system and have not been disappointed.

Love it.

by Suzuki Fan from Wiggins, Ms on April 4, 2014

I love this car. It looks nice and is reliable. The ride is rougher than others but it's not too bad. I average about 23-25mpg on the highway, but it depends on how I drive it. The only complaint I have is about the headlight bulbs. They seem to burn out fast. I still see older grand vitara's on the highway, and i hope to get 250K out of if.

1 2 3