2011 Suzuki Kizashi

Best value quality car

by from Quebec City on February 28, 2011

I've owned a BMW 735 and 3 SAABs. The number of standard features in the Kizashi is amazing for it's price range. Many options on other cars costing up to $20K are standard on the Kizashi. The AWD works marvelously on ice and snow here in Quebec City. The 4 cylinder is no match for the SAAB turbo-4. But I don't feel the need to drag race anymore. At speed, the car is very responsive and handling is sooo positive. The car simply goes where you point it without any sway or lean. With the steering wheel gear pads, I can simply over-ride the CVT with the left side pad to downshift....when I let up on the gas, the automatic, uh, automatically kicks in. REALLY cool ! Oh yes...this car is ultra quiet. More than my SAAB 9-5 and definitely more than my SAAB 9-3 convertibles. And the seat motors don't whine. I can drive fatigue-free for hours. This car is a simple pleasure to drive....and it'll save you plenty compared to the big name cars.

Underated and fun.

by from Phoenix AZ on January 31, 2013

I formely drove a Suzuki Forenza(a rebadged Dawoo) after my Nissan sentra got totaled and was in need of an afforadble car. One month later I ended up reading about the Suzuki Kizashi in a College Times paper and it got a really good review. I traded the Suzuki Forenza to a Suzuki Kizashi. I felt as though this car had soemthing special about it. This car was the only car in 2013 along with The Honda Accord to get a good rating From The Isurance safety instutute in a more thourough safety test called overlap crash test. This car is an underdog that is still making news even though it will no longer be sold in The United States after 2013. Moreover, this car is already ahead of it's time in upcoming crash test. The Kizashi was built as Suzuki USA Automotive Department to try to step up their game after the 2008 recsession. One year earlier in 2007 Suzuki USA Automotive had a 100,000 peak in sales. The Suzuki Kizashi has been praised by critics acrossed the board and even scored a respectable score of 82 with Consumer reports Unfortunaltely this car didn't rejuvinate Suzuki Usa Autiomotive. However this Car is alraedy a small part of vehicle history and may perhaps become vehicle icon due to it's quality and rareity. The Kizashi enede up becoming Suzuki best reviewed car. The car is like having a bunch of cars rolled into one. Imagine having family sedan(smooth reving CVT engine) that had a touch of luxury(upsacle interior), a hint of sportiness(suspension and handeling),bigger than a compact but smaller than a Midsize, smaller on the ouside but bigger on the inside, unique and statley without being pretentious. Better than average Horsepower 180 . If you can appreciate the uniquness of this car and realize that it's a hard to classify and a bit out the box car. The quality and style are there, you just have to become your own trendsetter with this car because none has one so it get's more attention than a Toyota Camry or Whatever.

Reliable, Quality, Stylish, Classy = Kizashi

by from Fayetteville, NC on August 29, 2012

The Kizashi is a beautifully made Japanese car with a European flair. We have the 2011 SLS model with navigation - this car has been wonderful and it's so fun to drive! We have hit a little over 19k miles and the car still looks, sounds and feels as if it's brand new. The cabin is quiet and though the 2011 SLS model has Sport Suspension the ride is super smooth but the Sport Suspension is felt when going over hills, bumps and rough roads (which SS is what I was looking for in a car anyway). Once you sit in any Kizashi (I test drove all models even a 2010 SLS model) you'll feel the quality. Once on the road, the car feels as if grips the road; the car also handles nicely in curves - I have never felt safer in a car! To be a 4 cyl. engine, the car has "pick up and go" like a V6 and out does our other car which is a V6. When we first test drove the car, it felt like we were going about 50 MPH when entering the highway, but in reality we were already at 73 MPH. The brakes are great with a fast response. The interior is beautiful; the leather seats are soft and comfortable- even for longer road trips. The navigation (ours is made by Kenwood) is a plus and the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer sounds great! We like our music loud but for "standard equipment" this car sounds better than any other car we test drove. The exterior is unique, stylish and we get so many compliments on the car! The chrome strip down both sides of the car really "pops". Pictures of the Kizashi do it no justice- you have to see and TEST DRIVE one for yourself if you haven't already, I'm sure you'll fall in love with the car. We test drove the Kizashi first (which ended up being the best decision) because no other car we test drove could compare in "feel", handling, braking or quality. We just knew the Kizashi was for us and we weren't going to stop car hunting until we found the perfect Kizzy for us. Some of the cars that we test drove were the Legacy, Optima and Maxima but none could compare to the Kizashi. The Kizashi is a great, beautiful, reliable car for the price (honestly, it should be priced much higher but you won't find another car with the Kizashi's features, look, quality and feel anywhere near the same price as the Kizashi). We would definitely buy another Kizashi in a heartbeat! It has been worth every penny!!

best car aver

by from IL on May 17, 2011

I am a subaru fan but after i purchased my kizashi awd i newer going back to subaru,the only thin I recommend to suzuki they need to make kizashi in hatchback version.I would be the first one to buy i...
I am a subaru fan but after i purchased my kizashi awd i newer going back to subaru,the only thin I recommend to suzuki they need to make kizashi in hatchback version.I would be the first one to buy it.

mast kizashi

by from bhuwaneswar on February 22, 2011

it's quite great..trust it...the most comfort..is here..drive it..feel as if heaven....the most reliable...great..

Best car ever

by from Austin,MN on May 17, 2011

Best car I ever owned,I hope kizashi will come up with a wagon or hatchback that would be cool!I like handling and AWD also interior is great and exterior.Go Suzuki !!!

Great Underappreciated Car

by from St. Charles, Illinois on July 18, 2014

It is truly unfortunate (and inexplicable) that this car did not do better in the marketplace. The automotive press loved it and they were not wrong. My 2011 has all the features of a much more expensive vehicle, is a blast to drive and has given me great service, all while getting nearly 30 mpg. I have not had any problems getting service (including minor warranty work) even after Suzuki pulled out of the US market. This car blows away any Toyota or Nissan, is more fun than an Accord and is on par with the current version of the Mazda6. Three years after buying it, I still look forward to driving.

Great Car for the Money

by from Baton Rouge, LA on December 19, 2011

Though I've only had the car for about 2000 miles, so far I really like it. The car drives very smoothly and the seats are very comfortable. Overall the car looks and feels like a more expensive car than it is and is far more comfortable than most of the other cars I drove in this price range. The feel of the interior is reminiscent of the older VW Passat (soft touch materials, smooth operation) I LOVE the memory power driver's seat. I've gotten several compliments on the car. Acceleration isn't as quick as I'd like, but I expected that, given the 4-cyl. engine that is standard...so it's not a major complaint. Fuel economy on the highway is good. I can easily get 30-32 mpg..but around town is more like around 23 mpg. The steering feel is quite good compared to many others and the car handles pretty athletically. No mechanical or electrical problems so far...though the car is only 2000 miles old. Personally, I like the sportier GTS version, but my budget could only handle an SE. Overall, no regrets. Good car...and one that is too often overlooked.

great value for the $$$

by from Houston, TX on January 6, 2013

This car has features and options that are great. But, it does not the high price like an upscale Toyota or Honda mid-sized sedan. The style, the quality of material, and the engineering are excellent. The CVT transmission is great. And it has the "no-key" remote system for the doors and ignition.

Great value in almost new condition

by from Sprakers, NY on February 3, 2016

A great web find and purchase. This 'new' 2011 car is fantastic. Good gas mileage, comfortable, fun to drive. I am looking forward to many years of a fantastic car.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Suzuki Kizashi