1994 Suzuki Sidekick

Very rugged, adorable, and capable little car!

by from Bel Air, MD on September 22, 2017

This was my first car, and buy, what a ride to start with! My family has owned the vehicle since 2006, and I got the vehicle 2014/2015, and have used it as my daily driver ever since! This fun little car has NEVER failed me once! Always started in the dead cold of winter, and never needed anything more than breaks and other normal maintenance since my family owned it! Being built in 1994, it lacks many of the conveniences taken for granted today in modern cars, but it makes up for that in its stellar reliability, size, handling, and stereo system! It's so small, any parking spot IS YOURS! I once parked next to a 2004 VW Golf, and the Sidekick was EVEN SMALLER than it! I'm constantly amazed this 2-door soft-top vehicle is technically classified as an SUV! This classic, querky car is an absolute dream, and I cannot praise it enough! If you ever have the chance to pick one up in good condition, DO IT!

Real Fun Car

by from Yorktown, Va. on August 12, 2017

an attempt at the perfect vehicle: 4WD, convertible, good mpg, easy to drive and park, I really like it

Suzu Sidekick was my first car

by from South Carolina on February 16, 2012

My Suzuki Sidekick was my first car, I remember it well considering I am just now on my second car. I traded from my baby Suzuki to a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. Although I love the air conditioning my Pontiac gives me I still miss the good times I had in my Suzuki. It was very reliable and good on gas. Twenty bucks every two weeks and she was good. Although my Suzuki was near broken down we nursed it back to a pretty good state. My gasket broke and what not I can't blame the car because we received it in that condition. Minus those problems my Suzuki was a great car, it just needed about five to ten minutes to warm up on cold mornings. Unfortunately our good times came to an end when the inside door hinges began to rust. One morning before school I walked outside to start her up and I was mortified when I saw my door laying in the yard unattached from the cars body. I cried for days and mourned my first car after a year of ownership. I miss my car and I definitely would get another when I get through college

Most Dependable Car

by from Lewistown, PA on April 4, 2009

Bought my Sidekick used 9 years ago. Whenever we took a trip we always took the Sidekick for dependability. It never left me set and went in any kind of weather and road conditions. When I finally decided to get a newer car I didn't have the heart to trade it in, so we transferred it into one of the childrens name, to be sure they to had a reliable vehicle for years to come

Our Expert Review: 1994 Suzuki Sidekick