2009 XL7

2009 Suzuki XL7

2009 Suzuki XL7

4.0

Have you driven the 2009 Suzuki XL7?

Who Knew Suzuki! Revisited

by FirstSuzu from IN on Wed Sep 05 2012

Well I wrote my first review in the post purchase golden haze, since then things have gone downhill quickly. Prior to reaching 3 years and 36000 miles the car spent 35 days in the repair shop. It was a variety of issues the most serious being its inability to detect how much gas is actually in the vehicle leaving me stranded in various locations like the Tollway without brakes or power steering and going 70 MPH. In addition to that being a difficult to resolve problem resulting in 30 of the 35 days of service time. We had water come pouring in through the sunroof. It literally just sheeted down the windshield. There was a issue with the battery charging system and that left me stranded without hazard lights one of the times when it miscalculated the gas level. Today there is a issue with it not going into gear. At all. It is stuck in my driveway. It has 40,000 miles on it and it is a 2009. No I would not recommend this vehicle to anybody at all.

Love this car!

by Melissa from Columbia, SC on Tue Jun 29 2010

My parents bought this car (used, but with only about 800 miles on it) about a year ago for only about $12,000 after trading in our old car. This car is absolutely AMAZING. We've had no problem with it whatsoever. The mileage is good, it has heated seats (the best thing you can in the wintertime!), people in the second seating row can control their own AC/heat, and learning to drive it really easy. The height is good for shorter people, and I love where the stick shift is. The third seating row is a bit cramped, but still do-able. You really won't regret this car!

Who Knew Suzuki!

by FirstSuzu from IN on Wed Dec 30 2009

We love this crossover. It is reasonablhy priced, sits the whole family comfortably and drives like a car. I would say that it is not a roadster it is a wagon. I am exspecially loving the heated seats. 2 small kids enjoy the space they have. 3rd row seating is just fine for adults and I am 5'8.

Best Cars we have Owned.

by HAMP from North Little Rock on Tue Jan 03 2012

Before I purchased my 2009 Suzuki XL7 Luxury AWD, we already had a 2002 Suzuki XL7 touring model with an All Terrain switch to give power to the rear axle for all wheel drive. The performance and overall reliability of the 2002 totally influenced our decision to purchase the 2009 model and keep the 2002 also. The engines in both are smooth, powerfull abd efficient. The mechanics at Firestone where I serviced the 2002 were amazed at how smooth the engine ran on the 2002 which currently has 150,000 miles on it. We purchased it in 2004 with 22,000 miles on it and other than normal maintenance, after 4 years in 2008 we had to replace the air conditioner compressor and later the two oxygen sensors. Therefore, I know the 2009 Suzuki will perform even better with the improvements in technology from the 2002 model to the 2009 model. It is a great SUV and I wish Suzuki would bring the 2010 and future models of the XL7 back to the American market. Suzuki stopped selling the XL7 model in America after 2009. I recommend the XL7 as a great SUV to own. It is stylish, great features and has a powerfull reliable engine with great gas mileage as a mild size SUV. We love ours.

THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED

by BLOVE58 from KNOB NOSTER, MO. on Wed Feb 07 2018

I OWNED THE 2003 MODEL. IT WAS PERFECT FOR ME. I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE. VERY GOOD ON HIGHWAY MILLAGE AND EXCELLENT IN COMFORT. I WAS VERY SAD TO HAVE TO GIVE IT UP BECAUSE OF ENGINE PROBLEMS AFTER AWHILE. BUT I WILL SAY IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW? I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ANOTHER ENGINE AND DEFINATLEY KEPT IT. MY LACK OF INFORMATION.

Best car I've ever owned.

by rabbit05man from Pennsylvania on Wed Jul 12 2017

This car runs perfect every time i use it as did the 2001 i had before it. All i have to do is change the oil twice a year and put gas in it.

Disappointed

by Nsybutt from State College, Pa on Mon Jul 02 2018

Wanted a car with heated seats and within 2 months it stopped working. The dealer was great and tried to have it fixed but ended up having to put in an aftermarket heated seat. Then to top it off, the transmission went (didn't even have it for two years)! Ended up having a new transmission put in I could not find another car for under $5000 that I felt was as good as what I had. Now, I've noticed that every once in a while there seems to be an electrical issue. My radio doesn't come on and I cannot see my odometer. So far, after turning off the car and turning it back on it will work.

only nu car i've owned

by milDRED from charlotte n c on Fri Mar 20 2009

Base equipment,on road milage impressive but is about as much fun to drive as the last school bus I piloted.

Worst Vehicle, BAD Service Departments

by Steve from Nashville TN on Tue Nov 16 2010

This has been the worse vehicle I have ever owned. Shortly after we got it used, with only 33K on the clock, we started having prolbems. 1st the Sunroof, then the heating module. All of these parts of course started going bad after the 36K Warranty was up. We fixed the heating module, and the Service department charged us $200.00 just to program it. That's not even including the part. Most of the Suzuki dealerships aren't doing well, and the one that are still in business are backed up for weeks. So that so-called excellent warranty you get, well, that may take weeks if not months to collect on. If you think you'll get anywhere calling the corporate offices, then think again. The customer service agent hung up on me because, I told him (ORLANDO) that the part that went bad, was a piece of junk. IT OFFENDED HIM. Come on Please. He promptly Hung up on me. Get this, while we were at the Service Department. My wife said the Service Tech, told her 3 other people called in with the exact same part malfunction. I rest my case, the part was a piece of Junk!!!. Oh sorry. Am I offending you. I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND OR BUY ANOTHER SUZUKI AGAIN!!!! and I'm copying this and putting it on every internet auto review site I can get my hands on.

Great Buy For The Money

by Rbison521 on Sat Dec 16 2017

Best auto for the money and features. Had Tracker, prior, and enjoyed driving it. Everyone that sees this vehicle cannot believe all of the features for the money.

Our Take on the 2009 Suzuki XL7

Suzuki has a little more work to do on its 2009 XL7, but the SUV does have its good points. The interior is sleek and shiny, with supportive leather-trimmed seats. The third row is no joke, with full-size seats, cupholders and plenty of legroom. When the third row is folded down, the cargo space is simply amazing. At one point, I had to climb into the far reaches of the cargo area to adjust some of my more precious grocery bags. The exterior is cute, too, with large headlights and taillights for a unique look.

Here's the "however": The XL7 is lacking when it comes to performance. Despite a new six-speed automatic transmission and a 252-horsepower V-6 engine, the gas pedal seemed to have two settings, slow... Read More