2010 Tesla Roadster

My 2nd Tesla Roadster

by from Los Angeles, CA on January 10, 2016

I owned a 2008 Roadster. Had a blast then put it into a tree nearly over a cliff off Mullholland Drive (widow-maker)! My insurance company gave me 30% MORE for the car than I had bought if for because the 2010 model had appreciated that much! I could have taken the money and bought any other car but I went back and bought a 2010 Tesla Roadster SPORT! It was even more refined than the 2008! Here's what I wrote about the 2008 & applies to the 2010 (by the way, trivia question, there is no such thing as a 2009 Tesla - they skipped that model year designation - discuss)... The Tesla Roadster was a paradigm shift; it was the car that changed the world! It said you could be sexy, you could be fast AND you could be electric! Sure, it wasn't a car for the masses with its 2-seat, low to the ground, sports car build and its cost, but it was a proof of concept that opened the door! I'd recommend you watch the movie "Revenge of the Electric Car" for more details.

Reliability? Sure! But B honest: This is EMOTIONAL

by from Woodland Hills on June 19, 2017

How many people get to say they owned a piece of history? The car that disrupted and was the direct reason Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf & Chevy Volt were made and the 'grandchildren' from that! The Tesla Roadster is FAST, SEXY, nibble & ELECTRIC! The SPORT model only makes it faster (0-60 in 3.7"')! Only 2500 were made worldwide, and fewer than that on the road today! FASTER THAN A FERRARI/GREENER THAN A PRIUS!!!

Stunningly fun and surprisingly practical

by from on July 8, 2011

It's hard to imagine a negative review from anyone who has driven the Tesla Roadster. The car certainly appeals to the passionate side; The rumble of a V8 sounded so impressive until I heard the faint whine reminiscent of a jet. Pt car flies far faster than any other sports car I have driven, even Audi RS6. The acceleration is smooth across the entire range and very brisk. The car wins top marks for performance and the fun-factor. I may have like a tighter turning radius for such a small vehicle. On another note, this car is very practical, saving you on maintenance and fuel. For longer commutes, it's easy to save>$1000/mo with a Tesla as the EV does not need the fuel or the maintenance. THe residual value after use and the fun factor all add additional value. What a great car with fundamentally economics. This car is a pleasure to drive and actually save money while enjoying those Gforces,

Besteset Car EVA

by from on December 1, 2010

So yea i got this car and its the bestest car eva so yea....get it its very amazing and sexy...so yea

Our Expert Review: 2010 Tesla Roadster