2010 Roadster

2010 Tesla Roadster

2010 Tesla Roadster

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2010 Tesla Roadster?

My 2nd Tesla Roadster

by DrTaras from Los Angeles, CA on Sun Jan 10 2016

I owned a 2008 Roadster. Had a blast then put it into a tree nearly over a cliff off Mullholland Drive (widow-maker)! My insurance company gave me 30% MORE for the car than I had bought if for because the 2010 model had appreciated that much! I could have taken the money and bought any other car but I went back and bought a 2010 Tesla Roadster SPORT! It was even more refined than the 2008! Here's what I wrote about the 2008 & applies to the 2010 (by the way, trivia question, there is no such thing as a 2009 Tesla - they skipped that model year designation - discuss)... The Tesla Roadster was a paradigm shift; it was the car that changed the world! It said you could be sexy, you could be fast AND you could be electric! Sure, it wasn't a car for the masses with its 2-seat, low to the ground, sports car build and its cost, but it was a proof of concept that opened the door! I'd recommend you watch the movie "Revenge of the Electric Car" for more details.

Reliability? Sure! But B honest: This is EMOTIONAL

by DrTaras from Woodland Hills on Mon Jun 19 2017

How many people get to say they owned a piece of history? The car that disrupted and was the direct reason Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf & Chevy Volt were made and the 'grandchildren' from that! The Tesla Roadster is FAST, SEXY, nibble & ELECTRIC! The SPORT model only makes it faster (0-60 in 3.7"')! Only 2500 were made worldwide, and fewer than that on the road today! FASTER THAN A FERRARI/GREENER THAN A PRIUS!!!

Stunningly fun and surprisingly practical

by no name from next door from on Fri Jul 08 2011

It's hard to imagine a negative review from anyone who has driven the Tesla Roadster. The car certainly appeals to the passionate side; The rumble of a V8 sounded so impressive until I heard the faint whine reminiscent of a jet. Pt car flies far faster than any other sports car I have driven, even Audi RS6. The acceleration is smooth across the entire range and very brisk. The car wins top marks for performance and the fun-factor. I may have like a tighter turning radius for such a small vehicle. On another note, this car is very practical, saving you on maintenance and fuel. For longer commutes, it's easy to save>$1000/mo with a Tesla as the EV does not need the fuel or the maintenance. THe residual value after use and the fun factor all add additional value. What a great car with fundamentally economics. This car is a pleasure to drive and actually save money while enjoying those Gforces,

Besteset Car EVA

by ILOVEOIL from on Wed Dec 01 2010

So yea i got this car and its the bestest car eva so yea....get it its very amazing and sexy...so yea

Our Take on the 2010 Tesla Roadster

I'm not an expert chef, but I've got a spice rack and know when someone's thrown a dash of rosemary on my pork chops. I'm part of the MP3 generation, but I'll hear if Miles Davis plays on iTunes. But when I felt the Tesla Roadster's surging speed and tried comparing it to the newer Roadster Sport, well, my senses failed.

On public roads, the Sport's extra torque, stickier tires, and two-tenths of a second advantage to 60 mph hardly registers. Like the regular Roadster, I've still got a strained neck, my forearms get that familiar tingle from pushing the manual steering, and the car's battery life meter is lying — again. Did I miss something, or was that $20,000 flying by?

Money seems the only... Read More