2002 Toyota 4Runner consumer reviews

$26,335–$28,875 MSRP range
side view of 2002 4Runner Toyota
Explore the 2002 Toyota 4Runner

Most badass reliable 100% turn key SUV

So you are looking for a SUV to be dependable and always start this is the SUV. 2wd or 4wd they are all great. the interior will fall apart a bit but all in all its going to get you A to B 100% of the time. If sometime does break nothing costs a lot to repair

A motor that will last. comfortable on a long trip

Cheap on repairs, style that last, parts that are available and i have seen many over 500,000 miles. Not a bunch of computers to sort through.

What can I say. Built in Japan

I bought this because my T-100 had severe frame rot, but the engine was new. I will replace the engine out of my T-100 when the time comes. My brother said "Are you nuts? This current motor, (210,000) won't fail, ever." I said you never know.

4.1

Dependable transportation in need of some work

This vehicle starts and runs great. It has a new battery, front brakes and rotors, tires and front w/s wiper blades. Has been used by Grandson while he was in college but is now in the Navy. Has some dash lights on that do not effect either the drive ability or safety of the vehicle. Free and clear title sold "as is as shown" with no warranty stated or implied.

Truly the King of SUV's

My 4runner currently has 245K Miles and with basic maintenance it's still running like new. These trucks go 300k+ miles with regular upkeep. Another Toyota vehicle that is perfectly designed inside and out.

Best auto I have ever owned

My 2002 Toyota 4 runner has never, ever had a problem. Basic maintenance is all that it has ever had. 2 flat tires, don’t count. Am doing some basic replacement parts now, just for safety! It has 1hundred ninety + thousand miles. Have a list of people who want to buy it, mostly police & firefighters. Not ever going to sell-it is part of me, 17+years. Everything works! Am concerned about airbag recall. Can’t find info. My husband drove a Tundra, son, a tundra, nephew, a tacoma, daughter just bought her 2nd 4 runner. 2 grandchildren have 2002- 4 runners, sister had a Prius, says it is Tíbet. Best friends have a highlander & Carola. I could go on & on. 7 vehicles all purchased from same dealer in Benton Harbor, Mi.

4.4

Well who knew?

After an exhaust repair tune up and new tires...I fell in love after a 150 mile trip on the highway.smooth responsive not too bad mgg

this car is really reliable ..

This car meet my needs and brings me from point A to B... work and home every single day... truly amazing SUV..you can rely on this truck..

Most relieble vehicle I've ever own.

It runs great and is very reliable and fun to drive. I have run my vehicle rain, snow and shine all around the Tri-State area without a problem.

3.9

Toyota 4runner

This car has been great for me. Plenty of room. Great reliablity. Good gas mileage. Accessories or parts for fixes issues were always cheap and available to get your hands on.