2007 4Runner

2007 Toyota 4Runner

2007 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota 4Runner?

4-runner CRASH

by nikki from Lafayette, LA on Sat Feb 20 2010

I recently lost my 2004 beloved 4-runner in a crash and it was totaled...I cannot say enough good things about this vehicle that I owned for 6 years. It was an SR5 2 wheel drive, V6 and it served me exceptionally well....We never had any problems whatsoever with this truck. I planned on keeping it until it fell apart, however things turned out somewhat different. It had a smooth ride, great power, smooth transmission, GREAT Handling as I had to make very sharp swerves several times and it never even came close to tipping and rolling.....This vehicle was everything that we needed. It was a great grocery getter, dog hauler as I have 2 large dogs I have to take to the Vet....Just put them in the back and they were comfortable. We also went on vacation across country many times, and my teenager had plenty of room in the backseat. The ONLY item that I disliked on this truck was the AC/Heat knob.....It had so many settings, you got confused with it. I hated that....Other than that, this was a sweet all around multi-purpose vehicle that I will sorely miss....Plan on buying another one as soon as I locate a Certified, one owner one in my area that is similar to my other. I have no hesitation about buying another 4-runner. I would recommend these vehicles to anybody.....One other point that I might make is with 82,000 miles on this vehicle at the time of the crash, there was not one rattle in that truck. No dash noise, no bumpy noise when you hit pot holes, nothing. It was as solid as they come. Also had great gas mileage....averaged around 20-22 mpg city and highway. Adios my beloved truck :((((

4th 4Runner in a row

by Ted in VT from Rutland, VT on Sun Feb 04 2007

The 2007 4Runner I just purchased shows continued dedication to improvement in an already fine vehicle. While very happy with my new purchase, there are a few bones to be picked... 1. When will Toyota come out with a linear fuel gage instead of the long succession of fuel gages that drop rapidly to 3/4, level off for a bit, the resume the rapid fall around 1/4 that has afflicted all of my 4Runners and Camrys since the 80's? 2. The running boards serve no useful purpose other than to soil one's pant leg with dirt on exiting the vehicle. 3. My 2000 4Runner had three 12VDC outlets on the center lower dash. The 2007 has one in a doored compartment in the console. If you have a GPS, radar detector and cell phone and want to power all three at once, you have a problem. 4. Speaking of radar detectors, the visor on the 2007 is about 3/8 of an inch thicker than the visor in the 2000 4Runner, which is now too thick for visor mounting. The 2000's visor was a convenient "out of sight" and out of the sun mounting spot. On the plus side, the wider body, larger six cylinder engine, larger gas tank (at last), larger brakes, roomy cargo area and towing package are all items that I was looking for in the new 4Runner. The construction is faultless (Hey, it's a Toyota!). The interior is nicely appointed with controls where I would expect them to be. The in dash display for MPG, driving range, etc. is a welcome addition for this gadget junky. Storage compartments abound and all my stuff from the 2000 migrated with room to spare. I like the lower door / roof openings that don't drop a load of snow on you when you open them to exit. The aluminum wheels are a pleasant change from years of rusty steel wheels. Here's hoping the finish will stand up to the winter road salt better than the steel wheel finish did. Performance is great. Acceleration is smooth and powerful. The automatic transmission shifts so smooth that you don't know it's happening. The hill assist is great. Our fuel bill should drop now that my wife doesn't have to avoid some of our steeper hills with traffic lights at the top. Other than the picky stuff, it's a fine, reliable vehicle and fun to drive. The price is reasonable for what you get. I'd buy another when it's time.

This 4Runner is Awesome

by Tom from Mount Pleasant, PA on Tue Apr 12 2016

I've owned my 2007 4Runner Limited for about 3yrs now and I love it. It had 98k on it when purchased and now has about 135k on it. It has been an awesome ride with no issues what so ever. I recently upgraded the radio to a Kenwood 6" touch screen with Navigation and SiriusXM it already has the good JBL sound system in it. I plan on keeping this one for quite a while.

4Runner is amazing!!!!

by Erin from Piitsburgh on Tue Jan 17 2012

2007 V8 Limited 4Runner. The most perfect vehicle I could have chose. Nice power, handles well, and is gorgeous. I traded in my beloved SS Impala, and I barely miss it. The 4Runner is a beast. Couldn't be happier.

First Time 4Runner

by adverage joe from North Carolina on Mon Aug 20 2007

Getting real 22 mpg on the road. 19 in town. Not heavy footed. Love the limited edition features. A really great ride.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

by jmurph from Colorado Springs, CO on Fri May 12 2017

I absolutely love my 4Runner. There are so many review and recommendations out there telling you why you should buy this car, but you really should. These cars have been dubbed "unkillable", and for good reason. The engines run forever, the parts are made to last, and it will be the best car that you have ever owned. If you spend even a little part of your time in the mountains or in extreme conditions where you need its off-road capabilities, please do yourself a favor and buy one of these cars. You will not regret it.

Great vehicle

by KJ from Central Oregon on Sat May 01 2010

In three years we've put on 80,000 miles on our V-8 model. No problems. The sound system sucks, however, in the SR5. We love the acceleration, especially since we have to drive 2 lane roads on a heavily travels hiway, which makes for easy passing. And we know the stability control works great, as we are often on icy roads! We love this car.

Toyota 4Runner - reliable & beautiful!

by I Know Quality from Hoover, AL on Fri May 04 2007

The 4 Runner comes in the SR5, Sports Edition or a Limited Edition. ALL three excellent choices depending on what you can afford. Personally, I have been thrilled with my choice of an SR5. It leaves nothing out - this SUV is a smooth, powerful ride with tons of features you'll enjoy for years to come. This is a perfect vehicle if you have dogs or kids - the rear window power rolls down. It's full of standard safety features - as all Toyota's are. Everybody knows Toyota is top quality in the nation for reliable autos, and you cannot possibly go wrong with the 4Runner. I got mine at a dealership in Hoover and the staff was no pressure and ready to give me info on whatever I wanted. 4Runner is a complete winner!

3rd 4Runner V6 4x4

by Cart The Kids from Cleveland, Ohio on Fri May 09 2008

This is my 3rd 4Runner. I love the Toyota product but they missed the mark on the interior design. There is there is only one (1) 12V outlet in the front. I run a radar detector and cell phone and have to use an adapter. There needs to be one in the back seat to assist with the kids' stuff (DVD Player / Hand held video games) The buttons to control the heat & AC are terrible! You have to take your eyes off the road to make a temp change or fan speed change. The controls for the windows are too low on the door - I prefer the earlier design. Cup holders in the rear doors are a waste. The only thing they can hold is a bottled water. Any more than that is a mess in the making. I will continue to purchase Toyota's based on their reliability, performance and value. I wish they would step-up on the interior design.

Most Reliable Car Ever

by pmeadows07 from Willow Park, TX on Mon May 22 2017

My wife has owned her 07 4runner since it was new. It has seen us through 2 dogs, 2 kids and one more on the way. It is by far the most reliable car we have ever owned. The only thing we have ever had to do to it is basic maintenance. If you are thinking about getting a 4runner, go ahead and pull the trigger on it, it will be worth every penny you put in to it! This 4runner has 158K miles on it and it still runs like a top and is showing no signs of slowing down. Awesome cars!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Toyota 4Runner

For those of us not quite ready to abandon our sport utility vehicles - the real SUVs, not those carlike crossovers - the fourth generation of Toyota's 4Runner is among the best.

Last completely redesigned for 2003, the 4Runner is one of the original SUVs and has been the stalwart of the Toyota truck-based SUV line since it was introduced in the early 1980s.

I remember seeing one up close for the first time at a Toyota dealership in Phoenix in 1985. I briefly considered buying the 4Runner - with four-wheel drive, because it would have been a fun vehicle to use to explore the Arizona mountains and the Sonoran desert.

But at the time, the 4Runner came only with two doors. It essentially was a... Read More