2008 4Runner

2008 Toyota 4Runner

2008 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2008 Toyota 4Runner?

Great Car-- My 4th 4Runner

by Happy Camper from Nebraska/Colorado on Mon Feb 13 2012

I have had 4Runners for the last 25 years and this is my fourth. It seems to be a real improvement over my 2001 which had 212,000 miles and was very very dependable. This one has some "big tires" to fill. So far after 4,000 miles it is a fine car. Better gas milage and better acceleration. I hope to keep it a long time. I would recommend it without reservation.

4Runner - Love It!

by 4Runner New Owner from Cincinnati, Ohio on Mon Dec 05 2011

Bought a used 2008 4Runner in Sept. 2011. Really love the car. Joined a forum of other owners, put a small lift kit on it for $79. The original Dunlop tires are a little hard, but will replace them with Michelins next year. That's the only thing I dinged the vehicle on. Built like a tank, very reliable. Had it inspected by Toyota before and after purchsing, no issues. Learning to do all my own maintenance. Vehicle is easy to work on. Love it, will take us on retirment outr West.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I have a 2006 and a 2008 4 Runner.

by MANUEL ROA from Boca Raton, Fl on Sat Feb 05 2011

Both cars are amazing...comfortable, very efficient. For the 2006 I had to invest money buying the firs part at 80k miles and it was not even something damaged, it was the pads for the brakes...it is amazing...nothing is wrong with this car....it gives me 20 miles per gallon which is not bad for a car like this. I am very happy with both...

Great Value

by KC-Lynn from Lynn on Tue Jan 06 2009

I've done a ton of research before looking at this car. To get this vehicle around 30k is a absolute steal. Very reliable, solid performance, roomy interior.... I've owned a Jeep Cherokee the past 13 years and I paid about 20k for it way back then... Don't get me wrong, the Jeep 6cyl is as reliable as they come and it's great in the snow, but it feels like you're driving a car in the 4 Runner. Those of you who have owned a Jeep know what I'm talking about, it's like riding a go cart with no shocks. The only complaint I have with the 4 Runner is the MPG, you'd think Toyota would have it up around 20city 24HW by now.

Extraordinary vehicle

by Bushman from Denver, CO on Fri Jun 01 2018

Solid, extremely well built, reliable. Just the best 4 wheel suv on the market. I own a 1997 with 240k miles and runs perfectly. This prompted me to also purchase a 2008 which also runs perfectly. Outstanding brand!

Best car I ever owned

by Chris from Seattle, WA on Mon Jan 21 2019

I had a 2006 that got totaled in a 4 car pile up on the interstate. It broke my heart because I loved that truck. But even in the middle of that mess with 3 vehicles totalled, I walked away uninjured. That made me appreciate it even more. I took the insurance check and went straight to a dealer with a 2008 on the lot and drove it home. It can take a load with roof pods and rear hitch 4 bike racks loaded and it performs well. Home improvement projects, if I can lift it with a friend, it works. If not, it will tow it just fine. It cruises well on the freeway and the ground clearance and 4WD does great off pavement. Grab handles make getting in and out easy and for those who use roof racks for kayaks and canoes, the spread between front and back crossbar is among the longest on any vehicles. That really helps the stability. You start to appreciate that off road as the vehicle pitches on the bumps. A quick trip through the car wash and you are ready for a night out looking awesome. I put 170k miles on between the two, and there’s no way I am giving this truck up. I travel a lot for work and get to rent all kinds of vehicles, but they just don’t make me think it’s time to update. I would rather have mine.

very happy

by Luka from Washington state on Mon Jun 30 2008

The 4runner is timeless. I did alot of research before purchase. Other vehicles offer more gadgets, but so does the limited. I am confident it will outlast others. I love driving it and the seats are very comfortable.

Great SUV should continue to make this style

by Mallym95 from Des Moines, IA on Sun Apr 29 2018

Only complaint is gas milage. Handles well, easy to work on, dog loves the back window rolling down. Great vehicle over all. Fun to drive and has great power, most likely why bad gas milage 17-22 mpg.

Best Car I've Ever Had

by Randogg from Houston, TX on Tue May 09 2017

Have the rare V8 Sport Edition with the even more rare Shadow Mica color and it's a great SUV. We tow our boat around with it and you can't even tell the boat is there, just pulls it along with no problems. Suspension is awesome, soft enough for comfort but reactive enough so it doesn't feel like it's rolling. Has to do with the X-REAS system for sure. I'd buy another without even thinking about it!

Comfortable, nice handling SUV

by Toyota fan from Wilmette, IL on Thu Apr 03 2008

This car is a pleasure to drive and is very comfortable, especially for long hauls. We recently took a long family trip through the mountains, and it handled all conditions great and had good acceleration and control through the climbs and descents. Fuel consumption is OK for an SUV -- not great but not a huge hog.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2008 Toyota 4Runner

4Runner is a Tough-Looking SUV That Can Handle the Kids, Too

Overview

The 2008 Toyota 4Runner is a seriously cool truck. It’s a testosterone-loaded, V-8, 4×4 super truck that just happens to work pretty darn well as a kid-hauler. Just because something can tow 7,300 pounds doesn’t mean it can handle my boys, but this SUV wrangles both with authority. And as an added bonus, it makes Mom look tough.

Living with the 4Runner is kind of a power trip. Stepping on the gas produces a muted growl and powerful launch; it’s not super quiet, but it’s not obnoxiously loud either. The V-8 engine handles hills without a hitch and hauls more than I would ever care to load into an SUV... Read More