2011 4Runner

2011 Toyota 4Runner

2011 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2011 Toyota 4Runner?

Great value, reliable vehicle reasonable gas milea

by Boater from Rochester, NY on Thu May 26 2011

We were very happy with our last 4 Runner - we owned it for 14 years (a '97) and it never needed other than minor repairs. We decided on a new vehicle and wanted to look around. Well, Ford no longer has a FULL frame SUV, Chevy/GMC no longer makes a midsize SUV (Trail Blazer). The Dakoda/Jeep has had some problems. So, we stuck with the 4 Runner (the 2011 is a little bigger than our '97) but has the same mileage as our '97, about 22 mpg. It pulls our boat without working hard - it's rated at 5000 lbs. The Crossovers can't pull that weight! The 4Runner is a great value.

our 3rd 4Runner

by 4x4 family from East Ohio on Sat Apr 13 2013

This is our third 4Runner, and I am sure not our last. I have to say I like the look of the older models but this 2011 is tough as nails and stacks up with anything in its class.

Gorgeous vehicle

by Suv fan from Fairfield, CT on Sat Aug 25 2012

Transmission on the 2011 4Runner is in the process of being recalled. We noticed problems with slipping at 8k miles and Toyota agreed and replaced the transmission. The interior of the car is super-durable. Could use an extra couple of cup holders. And I wish it had memory on the seat adjustment! Otherwise very happy. Ride is truck-like, with a stiff suspension. Very comfortable. Good visibility. Love the back-up camera. Exterior of the Trail is gorgeous. Love the hood scoop. This is my second Toyota. Love the 4Runner!!!

Would buy again!

by sunshine from Chadbourn, NC on Mon Mar 14 2011

Handles wonderful, easy to park in a parking space. Has enough leg room for back seat riders. I purchased a new tread mill and could it fit in the back with the seats down box and all!!

Best SUV Period

by Copper124 from Downingtown, PA on Sun May 05 2019

I’ve owned a Chevrolet ‘84 S-10 Blazer, ‘04 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the Toyota 4-Runner. I purchased my 4Runner new in Jan 2012 after my 2004 Jeep started to fall apart. The 4Runner has the most comfortable front seats, good fuel economy with great power from 4 liter V6, and unbeatable reliability. Not a single repair needed in 7.5 years and it still looks new!

2nd 4Runner

by Ed from Dublin, CA on Tue Jun 14 2016

This is my second 4runner. I owned a 1998 which I gave to my son. It reached nearly 250,000 miles before he traded it in for a Tundra. At the time, it was still running like a charm. I decided to purchase a 2011 4RUNNER SR5. it's a great vehicle. Runs like a champ. I'm hooked on the reliability and overall performance of this new 4runner. It's comfortable yet rugged when you want to take it off road.

You can't go wrong

by stephen from North Central PA on Sun May 15 2011

Have a 2011 4runner trail edition with KDSS 5000 miles. Love it! It's has evrything is was looking for in an SUV. The rides great, descent gas mileage, great in snow, holds alot of gear and comfortable. Off road it is a total beast. The only thing I would like different is that they offer a better off road tire for the Trail edition. Put a good pair of off road tires on this and it will take you any where a Jeep can go.

Uses car for Off-roading

My best car ever!

by Oli 4runner from Quebec on Mon Apr 30 2012

Nice vehicule, great handling, good quality product. Confort Ok, lot of space inside, great motor, gaz mpg around 22 on higway, very good.

2011 SR5 4Runner

by SSZ from Saline, MI on Tue Dec 06 2011

I have the SR5 and love it!. It goes any where with comfort. I love the large dials and controls. If you are looking for a true SUV, This is the it best of the best. Like the way it drives, handles on and off road especially in the snow. I don't have the third seat option but the car fits 5 adults comfortably for long trips. Great on Gas I am getting 22 in the city and love it. This is my first Toyota and I am hooked.

First 4Runner

by Kelseyal1289 from Chambersburg, PA on Mon Jun 12 2017

I have only owned this car for a month and so far I love it!! I bought this used as it is a 2011. This car meets all my needs it has tons of options and plenty of room!! Gas mileage has been great for being such a large vehicle averaging about 19mpg city driving! So far I am so happy with this purchase and I am in love with this vehicle. By far this is my favorite vehicle and am hoping it will last for years and years to come!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota 4Runner

Editor’s note: This review was written in February 2010 about the 2010 Toyota 4Runner. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The completely redesigned 2010 Toyota 4Runner reminds me why Americans fell in love with truck-based SUVs — and why we’re falling out of love with them. If you’re someone who wants a rugged, off-road-capable truck — or simply wants the rugged look — you’ll find the 4Runner a strong competitor to the likes of Nissan’s Pathfinder and the 2010 Ford Explorer. If you’re simply looking for the utility of a vehicle with... Read More