2011 4Runner

2011 Toyota 4Runner

2011 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2011 Toyota 4Runner?

Great mix, tough and comfortable

by nothardly from Arkansas on Sat Nov 27 2010

Just got back from a trip nine hours down and nine back, one of the reasons I bought the Runner was that on previous road trips I had seen more tires on the road and making this trip frequently, I was likely to encounter one. This trip I did, almost a comlete big truck tire no way to avoid, ran right over it with no problem. I am very happy to own this vehicle, safe and comfortable on the road.

Great value, reliable vehicle reasonable gas milea

by Boater from Rochester, NY on Thu May 26 2011

We were very happy with our last 4 Runner - we owned it for 14 years (a '97) and it never needed other than minor repairs. We decided on a new vehicle and wanted to look around. Well, Ford no longer has a FULL frame SUV, Chevy/GMC no longer makes a midsize SUV (Trail Blazer). The Dakoda/Jeep has had some problems. So, we stuck with the 4 Runner (the 2011 is a little bigger than our '97) but has the same mileage as our '97, about 22 mpg. It pulls our boat without working hard - it's rated at 5000 lbs. The Crossovers can't pull that weight! The 4Runner is a great value.

our 3rd 4Runner

by 4x4 family from East Ohio on Sat Apr 13 2013

This is our third 4Runner, and I am sure not our last. I have to say I like the look of the older models but this 2011 is tough as nails and stacks up with anything in its class.

Gorgeous vehicle

by Suv fan from Fairfield, CT on Sat Aug 25 2012

Transmission on the 2011 4Runner is in the process of being recalled. We noticed problems with slipping at 8k miles and Toyota agreed and replaced the transmission. The interior of the car is super-durable. Could use an extra couple of cup holders. And I wish it had memory on the seat adjustment! Otherwise very happy. Ride is truck-like, with a stiff suspension. Very comfortable. Good visibility. Love the back-up camera. Exterior of the Trail is gorgeous. Love the hood scoop. This is my second Toyota. Love the 4Runner!!!

decent vehicle

by Mike from Peoria, IL on Mon Feb 27 2012

I've had the 4Runner about 6 weeks and have 6,000 miles on it. Had key fob foul up, but other than that it has run well. I've got the V-6 limited version. I have it on "Eco" to improve mileage, but it doesn't really matter there is not an abundance of pick up until you floor it. I've also yet to have a tank meet the window sticker as far as mileage. It says 22 o 23 highway. Best I've gotten is 20 on a tank. I also don't drive fast usually 68 mph on highway. All that being said I love the room and that I can tow a trailer comfortably. I farm a little on the side and also love the off road capabilities. Overall it is a nice vehicle.

Would buy again!

by sunshine from Chadbourn, NC on Mon Mar 14 2011

Handles wonderful, easy to park in a parking space. Has enough leg room for back seat riders. I purchased a new tread mill and could it fit in the back with the seats down box and all!!

You can't go wrong

by stephen from North Central PA on Sun May 15 2011

Have a 2011 4runner trail edition with KDSS 5000 miles. Love it! It's has evrything is was looking for in an SUV. The rides great, descent gas mileage, great in snow, holds alot of gear and comfortable. Off road it is a total beast. The only thing I would like different is that they offer a better off road tire for the Trail edition. Put a good pair of off road tires on this and it will take you any where a Jeep can go.

Uses car for Off-roading

2nd 4Runner

by Ed from Dublin, CA on Tue Jun 14 2016

This is my second 4runner. I owned a 1998 which I gave to my son. It reached nearly 250,000 miles before he traded it in for a Tundra. At the time, it was still running like a charm. I decided to purchase a 2011 4RUNNER SR5. it's a great vehicle. Runs like a champ. I'm hooked on the reliability and overall performance of this new 4runner. It's comfortable yet rugged when you want to take it off road.

My best car ever!

by Oli 4runner from Quebec on Mon Apr 30 2012

Nice vehicule, great handling, good quality product. Confort Ok, lot of space inside, great motor, gaz mpg around 22 on higway, very good.

2011 SR5 4Runner

by SSZ from Saline, MI on Tue Dec 06 2011

I have the SR5 and love it!. It goes any where with comfort. I love the large dials and controls. If you are looking for a true SUV, This is the it best of the best. Like the way it drives, handles on and off road especially in the snow. I don't have the third seat option but the car fits 5 adults comfortably for long trips. Great on Gas I am getting 22 in the city and love it. This is my first Toyota and I am hooked.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota 4Runner

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2010 about the 2010 Toyota 4Runner. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The completely redesigned 2010 Toyota 4Runner reminds me why Americans fell in love with truck-based SUVs — and why we're falling out of love with them. If you're someone who wants a rugged, off-road-capable truck — or simply wants the rugged look — you'll find the 4Runner a strong competitor to the likes of Nissan's Pathfinder and the 2010 Ford Explorer. If you're simply looking for the utility of a vehicle with good visibility, four powered... Read More