Model Details

2013 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

Average based on 23 reviews

Silver 2013 4-Runner

by from Colorado Springs on February 1, 2014

I've had this 2013 4-Runner for two weeks now...long enough for the new-car honeymoon to wear off. It's a Toyota (our 5th in 20 years) and will certainly never leave us walking. It's beautiful, comfy, has plenty of gadgets, and is mechanically sound...everything you'd expect from a Toyota. So here are the negatives I've found so far: - Surprisingly it's a bit under-powered. Smooth powertrain, but it simply does not have the pick-up that my (now my wife's) 2009 4-Runner has. - Gas cap is accessible from the outside. This year's model no longer has the interior cap release. - Middle row of seats does not tumble. Though the 3rd row has been improved to tuck into the deck, not being able to tumble the middle row significantly reduces cargo capacity. - Even less room behind 3rd row of seats. - Steering wheel release (tilt up for exiting) is much more cumbersome. Used to be a simple lever. - Location of 2H-4H-4L dial is awkward. Everyone that looks at it has the same reaction: "That should be a cup-holder." Beautiful car, worth the $30K+, but no car will ever be perfect (other than the '88 Supra, Toyota should just re-offer those).

Nice, but a bit bumpy drive

by from Houston, Tx on July 23, 2013

I love the looks and options with my 2013 4Runner. The exterior and interior are very nicely designed. My only complaint, well, two complaints on the vehicle would be 1. Can not see the radio display/clock 2. It handles a big rough. I previously owned a Tahoe which is a much smoother ride. Other than the above, it is a very nice vehicle. I will get adjusted to the handling, but something to pay attention to when car shopping.

Love it

by from Indiana on August 19, 2013

Our first brand new car since 1972.Was looking at full size SUV(Navigator,Escalade,etc).Too big for 2 66yr old drivers.4Runner filled the bill, firm SUV ride,prce styling,reliability(we expect to own this car for at least 10-15 years).You sit a bit higher than vehs built on a car frame and the 20" tires help. Interior features more than adequate but you don't feeled technically overwhelmed with gadgets.Sound system is super, back seat ride is fine but the optional 3rd seat is not for grown ups.Interior could stand a bit of ornamentation as it is fairly "blah" but well made and durable. We probably got more off-road performance than we will ever need but who cares....I would buy again.

Best car i have ever owned

by from Bismarck, ND on September 21, 2013

I bought my big, beautiful black 4runner limited in January 2013. The reasons why i got it were, #1 I needed a good, reliable car that can carry me, my husband, my 10 year old son, my 8 year old daughter, and my 3 year old greyhound. #2, My family goes camping a lot and it tows our wolf pup travel trailer and the roof rack carries our camping gear along with the back with the third row flat also carries our camping gear. #3 It is the best car my family has ever owned for the cold and heavy North Dakota snow. And # 4 I love all the interior features like the heated seats, the entune infotainment system, the navigation, the fold flat into the floor third row fits my dog perfectly, the leather seats, and the sunroof.

My dream car

by from Bluffton, SC on February 11, 2013

I love Toyota, we are a Toyota family. And I will only drive Toyota because of it's reliability. I started on an '87 Landcruiser (drove for 198,000 miles) and recently traded my '06 Corolla in for this 2013 4 Runner. I LOVE this vehicle and have wanted a 4 Runner since I was 16. I'm not sure what the earlier reviewer was talking about, my 4 Runner came with a wiper on the back window ... I love that Toyota did away with the curvy exterior (like previous 4 Runners). I think the new look models that of the old Landcruisers. I went with the slide out cargo tray instead of the third row seats and I love it. Makes it easier to load heavy items. It handles great and easy to park. I love the split folding second row seats. I can choose which side I want up/down. I don't know what else I can say other than I would buy this vehicle again in a heartbeat.

Rock solid

by from Denver on November 18, 2012

Mpg surprisingly in line with other vehicles in this size and class. It actually is getting a little better mpg's than our 2012 Highlander.

2013 4 runner

by from california on September 5, 2013

best suv i have ever owned-quiet-good handling-good lines strong runner-tail gate window moveable-great feature.-cannot find any faults

quality built dependable SUV

by from Baton Rouge Louisiana on October 30, 2012

Well engineered practical vehicle with all the standard features as well as the accessories I require that has a proven track history of dependabilith and low maintenance costs

very tough suv

by from mass. on October 2, 2015

I bought this at the end of 2013 brand new and its strong and I like having a full frame as I tow a 3000 pound camper.No issues at with this suv.

2013 Limited 4Runner highly recommeded

by from CO on December 9, 2015

After driving an SR5 2014 4Runner we switched to a 2013 Limited 4Runner and couldn't be happier. So many aspects are better on the 2013 Limited. Highly recommend this model as it drives great, great off road and a terrific daily commuter in comfort and style.